Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Stanley Tucci opens up on his second marriage: 'You always feel guilty'

Default Stanley Tucci opens up on his second marriage: 'You always feel guilty'

In 2009, Stanley Tucci lost his wife of 14 years, Kathryn, to breast cancer. He moved on in 2010 when he met Felicity Blunt, the sister of his The Devil Wears Prada co-star Emily Blunt, but the actor has admitted that Kathryn's death still affects his second marriage.
    "It was very hard to go on vacations at first, really hard to go with Felicity someplace," he told the Times.
    "I felt guilty. It’s horrible. You always feel guilty."

Stanley Tucci and Felicity Blunt in 2014

Stanley now lives in the suburbs of London with Felicity, his three teenage children and new-born son Matteo, but he added of the potential jealousy in the relationship, saying: "There are photographs (of Kathryn) around at home.

"Not that many, but I would have difficulty. And especially when we first met it was only two years after Kate died. So…"
    Stanley and Felicity, a literary agent, met in 2010 at the wedding of Emily and John Krasinski. The pair hit it off, and became engaged in 2011 during a holiday to Berlin, Germany.
    "I panicked instantly afterwards," he admitted.

The Hunger Games actor Stanley and Felicity exchanged vows in a private ceremony in 2012, but decided to celebrate their marriage with a group of friends a few weeks later.

Acting as best man was Boardwalk Empire star Steve Buscemi and bridesmaids included Emily, her youngest sister Suzie and friend Amy Dixon. Celebrity guests included Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Ewan McGregor,and Colin Firth.
    Two years later they welcomed baby Matteo, with Stanley saying at the time of the announcement: "I'm very excited to be a dad. It's incredible.
    "I'm most excited to have a baby with Felicity and for the baby to be healthy."
    Asked what sort of mother he thought Felicity would be, he sweetly replied, "A great one!"

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2015040224418/stanley-tucci-admits-guilt-over-second-marriage/

good for him. i love Stanley Tucci.

my dad said the same thing. After my mom died, he felt guilty doing anything. They did everything together.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Poor guy, I'm glad he seems to be working through it. Amazing to find a loyal man in Hollywood.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Uh,he had an affair with and left his wife for Edie Falco.He eventually went back to the wife but the affair was totally public.Did everyone conveniently forget this?

He cheated on his first wife with Edie falco, not so loyal. Some of his guilt probably stems from that.

Eta-Politesse beat me to it
    politesse and BITTER like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

that's what i was thinking ....

eta: @politesse

I never knew that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

People do leave their spouses and go back, though. Maybe a temporary lapse in sanity or something.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    People do leave their spouses and go back, though. Maybe a temporary lapse in sanity or something.
    I think he went back when she got sick. The affair with Falco was very public. Changed my opinion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Sometimes they go back when they find out how much it's going to cost them to leave.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Damn, he went from sweet guy to scumbag in 3 posts. That might be a record.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Damn, he went from sweet guy to scumbag in 3 posts. That might be a record.
    It comes up every time Tucci is the subject of a a thread. It sounds like his wife forgave him and Falco did, too:

"We were together and then we broke up," was Falco's terse comment on the matter. "He's a lovely man, and he's back with his wife and kids, and I'm thrilled."
    Bluebonnet likes this.

That sounds more like a classy way to say something because you been asked and don't want to badmouth, not forgiveness. YMMV.

My father told me never to forgive a cheater because while maybe you could forgive them, you cant forget and in the innermost part of your soul you could never trust them again. And most importantly they'll never respect you for taking them back. Again, YMMV.
    Alysheba, greysfang, sluce and 1 others like this.

I think the usual classy way to dismiss something you've been asked and don't want to badmouth is to just say that you are not going to comment on it. But like you said, YMMV. I've commented very negatively about cheating here in the past, but in this situation, you have the cheater being accepted back by the wronged spouse until their dying day, and the person who was with the cheater commenting positively on them. It's a pretty atypical situation.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Yeah, I think his wife found out she was very sick and didn't want to do it alone. I understand that as a human being.

I don't judge cheaters or the cheated on for staying. I've known and cared for many on both sides of the coin and I'm not the morality police. People are flawed. But I know myself, and what I could live with.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; April 6th, 2015 at 11:51 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information