Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Julia Louis-Dreyfus: Aging ‘on a public stage is challenging & difficult’

Default Julia Louis-Dreyfus: Aging ‘on a public stage is challenging & difficult’

On makeup: “As I’ve gotten older, I realize that less really is more–especially when it comes to makeup. I’ve found that a huge mistake you can easily make that ages you instantly is putting on too heavy foundation. All it does is define the lines you have. One thing I absolutely hate doing is taking my makeup off. I’m not someone who can fall asleep with my makeup on, that’s disgusting to me, so I have to take it off. But I really hate it!”

On aging before an audience:
    “You’ve seen me age! I’ve been in showbiz for so long. From the first time people saw me on Saturday Night Live until now … it’s no secret that I’ve gotten older. I’ve gotten older in front of you and that is odd – it is still so strange to me that everyone has seen me age on a public stage. It’s totally changing and difficult.”

Making healthy choices:
    “It can get really hard on-set and the biggest challenge is getting enough sleep. And, when I don’t have enough sleep, my metabolism goes crazy and my decision-making when it comes to good food choices is not the best–it’s very easy for me to go off the wagon as the hours of the day get longer. I am lucky that we have a really great craft services that does give us healthy choices and high-protein options, which helps me not make the bad food mistakes. I try to have some healthy choices on hand. I like Kind Bars and I recently found Santa Barbara Bars. I also always have almonds with me.”

On fitness:
    “Besides hiking, I like spin classes and I like doing cardio. But I have to admit, I am not so great on a bike. But I do try to do cardio–or anything aerobic–one day a week if I can because I think it’s so important and anyone feels better after they do it. I’m admittedly a lot better in smaller classes and groups though; when there are gobs of people, I start to get self-conscious.”

[From New Beauty]

Cele|bitchy | Julia Louis-Dreyfus: Aging ‘on a public stage is challenging & difficult’

She looks great. Like that dress.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

She looks better every year.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

She really has aged well. I think she's really gotten better with age.
    tulip and Clubber Lang like this.

She really has and she looks so much better than her Seinfeld early days. I'm glad she's full of positive information and a gazillion dollars don't hurt neither.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Whatever she's doing, she's doing it right. She looks amazing.

It's the hair that makes her look so much better than on Seinfeld. But yeah she just lucked out big time in the genetics and inherited wealth lottery. Talk about unfair. She still seems incredibly likeable so it's hard to hold anything against her.
    sluce and Linne like this.

i think it's pretty cool that she never was using her looks to get by in show biz. she's never tried to be that flawless sexy one in her roles, yet she ended up looking better than most of the women her age who were all about the sex and beauty and showing off the boobies.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Elite Member

She looks phenomenal and seems very cool and down to earth.

There's a lot of air brushing going on here, hair extentions and when did she get the big knockers?

^^It's true, you can never trust a magazine cover or photo these days. However, she always looks healthy and vibrant at award shows events.
    sluce likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

My guess is chicken cutlets in her bra for the boobs. A tight white dress could be unflattering but she has always looked quite "fit" and toned, while not being gristly or overly muscular. I am surprised she doesn't do Pilates because her body looks like she does. Like I mentioned, always fit/"healthy" but not gym rat looking but she may be/probably is blessed genetically to have that body type.

I've always thought she was pretty. She seems to have one of those faces where hairstyle matters. What they've done with the blown hair around the face helps. In photos where her hair is parted down the middle and severely drawn back, she looks older. I think she looks younger with shoulder length hair too.
    Drive-by poster

I will always be a fan of hers, if only for the awkward dance on Seinfeld.

I like her Old Navy commercials.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information