Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Miley Cyrus Comes Out As "Genderqueer"

Elite Member

Default Miley Cyrus Comes Out As "Genderqueer"

From thesuperficial.com

Miley Cyrus Is Genderqueer — What?

By: The Superficial / May 7, 2015Follow: @theredmond

In a new interview with OUT Magazine, Miley Cyrus apparently came outgenderqueer, and as up-to-speed as I try to be on LBGT issues because I’m not a fucking dinosaur, I have no idea what the hell she’s talking about. I even read that Wiki link and was even more confused. Via The Daily Dot post Miley ripped on Instagram instead of a link to the original article, so I’m sure OUTloved that:
    ADVERTISEMENT

But Cyrus made one more thing clear when she announced the foundation in an interview with Out magazine: Miley Cyrus—though not explicitly labeling herself—appears to be genderqueer.
    I didn’t want to be a boy,” she told Out magazine. “I kind of wanted to be nothing. I don’t relate to what people would say defines a girl or a boy, and I think that’s what I had to understand: Being a girl isn’t what I hate, it’s the box that I get put into.”
    On top of that, Miley Cyrus just told the AP that not all of her romantic relationships have been heterosexual but didn’t elaborate. So I’m going to take the sensitive approach here and assume this means everyone was right about Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber being the same person because that’s way easier than understanding what this sentence means: “Genderqueer is a catch-all category for gender identities that are not exclusively masculine or feminine—identities which are thus outside of the gender binary and cisnormativity.” I am way too stupid to follow any of that. Does somebody have handpuppets? I feel like handpuppets would help. Especially ones with tiny felt vagina-dicks. For accuracy! Accuracy. — I’m gonna make them do stuff.
    Photo: Instagram
    azoria and lindsaywhit like this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

There's nothing she could come out as that would make me find her interesting.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

That's what it smacks of: desperation to be interesting and different. Pathetic.Everyone's a little queer, Miley, duh.

Elite Member

I don't really care about the labels…I want to know what happened to her armpits. Looks like they hurt.

A*O

Oh what a shock. She's a massive attention whore. Love the fake shaving rash in her armpits. Probably her gesture of defiance against the heteropatriarchy or some other bollox.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Ffs.

DAP

In other news, Miley Cyrus is an attention whore. We'll have more on the story live at 11.

She is and always will be that weird kid we all met in school at some point or another. She goes for "unique" and ends up "try hard freak".
    arie_skop and Bluebonnet like this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

I actually think it's not shaving rash, it's dyed armpit hair. *shudder*
    llamamama likes this.

Elite Member

Ew!
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

It makes no difference to me. She's been a big zero in my radar for quite some time. It's always such nonsense with her, like the spoiled brat in the family.

Leave Miley a lone! I just can't hate on her, she worked hard as a kid instead of having a normal childhood and now she's rich enough to do whatever she wants and hasn't come out totally fucked up (as far as I can see - so far). More power to her.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

She looks like one of those crusties that hang out downtown with the "feed me" signs around their necks.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Lalasnake View Post
    Three things I hate about this [Wrecking Ball] video: Autotune, mascara, nails.

I think that she would actually be more successful at achieving sexiness if she directed it at the bi girls in her audience rather than at the straight men not in her audience. When she held that hammer on her shoulders in the wifebeater with the shorn hair, my inner 19-year-old thought, "Ooh, what's this?" Maybe it would be a disaster, but I feel that trying to please a female audience would manifest itself in a more authentic-looking sexual expression, ie. What do you as a woman find sexy instead of what do you think men find sexy?

Oh yeah, and the lip syncing was terrible. Usually a music video kind of feels like it's actually being sung. In this case, there was not pretending that that was anything but lip syncing. It did not feel organic at all.
    Called it.
    Linne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Leave Miley a lone! I just can't hate on her, she worked hard as a kid instead of having a normal childhood and now she's rich enough to do whatever she wants and hasn't come out totally fucked up (as far as I can see - so far). More power to her.
    we've lost Faithanne...
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information