Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Alyssa Milano calls out Heathrow airport for confiscating her breast milk

Default Alyssa Milano calls out Heathrow airport for confiscating her breast milk

KEVIN WINTER/GETTY

Alyssa Milano is continuing to speak out about bottles of her breastmilk that were confiscated at the Heathrow Airport in London.
    “I realize there are much larger issues going on in the world. And I don’t want to turn this into a bigger issue than it is but I will say this … breastfeeding my children has been one of the greatest joys of my life,” she tells PEOPLE in a statement.
    “Every ounce of milk I’m able to produce for my child is nothing short of a miracle and to watch that milk be thrown away without any regard for my baby, was heartbreaking. It’s not the fault of the security in the airport; they’re following orders to keep us all safe. But I do I feel it is a policy that needs thoughtful reconsideration. I’m glad this has started a dialogue. My only hope is to make things easier for moms, breastfeeding and formula feeding moms, everywhere.”
    The actress first called media attention to the issue when she posted several Tweets about it on Thursday, including one where she wrote,”Why can you test my toiletries to make sure they are safe but you have to throw away my breast milk?”

Milano is mom to daughter Elizabella Dylan, 7 months, and son Milo Thomas, 3½.

Anna Paquin ✔ @AnnaPaquin

Follow

@Alyssa_Milano not every mum can breast feed w ease/at all. throwing yours away? ignorant, unacceptable, sexist #realityofbeingaworkingmum

Anna Paquin @AnnaPaquin
    Follow

.@sandersonspr @jenenome @Alyssa_Milano as a NICU mum who was only ever able to feed through pumping it literally hurts my heart.

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2015/04/09/alyssa-milano-breastmilk-is-nothing-short-of-a-miracle/

“Every ounce of milk I’m able to produce for my child is nothing short of a miracle and to watch that milk be thrown away without any regard for my baby, was heartbreaking.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It is ridiculous that they throw out milk. But she does sound a little over the top here.
    arie_skop and holly like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I just fed my kid directly from the source on the plane, which is a whole different argument
    spinmonkey, SHELLEE, rollo and 3 others like this.

She's got a point but I'll be the bitch to say it: The youngest kid is 3 1/2 years old and she's still breast feeding??
    arie_skop, A*O, Tiny Pixie and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    She's got a point but I'll be the bitch to say it: The youngest kid is 3 1/2 years old and she's still breast feeding??
    I think that's her first son, Milo. Her second child, Elizabella (Twitchy, please note) was born in September 2014, which would put her at about 7 months.

She had another one in September.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

She is annoying:

Alyssa MilanoVerified account@Alyssa_Milano

Pumping on a plane is difficult. Small FYI.

(1 of 2) @HeathrowAirport just took my pumped breast milk away. 10 ounces. Gone. Not okay.

(2 of 2) They said they would let the pumped milk through if I had the baby with me. Why would I need to pump if I had the baby with me????

Heathrow AirportVerified account@HeathrowAirport
    @Alyssa_Milano Hi Alyssa. Unfortunately, without a baby present, the government requires all liquids in carry-ons to follow the 100ml rule.

.@HeathrowAirport Why can you test my toiletries to make sure they are safe but you have to throw away my breast milk?

.@HeathrowAirport I was told I would be fine if the baby was with me. Plus, it was less than 5 ounces per container. Why is my shampoo okay?

PS. Another reason it makes no sense - when I got past security it was time to pump again so... I did carry on 5 ounces of breast milk.

@Alyssa_Milano Sorry for any confusion caused. To confirm, if you aren't travelling with your baby, milk is subject to the 100ml/(3.4oz) 1/2

@Alyssa_Milano liquid restriction. If you need further info this, I would encourage you to visit their website- http://bit.ly/1aNkYw9 2/2

She pumped her breast milk on a plane? That's impressive. I pumped for my kids, and I can't imagine doing that discreetly. Not to mention I was klutzy about it and made a mess.

If she is at LHR, she's obviously getting on a plane, I think that the "pumping on a plane" comment is just that & not that she pumped; as if she was changing planes she would already be through security.
    plus the comment about pumping after going through security is just stupid IMO.

AM needs to just stop. Just because she thinks that she is a celebrity she isn't subject to the real world.
    i've seen this before with actresses importing American baby milk (that doesn't comply to EU food safety rules) & then there is a MAJOR panic by their "people" when (quite rightly) it is refused entry. *sigh*

Conclusion. AM is a dick.
    BelledeJour likes this.
    Free Charmed.

A*O

It's got nothing to do with breast milk. It's about the ridiculous rules about +80ml liquids, any liquids, and the quarantine/bio imports rules. Note to breastfeeding über moms, it's not all about your awesome tits bitches.
    Novice, BoogsBun and sputnik like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

lol! From the woman living in a country that checks there is no dirt on the soles of your boots!

ETA- I (now) work in a similar area & the stuff that people try to bring in is ridiculous. There are food additives that the US condone that even china haven banned. Plus 15 tons is NOT personal use (IMHO).
    Free Charmed.

A*O

That's different. Obviously.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Which bit?

I'd love to hear from the breastfeedingpumpingmafia if a terrorist took explosives onboard in breast milk/baby feeding container. I mean seriously, we all know that the liquid limit is a knee-jerk reaction, but it's there & has been for some time. One has a choice:- comply, fly private, have your stuff binned @ security, make a (Twitter)-scene while the rest of the world thinks you're a dick....
    Free Charmed.

Heathrow is shit show. I'm on her side.
    Linne, Belt Up, Beeyotch and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information