Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Madonna: ‘We still live in a very sexist society that wants to limit people’

Default Madonna: ‘We still live in a very sexist society that wants to limit people’

On longevity in her career:
    “Popularity comes and goes. You need to know who you are, what you stand for, and why you’re here.”

On sexuality and ageism:
    “Don’t be fooled, not much has changed – certainly not for women. We still live in a very sexist society that wants to limit people. Since I started, I’ve had people giving me a hard time because they didn’t think you could be sexual or have sexuality or sensuality in your work and be intelligent at the same time. For me, the fight has never ended.”

On collaborating with Kanye West on her album Rebel Heart:
    “It’s a little bit of a bullfight, but we take turns. He knows that he’s walking into a room with a person with a strong point of view, and I do too. I listen to what he has to say, take it in, and he listens to what I say and takes it in. We didn’t agree on everything, but he has good ideas.”

On internet haters:
    “You can hide behind your computer or your phone and say whatever you want – you’re not known. Could you say it to my face? Would you say it to my face? I doubt it.”

[From Cosmopolitan]

Cele|bitchy | Madonna: ‘We still live in a very sexist society that wants to limit people’

Take me seriously! I'm smart dammit!

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Elite Member

Sigh. She needs to stop pretending that dressing in lingerie every day is a fight against sexism, and start admitting that really she is insanely insecure about growing older as a sex symbol.
    Madonna- you would be beautiful and powerful and sexy dressing and acting like a mature woman, not like Britney Spears during her "Baby One More Time" era. Your narcissism has finally taken over your business sense and now you look a fool. Trust and believe, I would say all of this to your face
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    Sigh. She needs to stop pretending that dressing in lingerie every day is a fight against sexism, and start admitting that really she is insanely insecure about growing older as a sex symbol.
    Madonna- you would be beautiful and powerful and sexy dressing and acting like a mature woman, not like Britney Spears during her "Baby One More Time" era. Your narcissism has finally taken over your business sense and now you look a fool. Trust and believe, I would say all of this to your face
    Bravo! I would too. But she'd probably punch us....

'Course then we could sue. Hmmm.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Sigh...she's like one of those pesky fly infested zombies that keep coming at you even after you've whacked them forty times. Exhausting.
    Drive-by poster

She's so full of shit.

Her place in the world which she has created for herself, is to make money from selling her sexuality. Unfortunately her commodity has gone past its sell by date and people are not buying. Consumers have a choice about how they spend their money, and if they are not dumping dollars into her financialized pussy she assumes it is some kind of bigotry. Or sexism or agism.

Fact is, she's selling a product nobody wants to buy.

Can someone please telegraph this message to her so that she will shut up and go away?

--

Dear Madonna:
    No one cares about your pussy or your tits. People will not give you money to see them. This is how business works, and you should have a final a going-out-of-business fire sale. And then go on permanent vacation, you can afford it.

It's over.

Thanks for reading,
    The Entire World

Oh I would say it to your face Madonna. Yes indeed I would if I ever got the chance. That's how fans are lost, babe. And stop fooling yourself. Us "plebes" get it. You are still a desperate, desperate, desperate, desperate, pathetic creatures so thanks for the entertainment!
    BITTER likes this.

She is boring and lame. And pathetic, with her finger sucking and come hither looks and centerfold lingerie posing. And Cosmo is about as sexist as it gets with their constant "how to keep him happy" crap.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Take me seriously! I'm smart dammit!
    except you just kind of proved her point by implying that if a woman shows her ass, she can't possibly be smart or worth taking seriously...
    Janus and stella blue like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It is true. But she acts like an ass while she shows her ass. She can't figure out any other way to be heard. No one takes men seriously who act like this either.
    rollo, Angeli and Bellatheball like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

If she stood up to Kanye (like they didn't do their tracks remotely) I hope Cim was paying attention.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

"hi, i'm madonna, i'm not a 56 year old entertainer and classy lady who has had a career that spanned over 4 decades, i'm not a mother of children, i'm not a businesswoman.

i'm a sexy little co-ed in a tight sweater, look at my shorts, i still get my period, do you wanna touch my fertile vagina? lets make babies. oooh i'm so innocent yet a bad girl on this trashy chair!!! watch me suck my fingers like i'll suck your d**k. "

cute top though.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    except you just kind of proved her point by implying that if a woman shows her ass, she can't possibly be smart or worth taking seriously...
    It's a double edged sword, really. I don't think a +50 yo man would be taken serioulsly, if he went around showing his ass pretending to be 25. On the other hand, men don't have to use their sexuality to be noticed in the first place.

the spiked heel on those boots look so uncomfortable.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

She could try making quality music. There's no expiration date on that.

*crickets*

"Financialized pussy"--that's a fantastic phrase, Azoria.
    ikmccall likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information