Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: It Costs $600 to Say Hello to George and Amal Clooney in Lake Como

Default It Costs $600 to Say Hello to George and Amal Clooney in Lake Como

It Costs $600 to Say Hello to George and Amal Clooney in Lake Como

It's a warm summer night and you're sitting outside La Locanda del Cantiere enjoying a nice Brunello when suddenly you see George and Amal Clooney step out onto their terrace to enjoy a lakeside aperitif. "Hullo George! Evening Amal," you call out, for you are nothing if not a friendly expat. Well sir, you just talked yourself into a $600 fine.

According to reports, the Lake Como town of Laglio just outlawed approaching Clooney, Amal, and their friends at and around their villas, as well as physically trespassing on the land when they're not home. Brief, accidental eye contact is presumably still acceptable, but one is advised to consult an attorney (not Amal) before attempting.

The temporary ban is reportedly centered around Clooney's 53rd birthday party, which will take place at his Villa Oleander and the adjoining Villa Margherita. While obviously aimed at paparazzi, the VIP regulation also blocks parking and boating around the area.

The mayor then two days ago in Montecatini Terme bans parking areas adjacent villas, those of navigation, as well as the stop of the boats within 100 meters from the coast. Obviously those who break the rules, risk a fine of 50 to 500 Euros.

The edict was apparently set by the town's mayor, Roberto Pozzi, who quite frankly has nurtured a bit of an unhealthy interest in Clooney's life for some time now. It is still unclear if he will be in attendance at the blessed event, though agreeing to impose a formal fine isn't the worst way to score an invite.

[image via AP]

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Would the fine be the same if I yelled out, "How are you and your grandson doing this fine day?"

Elite Member

Maybe these two should buy a rocket and be some of the first to inhabit Mars, this will ensure they don't have to be bothered by any commoners, save the passing martian.
    Brookie, Mivvi21 and Bluebonnet like this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I wish I lived the kind of life where people are fined for talking to me. I've obviously failed in life.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

This is ridiculous. Not trespassing is fair enough.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Did i tell you when i visited Como all the gossip around George?First of all the boats doing the lake.s public transport have changed their route so they wont come close to the villa,then there are barriers in the water stoping all crafts getting near,there is also a road block to his place.Villagers are happy with all this because their place was never touristy or a thing of beauty so no tourists around doesnt bother them.So you can only see the villa on the shore from afar and it looks gray and depressing..nothing to get excited about.I dont doubt it looks different at a closer distance.At Como the town George is very well liked,people respect him and are very protective of him.They are sure he likes them too.Of course all this info was before Anal came ...dont know how it is now.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Syd

"the VIP regulation also blocks parking and boating around the area" - Fuck THAT!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Did i tell you when i visited Como all the gossip around George?First of all the boats doing the lake.s public transport have changed their route so they wont come close to the villa,then there are barriers in the water stoping all crafts getting near,there is also a road block to his place.Villagers are happy with all this because their place was never touristy or a thing of beauty so no tourists around doesnt bother them.So you can only see the villa on the shore from afar and it looks gray and depressing..nothing to get excited about.I dont doubt it looks different at a closer distance.At Como the town George is very well liked,people respect him and are very protective of him.They are sure he likes them too.Of course all this info was before Anal came ...dont know how it is now.
    Effie's description explains it nicely. Of course they come off as arrogant, but these rules are also to protect the other homeowners too. I doubt any one on GR woul dbe too happy if a celeb moved in your neighborhood and your quality of life suffered because of tourist and paparazzi.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

There are many celebs living around me here,the new famous Minister Varoufakis included..the attitude of the people in here is really cool though..they basically dont give a damn about celebs and shit.
    Italians dont care either,most Euros in fact have a very cool approach to famous people.AS they told me,it was mainly boats of screaming Americans circling the villa like sharks,taking pictures and ready to invade.(their worlds,not mine)
    sluce likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I have no doubt crazy Americans would give little thought to the lives of the others who have lived there peacefully for years. It's sad.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

That's why when I leave the states I tell everyone I'm Canadian.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

No Way! I say I'm Canadian too, and that my name is Twitchy.
    Kittylady, mostroop and msdeb like this.

czb

i tell them i'm from NY and my name is Witch. then they laugh at my jeans and fanny pack!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    That's why when I leave the states I tell everyone I'm Canadian.
    REALLY???? I heard about something like this when Americans travel overseas & people ask them where they are from. The dumb yanks always say Canadian.

Maybe it's got something to do with the whole "dumb yanks" prejudice thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information