Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Christie Brinkley hospitalized after incident with a bird

Elite Member

Default Christie Brinkley hospitalized after incident with a bird

http://www.wonderwall.com/entertainment/christie-brinkley-hospitalized-after-incident-with-a-bird-1866185.story

Wonderwall
    , Monday, April 6, 2015, 3:16pm (PDT) By Mark Gray

Ouch! Christie Brinkley was supposed to be enjoying a vacation in Key West's Parrot Bay Resort. Instead, she ended up in a Miami hospital after trying to save a bird.
    The supermodel posted a collage of photos that showed her nursing a black eye and stitches, clearly banged up from the incident. Christie didn't elaborate on exactly how she went from saving a bird to a hospital bed.

Christie attempted to explain her situation in a lengthy caption on Instagram, saying, "We interrupt this holiday to take a little unplanned excursion to Miami for cat scans and stitches following an accident trying to save a bird."

Photo: @christiebrinkley/Instagram

She continued, "My grateful heartfelt thanks go out to our wonderful Parrot Cay Family who got me to the boat and plane, and my friends in Miami who found my A Team at University of Miami Hospital led by Dr Askari and his professional caring and adorable team and to my bestie @artminster who spent her much needed and deserved holiday by my bedside .. I can't possibly thank you enough and I offer you a pain check .. I mean rain check! Lol! @artminster #grateful #thankful #itcouldhavebeenworse! #uneven know #liveachday."

Prior to her hospitalization, Christie posted several photos to her Instagram account of her tranquil vacation in the Caribbean.
    Last edited by *Wookie-Chick*; April 8th, 2015 at 09:23 AM.

I am so far from being a super model and I would freak the fuck out if something happened to my face. I can only imagine how much she must have been freaking.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

A bird you say...
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Was it David Crosby?

I'd be interested in the story. We have aggressive gulls but they go for the taco or burger in your hand, they don't give shiners.
    Drive-by poster

A*O

Australian magpies are aggressive fuckers which will "swoop" and injure people who they perceive to be a threat, especially during breeding season. They go for the head and eyes so birds can cause this kind of damage.

I'm more concerned about vain twats taking pouting hospital selfies.
    Flygirl likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A duck bit my little brother on the knee when we ran out of the Cheetos we were feeding them. Nasty cut.

This story reminds me of that time Fabio got hit in the face by a bird while riding a roller coaster.

It also makes me sad because Christie Brinkley at 60 years old and in the hospital still takes a better snapshot than I ever will in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmonkey View Post
    I'd be interested in the story. We have aggressive gulls but they go for the taco or burger in your hand, they don't give shiners.
    Yeah, here it's french fries at one particular joint where the gulls stake out the place from the roof and wait for people to buy fries. Once you buy your fries and start walking away, they swoop down in droves flapping their wings aggressively all around you until you drop it and then it's a free-for-all on the fries.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Elite Member

When I was a kid I tried to pick up a gosling... Needless to say the mama goose flew at me like a bat out of hell and had me by the back of my shirt for a good ten seconds. I learned my lesson.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I was badly pecked by a crow when I was around 3 or 4. I was feeding stale bread to ducks and it swooped down and pecked the shit out of my hand stealing the bread. I still have one small red mark from it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's a good thing the bird pecked her above her eye. If he pecked her cheek all that Radiesse would have oozed out the hole. Given the amount of Radiesse present, it could've easily been considered a toxic spill and required EPA cleanup.

Get well soon, Christie!
    Belt Up, missbazilb, Brah and 7 others like this.

She should call Fabio...remember when it happened to him?
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

We have some particularly aggressive Canadian geese that stand outside of my gym and attack people as they try to walk in. The gym has signs posted apologizing for not moving them and saying there is some avian law that protects them.

On a side note, I'm not sure I buy what she's selling.

^ lol, that reminded me of when I temped at an office complex where there were a bunch of marshes and geese around. One day I got take-out for lunch and when I came back a couple of them chased me all the way to the office door, I thought they were going to grab the bag right out of my hand.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Swans are the worst.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information