Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Third time's a charm for Pattie Boyd

Default Third time's a charm for Pattie Boyd

Wedding bells again for Pattie Boyd at 71: Model famous for marriages to George Harrison and Eric Clapton ties knot for the third time

• Pattie wed Rod Weston on Thursday at Chelsea Registry Office in London
    • Pair were accompanied by their dog Freddie at the registry office
    • This is Pattie's third marriage; her first was to George Harrison in 1966
    • Second marriage was to Eric Clapton in 1979

By BIANCA LONDON FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 19:54, 30 April 2015 | UPDATED: 21:31, 30 April 2015

Model Pattie Boyd wed Rod Weston on Thursday at Chelsea Registry Office in London - making today the third time she has tied the knot.
    The 70-year-old, who is also a photographer and author, was previously married to both George Harrison and Eric Clapton and has now found love for the third time with Weston.
    Pattie, who was accompanied by her dog Freddie at the registry office, showcased her age-defying good looks and sartorial prowess in a chic silver and blue coat jacket and silver dress.

+12

Pattie Boyd has tied the knot for the third time, this time with Rod Weston at Chelsea Registry Office, Chelsea Old Town Hall, in London

She accessorised her look with silver sandals and an oversized hat, and carried a posy of flowers as her guests showered her and her new husband with confetti.
    Pattie met property developer Rod back in 1991 and he became her long-term partner.

Pattie, who has graced the cover of Vogue numerous times, and had three of arguably the greatest love songs ever written compsed for her, has also had some of the most high-profile relationships of all time.
    She was the first wife of George Harrison, lead guitarist of The Beatles, who she met in 1964 on set of the film A Hard Day's Night.

+12

Pattie, photographed with Rod and their dog Freddie, was famously married to both George Harrison and Eric Clapton in the past

+12

The couple look delighted as their leave the town hall to a shower of confetti

+12

George Harrison (who died in November 2001) and Pattie Boyd, 21, leave Epsom Registrar Office after their marriage in January 1966

+12

Eric Clapton married Pattie Boyd, the ex-wife of his friend George Harrison, in 1979

The couple tied the knot in January 1966 and Paul McCartney was best man.

However, by 1973, her marriage was going sour and Pattie and George divorced in 1977; she blamed his repeated infidelities, culminating in an affair with Ringo Starr's wife Maureen.

Her next marriage was to Eric Clapton, whom she met in the 1960s when he was writing music with George Harrison.

Newly-married George Harrison and Pattie Boyd in 1966

+12

The 70-year-old model, photographer and author, has found love for the third time with Weston

+12

Pattie showcased her age-defying good looks and sartorial prowess in a chic silver and blue coat jacket and silver dress

+12

She accessorised her look with silver sandals and an oversized hat, and carried a posy of flowers as her guests showered her and her new husband with confetti

+12

Pattie, now 71, met property developer Rod back in 1991 and he became her long-term partner

+12

Pattie with her mother and Diana and sister Jenny at her wedding on Thursday

+12

Pattie, who has graced the cover of Vogue numerous times, and had three of arguably the greatest love songs ever written for her, has had some of the most high-profile relationships of all time

Eric fell in love with Pattie and dedicated his 1970 album with Derek and the Dominos, Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, to her.
    She originally rejected his advances but finally moved in with him in 1979. Her new life with Eric, in yet another mansion, took on an eerily familiar pattern.
    She subjugated her life to his claiming that to keep up with him she took marijuana, uppers, downers, cocaine, even heroin, and became an alcoholic as she tried to keep up with his drinking.
    In 1985, soon after Eric Clapton had played at the first Live Aid concert, he met Lori del Santo, an actress.

+12

The first time that Pattie tied the knot was to George Harrison in January 1966 and legend Paul McCartney was best man

Yet she still clung on to their marriage, even after Lori gave birth to a son, Conor, the following year.
    Eric would come home to Pattie after visiting him, bursting with fatherly pride. At the time, Pattie was going through IVF.
    They divorced in 1989 on the grounds of 'infidelity and unreasonable behaviour'. Two years later, Conor died when he fell from a 53rd-floor window in Manhattan and Pattie was still there for Eric.

Despite her marital woes, Pattie's career, which began as a model in 1962, was a huge success story.
    In 2007 Boyd published her autobiography, which includes some of her photographs, and it debuted at the top of the New York Times Best Seller list.
    In February this year, Boyd gathered a remarkable collection of negatives together of her life with her famous friends and husbands for an exhibit at the at the San Francisco Art Exchange.

Read more: Pattie Boyd famous for marriages to George Harrison and Eric Clapton ties knot | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Good for her.

Some people should just not wear sandals.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Um those toes!

Her sister Jenny was twice married to Mick Fleetwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Good for her.

Some people should just not wear sandals.
    Are you talking about the fact that it looks like she has bunches of white grapes for feet?
    Brookie and Heidi Ho like this.

A*O

Wow, those are some bunions. Her big toe is almost perpendicular to the others. She must have had something going for her to snag 2 rock gods - can't see what it was to be honest. She looks better these days.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Um those toes!

Her sister Jenny was twice married to Mick Fleetwood.
    Never knew that!

Pattie, photographed with Rod and their dog Freddie

Is Freddie shitting on someones shoes?

The feature on center of her dress looks like it is going to open as a porthole to another dimension.
    ManxMouse and rollo like this.
    Drive-by poster

Gold Member

She looks good for 70, but she should have worn a slightly longer dress, hose and different shoes. Her third husband is a cutie.

Elite Member

I'm happy for her. I read her book and was saddened by the way her marriage to Clapton and Harrison ended, though I know she certainly had her part in it, too. I was also bummed that after all that shit she put up with being married to one of the most famous people in the world at the height of Beatlemania, with the groupies, and the constant long distance for years, etc. etc., that she walked away with close to nothing from her marriage to Harrison. It's particularly unfair as he was the one that forced her to give up her lucrative modeling career, just so she could be at his beck and call. But, these two look happy so that's a score for her.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I thought Pattie was adorable back in the day. She definitely put up with her share of shit from Clapton. Didn't she finally leave him after the got someone pregnant?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Their dog (the cute furry one) looks humiliated in all of the photos. It's making me laugh.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I thought Pattie was adorable back in the day. She definitely put up with her share of shit from Clapton. Didn't she finally leave him after the got someone pregnant?
    Yeah. That Lori chick with whom he had a son, Connor. Connor is the one who fell out of a high rise window and then Eric wrote "Tears in Heaven".

And I never knew George had an affair with Ringo's wife, Maureen?
    Clubber Lang and Brookie like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Congrats to her. I think she looks great for 70, and I love that the dog was included.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Are you talking about the fact that it looks like she has bunches of white grapes for feet?
    She does!
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

right now I am waiting for her second husband to go on stage at MSGarden. and they are playing you never give me money medley from abbey road over the loud speaker. how fucking happy am I
    dolem, rollo, I'mNotBitter and 3 others like this.

Elite Member

You lucky biatch!
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information