Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Azealia Banks Talks 'Fat White Americans,' Kanye West And Race In Playboy Interview

Default Azealia Banks Talks 'Fat White Americans,' Kanye West And Race In Playboy Interview

Azealia Banks did not hold back during her interview with Playboy for the magazine's April 2015 issue, discussing topics like pervasive racism, her sex life and even Kanye West.
    The 23-year-old Harlem native, known for her no-holds-barred tweets, began her career sharing songs on Myspace and emailing producers for beats. In November, she released her debut studio album, "Broke with Expensive Taste." Rolling Stone's Suzy Exposito said it "might be the year's boldest release." Now, Banks is on the cover of Playboy's latest issue alongside the headline: "Azealia Banks: Hip-Hop's Fierce Queen Is Ready To Roar."
    Here are some things we learned about the rapper:

She admires Jay Z.

"Jay Z. Thatís the only person I have my eye set on. The race thing always comes up, but I want to get there being very black and proud and boisterous about it. You get what I mean? A lot of times when youíre a black woman and youíre proud, thatís why people donít like you. In American society, the game is to be a nonthreatening black person. Thatís why you have Pharrell or Kendrick Lamar saying, 'How can we expect people to respect us if we donít respect ourselves?' Heís playing that nonthreatening black man shit, and that gets all the white soccer moms going, 'We love him.' Even Kanye West plays a little bit of that gameó'Please accept me, white world.' Jay Z hasnít played any of those games, and thatís what I like."

Twitter hate is tied to race.

"Itís always about race. Lorde can run her mouth and talk shit about all these other bitches, but yíall arenít saying sheís angry. If I have something to say, I get pushed into the corner."

She isn't a fan of "fat white Americans."

"I hate everything about this country. Like, I hate fat white Americans. All the people who are crunched into the middle of America, the real fat and meat of America, are these racist conservative white people who live on their farms. Those little teenage girls who work at Kmart and have a racist grandmaóthatís really America."

Don't tell her to "just make music."
    "I get upset when people are like, 'Why donít you just make music?' What would happen if I couldnít sing? Then Iíd just be another black bitch to yíall. Itís really [f***ing] annoying. Black people need reparations for building this country, and we deserve way more [f***ing] credit and respect."

She doesn't get atheism.
    "I donít understand how someone could be an atheist. Think about God as software, right? If you were to look at Godís face, your head would explode. Because your head is a calculator, and the amount of information that would be embedded in his face would fit only on a Google-size data center. Your head cannot handle that much information. Stop looking for God."

Head over to Playboy.com to read Banks' full interview.

Azealia Banks Talks 'Fat White Americans,' Kanye West And Race In Playboy Interview

They shouldn't let her talk!!
    Beeyotch, sluce, Kittylady and 5 others like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I've got no clue who this trick is. I'm guessing she's not a fat, white Murrican.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

She needs to start realising people find her offensive, arrogant and rude because she is, and it's got squat to do with her race
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

her anger is justified. i'd be pissed too if i were a black woman in america. but she's also highly unlikable and says a lot of stupid and questionable shit and i just can't deal with super defensive people with a siege mentality, of any race.
    nwgirl, Just Kill Me and Brando like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't know who she is but she sounds like an asshole.

"I don’t understand how someone could be an atheist.

I find it a lot more difficult to imagine someone who thinks the world is so fucked up worshiping the bastard who created it that way.

Don't tell her to "just make music."
    Well then this fat, white, Midwesterner will tell her to just fuck off.
    sluce, Kittylady, joebob and 7 others like this.

czb

her anger may be justified, but her delivery is awful. it's hard to see beyond the rude.

^^^^
    if you're going to be rude, at least be funny or clever about it. she's neither.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She's 100% right about the non threatening black male issue and the angry black female issue. But her comments about "fat white people" are ironic... she's bitching about racism whilst being a racist. Smh.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Hit By Ban Bus!

This white Midwesterner, is not fat, not conservative, nor do I live on a farm (though the neighborhood I live in, was in fact a horse farm).
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Elite Member

Listen bitch, whoever the fuck you are, don't put me on the defensive regarding racism when you don't know shit about me, or the "fat mid-westerners" you're talking about, or apparently anything outside of YOUR racist bubble.
    Racism DOES still exist in this country but there is a way to talk about this stuff and get people to listen without roping everyone into one large stereotype and offending everyone at the same time. This broad leaves a bad taste in the mouth and I actually agree with a lot of what she said.
    joebob likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

She's only 22, so Ima gonna let her finish, I mean, cut her some slack.
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

This fat white American at least knows how to spell azalea.
    sputnik, joebob, cheray and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information