Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Jessica Alba on being the boss at The Honest Company: ‘I’ve made people cry’

Default Jessica Alba on being the boss at The Honest Company: ‘I’ve made people cry’

Jessica Alba isn't afraid to rule with an iron fist.
    In order for the actress and entrepreneur (who turned 34 Tuesday!) to take her business The Honest Company to soaring heights, she's had to be a straight-talking lady boss.
    "I'm straight to the point. I’ve made people cry," the Sin City: A Dame to Kill For actress said in her May cover story in Moremagazine. "I have to say, 'This isn't personal. This is what needs to get done, and it's just as simple as that. And … we're not crying anymore.' "

The wife and mother of two also said she's learning to tone herself down when it comes to managing her eco-friendly empire, which offers natural goods, including cleaning materials, diapers and skincare products that are free of harmful chemicals and toxins. (They're working on an organic tampon.)
    "My [business] partners are men. Whenever I say something that's kind of against their intuition, they go back and talk to their wives," she said.

She added, "And then their wives usually agree with me. So that’s how we get stuff done over here."
    Balancing a billion-dollar business, a family and an acting career, Alba isn't one to shy away from new challenges.
    "I didn't want to wake up and kick myself for not pursuing something I believed in," she said in the interview. "I couldn't wait to reject the status quo, punch it in the face and kick it to the curb."

http://www.people.com/article/jessica-alba-more-magazine-may-cover-story-honest-company-interview

Elite Member

I still can't believe she's been so successful. She has never seemed to be the brightest bulb to me. She's like the Jessica Simpson of organic products.

I love her Honest cleaning products....body and house!!

Their stuff is way over priced. The diapers are cute, big whoop. They cost more than other "organic" brands and definitely more than the regular brands. Their hand soap is a lot more than Ms. Meyers or Method. Same with the wipes, etc.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

czb

we got some of the baby wash (yeah, i still use that) from costco and it was an ok price. that's the only thing of theirs i buy. and kris, we use mrs meyers hand soap but i think it's on the EWG not-so-great list.

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Liquid Hand Soap, Basil || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG

honest company gets a good rating for the body wash:

The Honest Company Honest Shampoo & Body Wash || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG

eta: the basil one actually has an ok rating, it's this one that is bad:

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/...p%2C_Lavender/
    Last edited by czb; April 29th, 2015 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I still can't believe she's been so successful. She has never seemed to be the brightest bulb to me. She's like the Jessica Simpson of organic products.
    I don't think she is a bright bulb. She is the 'face' of Honest, but she's not behind the scenes with business legalities, testing product ingredients and their safety levels etc... and etc... There's a whole slew of a team behind her.
    Go Habs Go!!

I also thought she was just the face of honest, and it was run by smart corporate people. I think she just has a good team and she uses her image to sell the products.

She's a poser. You can tell by that dumb little story about making people cry. That's how business people in movies operate not IRL.

If she has made someone cry, it was probably because they couldn't believe how someone so stupid can make so much money.
    Mivvi21, soogar, tulip and 13 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    She's a poser. You can tell by that dumb little story about making people cry. That's how business people in movies operate not IRL.

If she has made someone cry, it was probably because they couldn't believe how someone so stupid can make so much money.
    Exactly, this rarely happens in the real world - making someone crying in the boardroom. lol
    Bluebonnet, holly and idunno like this.

Elite Member

Even if she did make someone cry (which she didn't), that's not something to be proud of. That's bad management.

"I have to say, 'This isn't personal. This is what needs to get done, and it's just as simple as that. And … we're not crying anymore.' "

And so I won't be buying any of your shit if that's the way you treat your employees that makes you all that money. Yeah, and one more thing...you're mean.
    Kathie_Moffett and qwerty like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    we got some of the baby wash (yeah, i still use that) from costco and it was an ok price. that's the only thing of theirs i buy. and kris, we use mrs meyers hand soap but i think it's on the EWG not-so-great list.

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Liquid Hand Soap, Basil || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG

honest company gets a good rating for the body wash:

The Honest Company Honest Shampoo & Body Wash || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG

eta: the basil one actually has an ok rating, it's this one that is bad:

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Liquid Hand Soap, Lavender || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | EWG
    We still use baby wash, too I like the smell.

I love mrs meyers! I'm sad. I do like the lavender hand soap by the Honest Co. more than any of the other lavender soaps out there.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Even if she did make someone cry (which she didn't), that's not something to be proud of. That's bad management.
    Exactly! No one will continue to work for a bitch.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

czb

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    We still use baby wash, too I like the smell.

I love mrs meyers! I'm sad. I do like the lavender hand soap by the Honest Co. more than any of the other lavender soaps out there.
    i love mrs meyers, too. but i get the basil. try the EO hand soap - their lavendar is pretty good. and they sell it in large containers - fewer trips to the store.

For the LOVE OF GOD, when is she going to sell this dopey company so that won't keep seeing headlines about it????
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information