Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Alan Rickman, 69, has 'secretly wed partner Rima Horton 50 years after they first met

Default Alan Rickman, 69, has 'secretly wed partner Rima Horton 50 years after they first met

Alan Rickman, 69, has 'secretly wed partner Rima Horton 50 years after they first met'

By Colette Fahy for MailOnline

Published: 12:19 GMT, 23 April 2015 | Updated: 13:24 GMT, 23 April 2015

They met 50 years ago when he was 19 and she was just one year younger but Alan Rickman and Rima Horton have only just gotten around to tying the knot.
    The couple, who have been living together since 1977, married in a secret ceremony in New York recently, Alan, 69, has revealed to German newspaper Bild.
    In an interview with Germany's Bild newspaper, he was asked what the secret to a successful relationship without getting married is and he surprisingly replied: 'We are married. Just recently. It was great, because no one was there. After the wedding in New York we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and ate lunch.'

Surprise! Alan Rickman has revealed that he recently wed Rima Horton, who he first met 50 years ago, in a secret ceremony in New York

And while Rima, 68, didn't want a huge ring, Alan bought her a $200 band, which he laughingly admitted 'she never wears'.
    Economist Rima was a Labour party councillor for the Kensington and Chelsea London Borough Council from 1986 to 2006.
    Speaking previously about her, Alan told HELLO! magazine: 'I think every relationship should be allowed to have its own rules. She's tolerant. She's incredibly tolerant. Unbelievably tolerant. Possibly a candidate for sainthood.'
    The couple have enjoyed a low-key relationship, despite living together for almost 40 years.

50 years and counting: They met 50 years ago when he was 19 and she was just one year younger but Alan and Rima have only just gotten around to tying the knot

MailOnline has contacted a representative for Alan for comment.
    Alan is currently promoting his new movie A Little Chaos, which he both directed and stars in.
    It sees him reunite with Kate Winslet on screen, 20 years after they worked together on the popular costume drama, Sense and Sensibility.
    However, despite the presence of him and Winslet, Rickman admitted getting funding for the film was touch.
    'It's difficult these days to make a film like that, to finance it. It's all right if it's a long series on television, but the movies as we know are full of comic books and superheroes. You`ve got to fight hard,' he told AAP while in Sydney.

Brains to burn: Economist Rima (pictured with Alan in 2002) was a Labour party councillor for the Kensington and Chelsea London Borough Council from 1986 to 2006

'But people always needs to be told a story. It's patronising to people to think that they just want bubblegum with the bubblegum.'
    A Little Chaos centres on Winslet's character, Sabine De Barra, a landscape designer who has been hired by Louis XIV's landscape artist Andre Le Notre, to design an outdoor ballroom.
    It's a character driven piece that focuses on a love story developing between De Barra and Le Notre, played by Matthias Schoenaerts (Rust and Bone, The Drop).
    Rickman is confident people who go to see the film will become emersed in the story thanks to the brilliance of Winslet.
    Winslet, after 20 years since Sense and Sensibility was released, has developed into one of the best actresses of her generation.
    'It's an extraordinary experience to have worked with somebody when they're 19 and then to revisit a working relationship when she's 37, and with kids and life history,' Rickman said of Winslet, who was drawn to the feminist film.

No fuss: While Rima, 68, didn't want a huge ring, Alan (pictured with her in 1992) bought her a $200 band, which he laughingly admitted 'she never wears'

'It's definitely feminist. It's written by a woman (Alison Deegan) and it's a set in a world where men dominated and women are decorative objects so that's another reason for Kate wanting to be involved,' he said.
    Rickman is also in there, playing a convincing Louis XIV and he says he has now returned to the 'day job' of acting.
    Although he hasn't quite finished with his directorial duties on A Little Chaos just yet.
    'It takes a long time to shrug a film off that you've directed,' he said.
    However, this is one film he doesn't mind living with a little while longer.
    'It's OK because I'm proud of it and I'm proud of the work that everybody did in it, so it's like you're holding up the flag for a different kind of story telling.'

A Little Chaos starring Academy Award winner Kate Winslet

Low key: The couple (pictured in 2005) have enjoyed a low-key relationship, despite living together for almost 40 years

palta and Laurent like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I love the glint in his eye. Congratulations, Rima & Alan!
    Laurent likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Mrs. Mohandas loved this guy at first sight in "Die Hard". To this day, whenever one of us is discussing our finances, we'll say, "Sitting on beach. Earning 20%."

Love him!
    spiderpig and Laurent like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Happy for him. I love him and his voice.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Now I love him even more.
    Laurent and spiderpig like this.

He looks so happy with her. Congrats to them. I wish I had gotten to hit that before he got married though.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Congrats to them. They've been together forever…very cool. Is her tolerant, very tolerant, too tolerant nature code for he's a big cheater pants and she's been ok with it?
    llamamama, sputnik and sluce like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Congrats to them. They've been together forever…very cool. Is her tolerant, very tolerant, too tolerant nature code for he's a big cheater pants and she's been ok with it?
    Or that is cranky Severus Snape persona wasn't much of a stretch for him.....
    tulip and Angeli like this.

Or that he always leaves the toilet seat up...
    tulip and sputnik like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Three years ago A*O said the following:

"I've confessed this before but one of my fantasies is having Alan Rickman whisper FILTH in my ear while performing acts of gross indecency on each other [eyes glaze over.....]"

Now whenever I hear him speak this quote always pops into my head, thanks A*O! (and I agree)

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I assumed that it was just the usual thing of thespians being temperamental bastards who need careful handling and ego fluffing and grounding in equal measures

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    Three years ago A*O said the following:

"I've confessed this before but one of my fantasies is having Alan Rickman whisper FILTH in my ear while performing acts of gross indecency on each other [eyes glaze over.....]"

Now whenever I hear him speak this quote always pops into my head, thanks A*O! (and I agree)
    Oh Gods, YES! Alan Rickman, a blanket on the ground in some sunny meadow and a book of John Donne's poetry. My panties would dissolve.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Oh Gods, YES! Alan Rickman, a blanket on the ground in some sunny meadow and a book of John Donne's poetry. My panties would dissolve.
    Originally, I was going to say how envious I was that he has been garnering such erotically charged encomiums, but goddamnit, Alan has earned this!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Originally, I was going to say how envious I was that he has been garnering such erotically charged encomiums, but goddamnit, Alan has earned this!
    And we're all patiently waiting for him to come get his reward.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A*O

Yes, the Voice would still do the trick but I'm afraid the hotness is now warmness. Age has softened him and he's morphing into Michael Winner.
    llamamama and sputnik like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information