Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Charlize Theron on her son & her dogs: ‘They’re all my children, love is love’

Default Charlize Theron on her son & her dogs: ‘They’re all my children, love is love’

Her first time watching Mad Max:
    “I saw Mad Max, and I remember certain images: the road, the cars going really fast. But I didn’t know who Mel Gibson was. I thought he was just some dude who had a really cool job. In South Africa, we didn’t have the whole celebrity thing—I had no idea that people knew actors’ names.”

Shooting Mad Max in Namibia, close to South Africa: “I was conflicted. Everybody knows that feeling of going home and being giddy and then, at the same time, wanting to projectile vomit. [Laughs] The shoot lasted an eternity—we were there for seven months.”

Shaving her head for the role:
    “At first, my character was going to be ghostlike and albino. And then I thought it would be stronger to shave my head. I called George [Miller] and told him my plan. He went silent, which I thought was a good sign. So I borrowed some clippers and buzzed it all off…. yes, it was really fun to shower with my bald head. You have not showered until you’ve showered hairless. That’s all I have to say.”

Her dogs and her son:
    “They’re all my children. I know people get weirded out when people talk that way about their animals, but love is love and care is care, and just because one needs a diaper and the other does not doesn’t mean you don’t have a deep feeling for them. The loss of some of my dogs has been just as devastating as the loss of a family member.”

Judgy about aging:
    “I do know that choosing to be a mom in my late 30s has been really great for me. It’s given me perspective… I think, like many women, I was judgmental toward women as they aged. Women, in our society, are compartmentalized so that we start to feel like we’re cut flowers and after a while we will wilt. I realize now that’s not the case—we can celebrate every age. That’s my encouragement to 20-year-olds who are terrified of getting older: Don’t have a nervous breakdown and don’t hit the Chardonnay too hard. Getting older is not that bad.”

[From W Magazine]

Cele|bitchy | Charlize Theron on her son & her dogs: ‘They’re all my children, love is love’

She still fucks Sean Penn
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    She still fucks Sean Penn
    stupidly, she does
    holly likes this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yeah, the Sean Penn thing is a bummer.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

20 year olds are terrified of getting older? I don't think the thought even occurred to me then. In my 30's it occurred to me. In my mid-40's, I'm terrified. I've found myself contemplating how many years I might have left until death! What will happen to me in my 50's?

(maybe she means 20 year olds are terrified of looking older?, like the ones that do Botox?)

And I also find myself cutting her a break with Sean Penn and everything else because she was so good in Arrested Development that I still believe she's an MRF.
    nwgirl likes this.

Elite Member

I refuse to believe she bangs Sean Penn. Complete denial.

As much as I like her, this statement: "Don’t have a nervous breakdown and don’t hit the Chardonnay too hard. Getting older is not that bad.” It's easy to say that when someone looks like her.

I still wanna be her. Minus Sean Penn, of course.
    Just Kill Me and stella blue like this.

I just don't get why she's so popular.
    ChemicalHelena and dexter7 like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

I love my pets, and I have grieved when I lost them, but I can't wrap my head around the idea of loving my pets as much as my family. They are family, but in a different way. There would be no comparison of losing one of my children or husband v one of my pets.

Silver Member

As odd as it may sound to you, Tulip, I have sometimes felt the loss of a dog more than a human family member. I am sure there are many who feel like me. Unconditional love and all. I get where Charlize is coming from. Peace to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I love my pets, and I have grieved when I lost them, but I can't wrap my head around the idea of loving my pets as much as my family. They are family, but in a different way. There would be no comparison of losing one of my children or husband v one of my pets.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I tried to say this a few times but it kept coming out wrong. Thanks for saying it better.
    tulip, mostroop and Clubber Lang like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by pwry View Post
    As odd as it may sound to you, Tulip, I have sometimes felt the loss of a dog more than a human family member. I am sure there are many who feel like me. Unconditional love and all. I get where Charlize is coming from. Peace to you.
    She was comparing her dogs to her child. Before I had children, my pets were my children, but once I had my own baby, the pets weren't on the same level as my kids. Not that I don't love them. I do, but they are not the same for me. I don't know how I would survive the loss of one of my children. One of my dogs or cat? Very, very sad. There would be grieving, but it would not be the same. I understand the very deep love people have for their pets, and I get some people are closer to their pets than some family members, but comparing a human child to a pet and saying you love them the same? That is a hard concept for me to understand.
    joebob, yanna, mostroop and 2 others like this.

Sounds like she has lots of love to give to everyone in her life. Can't see anything wrong with that.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^ Except Sean Penn? If you give an interview about how much you love your son and your dogs then there seems to be a glaring omission.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Charlize and Keanu 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1eleve nty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Heh, Sean and Madge 4 Ever!!!!! Let's do the time warp again!!!!!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information