Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: Robert Downey Jr. Walks Out of Interview

Default Robert Downey Jr. Walks Out of Interview

Robert Downey Jr. Walks Out of Avengers Interview

By Sadie Gennis, TV GUIDE

Published 10:00 pm, Tuesday, April 21, 2015

• Robert Downey, Jr. | Photo Credits: Channel 4 News the interview back on track, but Guru-Murthy was just getting started. "The reason I'm asking you about the past is you've talked in other interviews, again, about your relationship with your father and the role of all of that in the dark periods you entered, taking drugs, drinking and all of that," Guru-Murthy said to a visibly agitated Downey.

Robert Downey Jr. walked out of an interview to promote Avengers: Age of Ultron after being repeatedly pressed to discuss his "dark periods."
    Things began to get awkward when British journalist Krishnan Guru-Murthy compared Iron Man becoming "more likable" and "a better man" to Downey's personal journey. It only became worse when Guru-Murthy brought up a quote the actor said during a 2008 New York Timesinterview about his time in prison.
    Downey attempted as best he could to answer the question and get the interview back on track, but Guru-Murthy was just getting started. "The reason I'm asking you about the past is you've talked in other interviews, again, about your relationship with your father and the role of all of that in the dark periods you entered, taking drugs, drinking and all of that," Guru-Murthy said to a visibly agitated Downey.

"And I just wondered whether you're free of all of that or whether you think that's still--"

"I'm sorry," the actor interrupted. "What are we doing?"
    After getting an OK from his publicist off-screen, Downey quickly got up, said an emphatic "bye" and gave Guru-Murthy a wonderfully passive aggressive pat on the shoulder. "It's just getting a little Diane Sawyer in here," Downey said before walking out.

I couldn't get the video to imbed. It's at the link.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainme...ew-6217333.php

if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I didn't watch the video, but this is just a press junket for a super heroes movie. Why in the world would an interviewer think this is the time or place where Downey would want to talk about that?

I think he's talked about it plenty already.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If you watch the interview, fast forward. The uncomfortable bits are the last 2-3 minutes. RDJ gets visibly upset and breathes heavy. He tries to get out gracefully and the interviewer just keeps pushing.

Team Downey.

eta: thanks greys.
    Mrs P likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

"Aren't we promoting a movie"? Love it. You can see how pissed off he is getting. He has way more patience that I would have had. The interviewer was a complete jerk.
    Mrs P and Angeli like this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Yes, Team Downey. He tried to get out of it multiple times gracefully, and was respectful even after he got up. Classy guy.

Downey has 7 minutes to promote a blockbuster movie, not to delve into the dark recesses of his past and his relationship with his father. It's a superhero movie, his father doesn't add into Tony Stark. Maybe that's an already prolific reporter, I don't know, but he tried to turn a cheesecake interview into some big "my time to shine and get to the bottom of Downey" type shit. Have him open old wounds and talk about liberalism when promoting a shitty movie, so the interviewer could get more interest. Obnoxious.
    Last edited by Brah; April 22nd, 2015 at 09:16 PM.

A*O

RDJ has opened up about all this stuff countless times before. He has nothing new to add (and is anyone really interested now?) so I don't blame him for shutting it down. The days of skilful, respectful, professional interviewers are long gone. It's all about trying to get the next exclusive and the next headline to stoke their own egos.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

The interviewer was sitting there looking a lot like George Castanza.

holy crap rjd looks like my doctor. i love watching walk out interviews.

that's all.
    arie_skop likes this.

Robert is there to promote a movie, not to talk about his personal problems. Stupid interviewer.
    Mrs P likes this.

RDJ seems to be looking a little more like Alan Cumming lately. It might be just the photo, though.

Novice likes this.

Whaat? No, not at all! Get your eyes checked, Mo!!!

That reporter is on my shit list now. Nobody is allowed to upset RDJ. Dickhead.
    Bombshell likes this.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Team RDJ all the way. He had all the rights to walk out.
    (And as a super high profile actor, he has the privilege of doing it with little consequences anyway).
    Mrs P and Sylkyn like this.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information