Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Celine Dion on her husband: ‘I am scared of losing him, because it’s bad’

Default Celine Dion on her husband: ‘I am scared of losing him, because it’s bad’

I had the chance to watch Celine Dion’s full interview with Good Morning America, in which she revealed that she’s returning to Vegas after months at homecaring for her husband. As we covered yesterday, Celine’s husband of over 20 years, René Angélil, 73, is unable to speak or eat following surgery for throat cancer. Celine revealed that he requires a feeding tube. I was so moved by Celine’s story, and the full interview just confirmed that. She’s always been such a sincere, classy person

During the interview, they showed Celine and René walking out on the stage in Vegas where she’s set to perform again in August. René moved gingerly and you could tell was having problems. In a new interview with People Magazine, Celine reveals that it was René’s idea for her to return to Vegas. People also says that René has lost much of his hearing due to radiation treatments for his cancer. It’s hard to read all she’s been through. Here’s some of what she told People:

Her outlook for the future

I always remember that saying when you get married: ‘In sickness and in health.’ I am scared of losing him, because it’s bad… but I have to show myself, my husband and my kids that I’m strong and we’re ok.

When I stopped performing, I wanted to be just a wife and mother. He wants me to sing again, and I want to do this with him.

On everything they’ve been through

It’s made us strong. We’ve been through a lot and we’re not questioning, ‘What happened and why? And how come again?’ We just have to get through it the best possible way… sickness is tough, it’s not something you choose.

You just have to live every day to the fullest… we don’t know what the future will bring, so we decided to just go for it.

How her children are doing

The twins are fine because they’re young, but I’m worried about RC. [Her oldest son, 13]. He understands what’s going on, and I feel a lot of empathy for him and I want him to feel like he can talk…

They [her children] help me to keep busy and stay positive. I just can’t sit around and worry.

On Rene encouraging her to get back to work

He was ready before me. He amazes me. I feel very fortunate I still have him… Rene has a little written destiny, but what exactly and when, nobody knows, and we’re not waiting for it.

Cele|bitchy | Celine Dion on her husband: ‘I am scared of losing him, because it’s bad’
    Brookie likes this.

Awwww...even tho I don't understand their relationship, I don't wish this situation on anyone. She annoys me for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, and I def feel like he swooped in when she was too young, but they've made it work for a really long time. Which is more than I can say for myself and a lot of people I've known through the years.
    Bluebonnet, Janus and nana51 like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Elite Member

My sister said she thinks that this is all about money. Apparently, when she had her standing Vegas show he racked up astronomical gambling debts.

This is sad and strange. She annoys me too -- not sure why.

I agree, I think the annoyance comes from her being French-Canadian.

Ok, and all that chest-beating during performances.

And their marriage always smacked of daddy issues for her, weird inappropriate vibes for him.

Well this is just what happens sometimes to 70+ year olds, sucks but it should be expected.
    twitchy2.0 and Wilson like this.

Although I'm creeped out by their age difference, I feel bad for her and the kids. It really sucks seeing your loved ones sick.
    Brookie likes this.

Apparently their marriage has been working for them and they seem to be really in love. I feel bad for her. He should live to a ripe old age and 70ish ain't it.
    sputnik, mopar and spiderpig like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

That interview is sad, weird relationship aside.
    But man, does he ever look like creepo Gary Glitter there.
    twitchy2.0 and rollo like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I feel for her. That's not a nice thing to go through.

its very sad, but she's lucky, a lot of people lose their grandparents at a much younger age... she's lucky to have had him as long as she did.
    Beeyotch likes this.

I've always really liked her. I hope she comes out of this, however it ends up, all right.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

i like Celine. I'm hoping to see her show next year for our anniversary.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I know someone who recently went through treatment for mouth and throat cancer and became a major resentful dick because he can't eat anymore. No grateful to be alive feelings from him.

We watched a football game with he and a bunch of others and it was terrible because of all the food commercials. His wife told me it's gotten so bad, she has to eat outside the house now because he can't deal with the smell of food. They have no kids at home so imagine three kids munching next to you all day.

Once chemo is finished, the appetite comes back so I feel bad for him. Rene is creepy but I think she is awesome for putting things on hold to care for him and their family. A++ in my book.
    BelledeJour and spiderpig like this.
    Drive-by poster

i didnt' have cancer, but i had a hole in my stomach and needed an esophageal stent. they use those for cancer patients too. it's gotta be the most uncomfortable painful thing i've ever had (and i've had humans shoot out of my vagine). i feel for the old guy. i can't even imagine having that on top of the pain of cancer.

Sorry that had to be done to you Annika, I hope all is well now?

Yeah, I watched the interview and realized nothing was said about chemo, he had radiation and surgery so my bad. Pretty much wipes out ability to swallow. I did have cancer, but treated with chemo and it was the taste of drugs in my mouth that kept me from eating. Hard to describe it. I could smell it on me and taste it even after showering. Losing weight, I was ok with that!

Anyway, I got teary listening to her talk. It's great she taught the kids to just get down to business and do what needs to be done and screw the fear.
    BITTER likes this.
    Drive-by poster

i'm fine now thanks!

i hope you are in a good remission yourself!!!!

just imagine this guy has been with her since she was what, 12? i wonder if she will ever remarry when he's gone.

good god. i hope they weren't doing it yet.
    spinmonkey, Beeyotch and BITTER like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information