Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Barbra Streisand's dog 'attacks flight attendant on private plane'

Default Barbra Streisand's dog 'attacks flight attendant on private plane'

Flight attendant 'left needing stitches' after Barbra Streisand's pet dog Sammie 'attacked her on private plane trip'

By JOANNA CRAWLEY FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 13:25, 1 May 2015 | UPDATED: 15:13, 1 May 2015

She may be Barbra Streisand's constant companion, but the star's pet dog Sammie may not be the friendliest of travel buddies.
    TMZ report that the singer's pet pooch 'attacked a flight attendant' during a private plane trip from New York to Washington DC this week.
    The 12-year-old Coton de Tulear reportedly bit the crew member, leaving her with a wound requiring stitches.

+4

Constant companions: Barbra Steisand's pet dog Sammie, seen here in an Instagram snap with the singer last August, reportedly attacked a flight attendant this week

The superstar is never far away from her beloved dog, posting regular Instagram snaps of her dog, including one taken in November which showed Sammie snuggling up to Barbra's pal Celine Dion.

While Sammie seemed a fan of Celine, TMZ claim the dog had an unfortunate run in with a female flight attendant during a plane trip on Tuesday.
    Barbra and her team were jetting from New York, where the star presented her The Way We Were co-star Robert Redford with the 42nd Chaplin Award at a gala on Monday evening, to Washington DC.

+4

In the dog house: The 12-year-old Coton de Tulear reportedly bit a crew member during a private jet trip from New York to Washington on Tuesday

The singer was due in the capital for a series of meetings with Senators to campaign for 'more funding, more research, and more attention for women's heart disease,' as part of her work with the Women’s Heart Alliance.
    Before her important meetings took place though, there was reportedly some trouble in the skies.
    A flight attendant on the private jet owned by billionaire investor Ron Perelman, was reportedly bitten by Barbra's dog.
    Source have told TMZ that 'a female flight attendant noticed the dog and went over to pet her, but Sammie snapped, biting the woman's hand ... puncturing the skin and opening a wound that required stitches.'

+4

So friendly: Barbra has gushed about Sammie's playful nature in the past, sharing an Instagram snap last year of the dog snuggling up to Celine Dion

The singer, according to the report, 'immediately' apologised to the attendant, with the injured woman expected to make a full recovery.
    A representative for Steisand has been contacted by MailOnline for comment.
    Sammie was a gift from Barbra's husband Jim Brolin, and has been on several tours with the star, including her 2006 US tour and her gigs across Europe in 2007, so is used to the jet set life.
    Speaking to The Independent in 2013, the superstar gushed of her pet pooch: 'She’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen. She’s like the daughter I never had. She speaks English. She understands English I swear to God.'
    'She’ll come up to me and go ‘mmm’ it sounds like a baby. That means she wants water. Or she’ll just look at me with those eyes and then she wants a treat. She always comes with us. I would never leave her.'

Barbra Streisand opens up about her family and all things music

+4

Reunion: The incident reportedly happened after Barbra jetted out of New York following her The Way We Were reunion with Robert Redford on Monday at the 42nd Chaplin Award Gala

Read more: Flight attendant 'needs stitches after Barbra Streisand's pet dog Sammie attacks her' | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Source have told TMZ that 'a female flight attendant noticed the dog and went over to pet her, but Sammie snapped, biting the woman's hand ... puncturing the skin and opening a wound that required stitches.'
    Never just walk up to and pet a strange dog, DUH. Also, the pic with Celine Dion looks like she's strangling the doggy. Should have bitten her instead.
    JazzyGirl and redcat like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

czb

if the flight attendant can't pet the dog on the plane where she/he is working, then the dog needs to be crated. sorry, the flight attendant was just being nice. #teamstaff.

Disagree, husband got bitten by a client's dog while he was working (not on a plane) and needed 8 stitches, so being careful is always best.

czb

so you are saying it's your husband's fault he got bitten? *confused*

if someone knows that their dog bites, then they have moral obligation to crate it. we're not talking about a random dog tied to a parking meter outside of peet's.
    holly, sputnik and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Kinda, the client encouraged him to pet the dog and though he had misgivings, he did. And the client was well aware that the dog was a potential biter, he admitted after the fact that the dog snapped at other people before.

czb

that's awful!!!! i don't see how that's your husband's fault. seems like the dog owner was a moron and responsible. unless your husband was taunting the dog or kicking it (which i'm assuming is not the case)?

You can't tell how an animal is going to react to someone. I visited a friend a couple of months ago, my first time at her house. She has a dog, and if she hadn't had the dog by the collar when I entered her house, the dog would have attacked me. He took one look at me, bared teeth, and started lunging for me. I hadn't done a thing except walked in. And I'll pet just about anything.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

czb

i think most people know their dogs and know if they have a tendancy to bite. and i think if you know your dog is like that, then you should have it crated in a space like a plane or an office.

The dog is 12 years old and maybe has some vision issues or is getting too old to jet set around the world on flights. I'm sure the dog doesn't have to do a thing and just sits on Babs' lap, but stress is stress and even the best animals lose the ability to deal with stuff. I say crate it or leave it home but doubt Babs will do either.
    Belt Up and Just Kill Me like this.
    Drive-by poster

You dont know how strange dogs will react to you, but you do get to know your own dogs. I've only had one in my life that was wary of strangers so we would put him in the backyard or basement when people would come to the house. He was enormous too, so holding his collar wouldn't have worked.

I've known other people that have dogs that have to be kept from strangers, because of similar behavior.

That owner was totally irresponsible Constance.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bob's PS has settled down and he looks pretty good....better than a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    that's awful!!!! i don't see how that's your husband's fault. seems like the dog owner was a moron and responsible. unless your husband was taunting the dog or kicking it (which i'm assuming is not the case)?
    Nooo, he's a good guy and would never harm an animal. The dog didn't seem too friendly, which is why he had misgivings. But the client brought the dog right over, hubby reached out to pet him, and "chomp".

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    You dont know how strange dogs will react to you, but you do get to know your own dogs. I've only had one in my life that was wary of strangers so we would put him in the backyard or basement when people would come to the house. He was enormous too, so holding his collar wouldn't have worked.

I've known other people that have dogs that have to be kept from strangers, because of similar behavior.

That owner was totally irresponsible Constance.
    He is a really old guy (close to 90) and the dog is his only companion. But I agree, since the dog didn't have a stellar record when it came to strangers, bad idea to try to get someone to pet him. He should have confined him, like you did with your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Bob's PS has settled down and he looks pretty good....better than a few years back.

"Your girl is lovely, Hubbell".
    Fran and BITTER like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

A responsible pet owner knows their dog's temperament and has a good idea as to how their dog reacts to strangers and to someone approaching them. The dog had other options, such as growling, to warn off the flight attendant but chose not to take them. Instead the dog bit hard enough to break the skin. Dogs always do what they intend to do. It wasn't an accident or a case of "he didn't mean to bite that hard." He did.

The dog is aggressive and unsafe around strangers. Babs better keep him crated or otherwise restrained around people the dog doesn't know.
    czb, Kittylady and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information