Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Clubber Lang
  • 2 Post By Chalet
  • 2 Post By Witchywoman

Thread: Bluesman B.B. King 'in home hospice care'

Default Bluesman B.B. King 'in home hospice care'

(CNN)Blues legend B.B. King is battling health problems, with a message on his website saying the 89-year-old musician is in "home hospice care."

King was admitted to a Las Vegas hospital Thursday afternoon, CNN affiliate KLAS reported, because his daughter, Patty King, said he wasn't eating and was dehydrated.
    Tests showed King may have had a minor heart attack, she told KLAS. He was released and went home.
    A message posted Friday on his website said: "I am in home hospice care at my residence in Las Vegas. Thanks to all for your well wishes and prayers."

King spent several days in the hospital in early April for dehydration caused by his Type II diabetes.
    Known as "King of the Blues," the Mississippi native was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987, and has 30 Grammy nominations.

Some of his hits include "The Thrill Is Gone," which won him his first Grammy in 1970, "There Must be a Better World Somewhere" and "When Love Comes to Town," a collaboration with U2.

Source: B.B. King "in home hospice care" - CNN.com

Bummer. I've met him a few times. Sweet funny man. Hands that could palm a basketball.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I was hoping he'd be another special guest at the Clapton concert so I googled when I got home. Terribly sad photo of him on TMZ. Who would snap that and post it I have no idea. I love his big paws too.

I talked about him yesterday at work, about how if he goes, I'd be sad. This was before I head any news about him. He's had a wonderful life. B.B is the man!
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

So sad, even at his age. But better to go than to prolong suffering. Should he go soon (and hospice care indicates he will) is he # 2 or 3? Ben E. King is #1 of very recent celeb passings, right?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

awww this is sad.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Legendary blues singer and guitarist B.B. King died late Thursday in his Las Vegas home. He was 89.

His daughter, Patty King, confirmed the news to CNN. King had entered into home hospice care two weeks earlier after suffering from reported dehydration and diabetes. He had be in debilitating health for the past year, and collapsed during a concert last October.

Born Riley B. King on a cotton plantation in Mississippi, he would go on to have a celebrated 70-year career that includes 15 Grammys and being an influential force in the making of guitarists like Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton.

Indeed, King was perhaps most revered for his intimate, chilling guitar playing. He famously called his Gibson guitars Lucille, named after a woman he never met, but risked his life for: At a concert in Twist, Ark., in the early 1950s, two men fighting over a woman (Lucille) knocked over a kerosene stove and set the venue on fire. King risked his life to run back into the club and save his $30 Gibson.

King was regarded as the “undisputed” King of the Blues. “People all over the world have problems,” he said in the book Off the Record: An Oral History of Popular Music(1988). “And as long as people have problems, the blues can never die.”

http://gawker.com/king-of-the-blues-b-b-king-dead-at-89-1704685402

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

I mentioned this in the other BB King thread but I feel it's important enough to mention her as well. B.B. King made some awesome music but far beyond that his legacy will be that of someone who broke down racial barriers and kept blues in the mainstream for decades. May he rest in peace.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

What a soul man, he's got some killer songs. RIP King.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

That was a great life. Doing what you love, traveling the world. The above photo was from the last Crossroads concert I saw two years ago. I remember watching tv as a kid and when he'd play everything stopped. I found his style captivating.
    Clubber Lang and lindsaywhit like this.

A real legend, he will be missed.

Many many years ago my husband at the time and I stopped in at a neighborhood bar in Old Town Portland Oregon of all places, never been in this bar before and on stage is BB King...nothing on the marque he was there to support a friend. It was a great night. RIP my man.
    Clubber Lang and lindsaywhit like this.

When you talk about someone living on,... close your eyes.... can't you just hear the man? Cantcha just feel him?

https://youtu.be/QHCGNf7KaVQ
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; May 15th, 2015 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Phone won't post video. RIP BB King.

Thread Information