Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By stella blue
  • 1 Post By BoogsBun

Thread: Ashley Judd is filing a LOLsuit

fgg

Default Ashley Judd is filing a LOLsuit

Ashley Judd is pressing charges against Internet trolls

Ashley Judd is taking a stand against Internet trolls.

The “Insurgent” star received so much backlash after sending out an impassioned tweet during an intense NCAA basketball game over the weekend that she’s pressing charges against the alleged offenders.

“Everyone needs to take personal responsibility for what they write and not allowing this misinterpretation and shaming culture on social media to persist,” Judd told MSNBC on Monday before adding that she plans to press charges.

The 46-year-old Kentucky fan admitted that her tweet could have been worded more carefully had she not been in the heat of the moment during the game pinning Arkansas against her team. “If I were in a more calm state of mind I would [have] phrased [it] differently,” she said. “I might have said, ‘I am really disappointed what seems like ultra-aggressive play’ … instead of what I wrote, ‘I think Arkansas is playing dirty.'”

NBC’s “Today” aired an interview with the actress Tuesday, during which she confirmed she’s pressing charges.

“The amount of gender violence that I experienced is absolutely extraordinary,” she said. “A significant part of my day today will be spent filing police reports at home about gender violence that’s directed at me on social media.”
    The tweets directed at Judd were filled with vile accusations and suggestions.

“We now review five times as many user reports as we did previously,” Twitter told NBC in a statement. “And we have tripled the size of the support team focused on handled abuse reports.”

On Tuesday Judd attended the “Insurgent” New York premiere with Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort.

Ashley Judd is pressing charges against Internet trolls | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I doubt this will go anywhere, but it's pretty disgusting that the go-to response from some men to a woman saying something you disagree with is that they want to rape her. Those people deserve all the public shaming we can pile on them.
    BrickHouse, idunno, tulip and 3 others like this.

I'm pretty sure it is the go to response for a male as well. Straight men love to say they are gonna fuck something when pissed about sports.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I was reading somewhere yesterday that Twitter has some of the worst-regulated security and abuse controls of any social media site.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Back in my misspent youth, one of my go-to, immature responses was..."go fuck yourself with a chainsaw", regardless of the person's gender and/or orientation.
    darksithbunny likes this.

Thread Information