Thread: Twisted Sister to break up after farewell tour

Default Twisted Sister to break up after farewell tour

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/07/twiste...farewell-tour/

very admirable that they are calling it quits after the death of their friend and drummer.

Twisted Sister

We Wanna Rock ... One Last Time

Done After 40 Years

Twisted Sister not gonna take it anymore -- after one last tour the hair metal heroes will unplug their amps in 2016 ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for the band tells us Dee Snider and the boys made the decision last month to call it quits -- just one week before drummer A.J. Pero died from a heart attack.

The band's 2016 tour will be called "Forty and F**k It" -- but before that we're told they'll be honoring A.J. with two tribute shows in the next few months.

The farewell tour will feature the core lineup of Dee, Jay Jay French, Mark Mendoza, and Eddie Ojeda ... plus Mike Portnoy (from Adrenaline Mob) will handle the drumming.

You can't stop rock n' roll. Unless the band members are in their 60s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

They haven't broken up yet?
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I hope they come close to me. I'd like to see them.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Nnnnooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sobbing as I drag out Pee Wee's Big Adventure*
    Drive-by poster

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    They haven't broken up yet?
    They broke up in 1987 and did a few side projects.

They reunited in 2001 at the New York Steel show to honor 9/11 and have been in high demand ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Elite Member

WARNING ..*Epic video incoming* ..

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    They broke up in 1987 and did a few side projects.

They reunited in 2001 at the New York Steel show to honor 9/11 and have been in high demand ever since.
    Interesting, thank you.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Aw, man. Their albums were on constant rotation in my younger years.

Elite Member

Default Twisted Sister Drummer AJ Pero Dies at 55

Twisted Sister Drummer AJ Pero Dies at 55

Twisted Sister Drummer AJ Pero Dies at 55 - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Twisted Sister | Photo Credits: Corbis

By TV Guide.

AJ Pero, best known as the drummer for Twisted Sister, died Friday of an apparent heart attack, the AP reports. He was 55.

Anthony Jude Pero was on tour with the band Adrenaline Mob when members of the band were unable to rouse him on Friday morning. He was taken to a hospital in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., where he was declared dead.

The band posted an official statement on the Twisted Sister Facebook page. "The members of Twisted Sister are profoundly saddened to announce the untimely passing of our brother, AJ Pero," read the statement. "The band, crew and most importantly the family of AJ Pero thank you for your thoughts and prayers at this time.""His drive was the heart and soul of the band's sound, the engine that drove us," said guitarist Jay Jay French. "We lost a friend and a legend."

Frontman Dee Snider called Pero "the final piece in a band that would become an international sensation and one of the greatest live rock acts to ever hit the stage."

"His sledgehammer assault on the drums helped drive Twisted Sister and I to greatness, and inspired me to rock every single show," Snider said. "My heart breaks knowing I will never feel the power of his beat behind me, or turn to see his face smiling broadly from the sheer joy he got from doing what he loved."

Pero joined Twisted Sister in 1982 but left in 1986. He returned in 1997 and performed on every album except "Love Is for Suckers.

*RIP AJ Pero*.

Thread Information