Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Zayn Malik leaves One Direction

Gold Member

Default Zayn Malik leaves One Direction

One Direction: Zayn Malik Quits Band

On my IPad and for some reason it will only post the link, not the full article. Hopefully he will be happy and able to enjoy life.

I wonder if things are able to go back to somewhat normal after being in the spotlight.

I wonder if this is a publicity stunt? They are getting tons of press.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Who? I have boys and they are not into One Direction.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I wonder if this is a publicity stunt? They are getting tons of press.
    My daughter likes them, so I know a bit about this. No, I don't think it is. He's known as the sensitive one. Never seemed very comfortable with the hoopla. He's very close to his family.

These guys have been going non-stop for years. On the one hand, I get them going full force while they are popular, because we all know how fast the tide turns. On the other hand, you never can regain your youth.

Because my daughter likes them I have a soft spot for "the boys" -- they seem like decent guys. I hope they don't get all Bieber on us. They seem pretty down to earth even with all that has swirled around them.

I'm glad my daughter isn't a crazy fan…no vines of her crying over his departure
    sluce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post

These guys have been going non-stop for years. On the one hand, I get them going full force while they are popular, because we all know how fast the tide turns.

Like the older boy bands, we will no doubt see them in their 40's doing reunion tours and such.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Well I heard that he didn't quit.. He was fired. I'm on my phone but I'll try to dig the story up when I get home.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

He's what, 22? He's a good looking kid, with gobs of money. Maybe he really can't deal with the pressure. If so, good for him. Honestly, I can't imagine living like these guys. Constant touring, not a moment of privacy, never being able to walk out the door without people screaming at you and taking your picture. There is a huge downside to this kind of fame.

Of course, isn't he rumored to have some other issues? drugs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Well I heard that he didn't quit.. He was fired. I'm on my phone but I'll try to dig the story up when I get home.
    I also heard he was force to leave the band, here's the article:

Was Zayn Malik forced out of One Direction because of his partying?

Was Zayn Malik forced out of One Direction because of his partying?

DateMarch 27, 2015 - 11:06AM

National Music Editor

Ex-One Direction member Zayn Malik (left) accused of causing huge problems for the group over alcohol and drug use. Photo: Getty Images
    A claim has been made that One Direction escapee Zayn Malik was effectively forced out of the world's biggest boy band over his excessive partying.
    The claim, published by celebrity gossip site Radaronline, came from a lone "insider", more specifically, a "source connected to the upper management".
    It said: "Zayn's alcohol and drug use became a huge problem... Management ordered Zayn to take a break because there are concerns for his wellbeing... He chose not to get clean and that is when they parted ways."
    One Direction: (from left) Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan. Photo: AP
    If the claim has a shred of truth, it puts into perspective Malik's defence that he quit because he wanted "to be a normal 22-year-old".
    Advertisement
    Meanwhile, the first signs have emerged that the rest of the band, who are undoutbedly under enormous pressure too, intend to move on without Zayn.
    Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan have tweeted encouraging messages about the group's future, while reassuring distraught Zayn fans.
    Although One Direction is in the middle of a world tour, Tomlinson chose to throw forward to the band's new music, promising they will "work harder than ever to deliver the best album we've ever made for you guys". Horan's message was similar, but spoke more directly to the One Directioners heartbroken over Malik's departure, saying "you are the best fans in the world".
    The overwhelming emotional reaction continued on social media. On Twitter more than 5.5 million tweets mentioning Malik have been posted in the past 24 hours.
    Liam Payne also released a heartfelt statement, paying tribute to the unity Malik contributed to: "To a lot of people [we are] just a bunch of silly kids in a band but to [us] it means so much more. This last week has been some of the worst times, possibly the worst, it's something we are all deeply saddened by. It's sad to think for the time being we won't grace the stage as five bros or have the same fun on a tour bus or laughs in a hotel together that we have [had] over the years..."
    The only member not to have spoken publicly is Harry Styles, the most popular member and the one thought of as most likely to jump ship before Malik's exit. The events of the past two days no doubt make such a choice much, much more difficult.

Read more: Was Zayn Malik forced out of One Direction because of his partying?
    Sleuth likes this.

Thanks Arie! I heard it on the radio but it makes more sense that he was fired rather than quit. They are mid tour, it would not be so easy to break contract mid tour, so I tend to believe he was fired.
    arie_skop and llamamama like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

There's been rumours of substance abuse for some time so this isn't a surprise. What annoys me is that dickhead Louis Walsh (X-Factor judge) has thrown in his two pence and said it's probably down to Zane's girlfriend (Perrie somebody from some girl band) whispering in his ear. Way to go Louis! Just set a horde or crazy Stans on the girl...
    arie_skop and rollo like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

He was the only relatively hot one as well
    arie_skop, Belt Up and kasippu like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

*Points and laughs at the secret 1D'er*
    Honeythorn likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Thanks Arie! I heard it on the radio but it makes more sense that he was fired rather than quit. They are mid tour, it would not be so easy to break contract mid tour, so I tend to believe he was fired.
    Yes I believe he was fired as well. It was odd that a band member would just leave mid tour.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    He was the only relatively hot one as well
    what about Harry? lol

Anyway I dont listen to their music but did Zayn sing much in this band?

I did mention I would shag Zayn the other day. I'm clearly the kiss of death.

Harry is a dirty little guinea pig! I don't understand the hype with that one.
    Sleuth, Honeythorn, sluce and 2 others like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information