Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Tracy Anderson Says Being 'Hot Is Not Defined by Height or Weight'

Default Tracy Anderson Says Being 'Hot Is Not Defined by Height or Weight'

The fad that’s hurting women:
    “One hundred percent: It’s called celebrity. We should love their work. But to blow up their importance to the level of obsession takes away from our own beauty and our own gifts. There’s a disease here—the disease is vanity, insecurity and the lengths of unhealthy behaviors people go to to achieve what they think is beautiful. The disease of ‘I’m not worth anything unless I look like that person over there.’”

The change in women’s bodies:
    “I think it’s changing, and that excites me. You take a Kim Kardashian, who is a curvaceous, voluptuous, petite woman—and she’s on the cover of Vogue! I like that. I think that’s progress. Lena Dunham, who is a buddy of mine, is on the cover selling magazines with her
    beauty and her light.”

She’s not all about giving women the same body:
    “I want to get away from ‘Tracy Anderson is going to make you teeny-tiny.’ I’m not trying to make everyone the same. To me, ‘hot’ is not defined by a height or weight or measurement; hot is going to the root of who you are.”

Cookies with icing:
    “It involves Gwyneth. I was so good at designing bodies, including my own, that I could eat a pizza and a tub of ice cream every day and you wouldn’t see it; it was like a free card to eat whatever I wanted. And I was in London, dunking cookies in frosting. And she looked at me and was like, ‘What are you doing?’ And I was like, ‘What do you mean? It’s so good!’ And she’s like, ‘Do you know how toxic that is?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ And she’s like, ‘And you’re still eating it.’ I was like, ‘You know what? She’s so right.’ That was almost nine years ago. That was the last cookie dunked in frosting I ever had.”

Creating her method:
    “… It was very apparent to me that being a ballerina wasn’t going to happen. But I’ve always been, like, ‘Welp, there’s a different purpose for me. There is something else I’m supposed to be doing.’ Then at 21, I gained 60 pounds while pregnant with my son, and that’s when I started creating my method.”

She really hates juice cleanses: “Anybody is going to lose weight if they drink liquid all day long. That’s like lunchtime liposuction or freezing the fat cells off. You don’t own that change. The weight is coming back.”

[From Health]

Cele|bitchy | Tracy Anderson on the ‚€˜fad‚€™ hurting women: ‚€˜The disease is vanity, insecurity‚€™

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

The change in women’s bodies:
    “I think it’s changing, and that excites me. You take a Kim Kardashian, who is a curvaceous, voluptuous, petite woman—and she’s on the cover of Vogue! I like that.

Right, because distorting your body and face with fake boobs, fake ass, fake hair, fake lips, fake nose, and fillers out the wazoo is such a step forward for womankind.

She like really like has a way with like words. And it's hilarious that she's talking about how "celebrity" is causing women to be insecure when Ms Bulimia Cheeks herself was the main proponent of working out until you're a size 0 and foisting all these skinny bitches on us as the epitome of "healthy".
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

uhuh. nice backpedalling there, tracy. and nice backhanded compliment to lena dunham.
    dexter7 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She needed Gwyneth Paltrow to tell her that a cookie dunked in frosting isn't good for her?
    ChloroformCasey and rollo like this.

My God, the cognitive dissonance is astounding. That, right there, is a very special variety of WTF.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

In the immortal words of Kim Richards, "GO EAT!"

Her head is fucking huge on that body. It's freakish.
    Clubber Lang and lucianodel like this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Cookies with icing: “It involves Gwyneth. ... And she looked at me and was like, ‘What are you doing?’ And I was like, ‘What do you mean? It’s so good!’ And she’s like, ‘Do you know how toxic that is?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ And she’s like, ‘And you’re still eating it.’ I was like, ‘You know what? She’s so right.’ That was almost nine years ago. That was the last cookie dunked in frosting I ever had.”
    So if anyone is wondering whether Gwyneth has always been so obnoxious, the confirmed answer is yes.

How the fuck would she know.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    So if anyone is wondering whether Gwyneth has always been so obnoxious, the confirmed answer is yes.
    Interesting fact - over 50% of the EPA Superfund Cleanup Sites involve cookies dunked in frosting.

Source: The US Environmental Paltrowection Agency 2014 Annual Report to Congress.

Her first answer is true, even if it's hypocritical coming from her to some extent
    Novice likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Her face kinda reminds me of Debbie Gibson, with a little bit of Elizabeth Daily thrown in.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Interesting fact - over 50% of the EPA Superfund Cleanup Sites involve cookies dunked in frosting.

Source: The US Environmental Paltrowection Agency 2014 Annual Report to Congress.
    Mr. Mo - I know longer accept your witty quips unaccompanied by a pie chart. It's your calling card man! Own it!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Bitch please.... Don't even talk about how 'excited' you are to see bodies that resemble people doing anything but what you have your clients doing. If I was an actress and wanted to play the role of a concentration camp victim, or wanted to see what it was like to have osteoporosis at half the age it normally occurs, I'd go to you.
    ChloroformCasey and Kittylady like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information