Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Jessica Simpson looks to triple her profits by merging with Sequential Brands Group

Default Jessica Simpson looks to triple her profits by merging with Sequential Brands Group

Jessica Simpson expanding her business empire

Published April 05, 2015FoxNews.com

November 21, 2014. Jessica Simpson poses at the premiere of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" in Los Angeles, California. (Reuters)

Jessica Simpsonís empire is hoping to get a whole lot bigger. After building her fashion and lifestyle company into a $1billion empire, the singer is looking to triple her profits by merging with Sequential Brands Group Inc, reports Rob Shuter of naughtygossip.com.

"I am extremely honored to partner with Sequential Brands Group to continue the growth and integrity of the Jessica Simpson Collection," the 34-year-old said in a statement to Womenís Wear Daily about the new partnership.
    "Working together with the powerful management team at Sequential and with all of our trusted retailers and licensees, including Camuto Group, there is no limit to our success. I'm as committed as I was 10 years ago. Here's to the next billion."

The move comes after designer Vince Camuto who worked closely with Simpson died earlier this year in January. He was the catalyst to expanding the former reality starís brand to a fashion, footwear, apparel, perfume and home line.

The new deal is expected to close in the next 90 days and has been completed for an undisclosed amount of cash and stock.

Jessica Simpson expanding her business empire | Fox News
    Free Charmed.

I like her. Then I feel stupid and vaguely ashamed of liking her which makes me feel irritated and stupid for wasting time worrying about my reaction to someone who has no impact on my life. (Rolls eyes)

Elite Member

Jessica targeted such a great market - normal everyday people - and it has worked so well for her.

And she could see that we come in all shapes and sizes and she has tried her best to cater for that.

i was just having a look at some of her range and she has some lovely items there.. yes some of the prices are a bit steep on some of the fancier dresses (well, for my broke-ass.. haha) .. but overall she has done really well.

Kanye West should really come back down to earth with his clothing lines and target the 'everyday guys' market especially in casual and also business and officewear.

Yes he is a bit of a nutbag but he has a 'coolness' and 'attitude' about him, that could work really well in a normal stylish, modern menswear line.

Mr West, please stay away from the overpriced moth eaten look .. that your last collection was full of.

Just my humble opinion, okay.

Kanye West wants to be artistic & cutting edge whereas JS aimed for the original market that she appealed to, and then expanded on that base. She also had the good sense/good financial advice to hook up with Mr Nine West (Vince Camuto) for her shoes.
    Free Charmed.

I have a bit of a soft spot for her. I've seen her fashion line in stores and I don't hate the looks mostly. I don't own any of her stuff because of the materials she uses and I'm an unapologetic materials snob (just call me Fishsticks).
    sluce and darksithbunny like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah, she seems like a nice kid. She doesn't bother me at all.
    Novice and sluce like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Does she still brush her teeth with her shirt?
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Did she really say "Here's to the next billion?"
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Why not? Pretty common to say something along those lines in business related communications. No one ever says "Here's to going Chapter 11"
    czb, Novice, sluce and 3 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Elite Member

Lol. I remember that episode. I have to admire anyone who works hard to build themselves a billion $$$ business. I just hope the stress of expanding her empire doesn't play more into her xanax/alcohol/whatever problem.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Why not? Pretty common to say something along those lines in business related communications. No one ever says "Here's to going Chapter 11"
    LOL. It might be called bragging over here. But still, good luck to her. I don't dislike her bags and shoes. I can't warm to her creepy husband much.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Its not her $1 billion, it's the company's earnings.*

I know things are slightly different on the continent, but businesses are all trying to make money.

*If it were hers it would be different, and tasteless.

I actually bought a Jessica Simpson dress and didn't even realise. Someone in San Diego walked past me and went "great dress", so as far as I'm aware I'm alright with her line.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Do we actually believe she has a real head for business and design? I think she's just the figurehead like the Krapdashians. Rumor has it old Jess is hooked on Adderall and that's how she lost all that weight so fast and why she's acting crazy in interviews.

She just licenses her name. But it was a very lucrative deal for her because the company she licensed it to knows what they're doing. A licensee pays the licensor a percentage of total sales- say 20% for example, the more sales they make the higher that dollar amount goes.

She's as much of a 'designer' as any other celeb with a line, but she's more successful than most if not all. Her brand's price point is where the real money is, with the largest consumer base and markup.
    idunno, Novice, sluce and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information