Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Adam Sandler Movie: Native American Actors Walk Off Set

Default Adam Sandler Movie: Native American Actors Walk Off Set

Adam Sandler Movie

Native American Actors Walk Off ...

Netflix Says They're Missing the Joke

37 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

Exclusive Details

A group of Native American actors quit an Adam Sandler movie because they feel it's insulting and racist ... but Netflix says the outraged actors are missing the whole point of the film.

The movie is called "The Ridiculous Six" and is being produced just for Netflix. It's described as a spoof on "The Magnificent Seven" ... starring Sandler, Nick Nolte, Steve Buscemi, Dan Aykroyd, Jon Lovitz and Vanilla Ice.

But the spoofing went too far Wednesday, in the eyes of a dozen actors and actresses who walked off the set. Some of the offending jokes included female characters named Beaverís Breath and No Bra -- and a scene where an Apache woman urinates outdoors while smoking a peace pipe.

Netflix is defending the Sandler flick, saying it's all a joke. A Netflix rep tells TMZ, "The movie has ridiculous in the title for a reason: because it is ridiculous." The rep says it's intended to be a satire of Westerns and the stereotypes popularized in the genre. The rep adds ... the diverse cast "is not only part of -- but in on -- the joke."

This wasn't the first day of filming. In fact, Loren Anthony -- one of the pissed actors had previously tweeted how much he was enjoying the project. But after today's walk out he said, "Today work was no bueno, my native women were disrespected and i walked off set.
    "

Read more: Adam Sandler Movie -- Native American Actors Walk Off ... Netflix Says They're Missing the Joke | TMZ.com
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Adam Sandler hasn't made a funny movie since Happy Gilmore.
    arie_skop, llamamama and kasippu like this.

I loved The Wedding Singer.
    Sassiness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    adam sandler hasn't made a funny movie

fify
    BITTER, Novice, Kittylady and 4 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I've never found his movies that funny at all. Punch-Drunk Love had some good moments, but it was drama and Emily Watson was in it.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I don't even find his SNL skits funny. Spanglish is the only film I liked him in, any time he tries to be humorous he's like an obnoxious class clown on a sugar rush, the one you can't stand but never shuts up.
    Dorahacky likes this.

czb

i hated punch drunk love (sorry, bitter).

i liked 50 first dates and the wedding singer. mr czb loves him, but obviously i overlooked this when he asked me to marry him.

i'm not an Adam Sandler fan at all. i did like Happy Gilmore. but, signing up for a Sandler flick pretty much ensures there is going to be something that offends someone.
    This world is becoming too PC
    gas_chick likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

"The rep says it's intended to be a satire of Westerns and the stereotypes popularized in the genre"....

Funny, I don't recall a Hollywood stereotype involving Apache women and their rude toilet habits.

Mel Brooks: 100 points
    Adam Sandler: -647,862 points
    Sassiness and Bombshell like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I'm not offended by the humor.

Sandler just annoys me to death. There are some people I can't stand to even listen to from the other room when not watching w/ mr. spinmonkey. Sandler is in that club for me. If someone else were delivering the lines I would probably find it funny.
    Drive-by poster

Happy Gilmore is fucking hysterical. And Kathy, thanks because I was going to mention Mel Brooks.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'll admit to liking several Sandler flicks and loving him on SNL. I've got the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy apparently. I swear though wouldn't it be more offensive it they just put non American Indian actors as Indians like they always did in the old days? I agree with MsDeb. When the hell is the PC police state gonna end?
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Maybe, if dozens of people are offended and walk out of the set, then maybe the content really is offensive, and Sandler and netflix should get a clue?

Nobody should feel guiltier than me - I love the most puerile and hated Adam Sandler movie of all - "Little Nickie":

gas_chick likes this.

I hate Adam Sandler, he's a fucking idiot and he's unfunny. What did they think they were getting into signing up for this shit anyway?
    Ravenna and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information