Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Nooo!!!! Ugly twins Kendall & Kylie Jenner Rumored To Get Their Own Series

Elite Member

Default Nooo!!!! Ugly twins Kendall & Kylie Jenner Rumored To Get Their Own Series

According to theFIX.com and written by Yasmin Vought:

Kendall and Kylie Jenner to get a Kardashian spin-off series

By Yasmin Vought

12 days ago

Comments

As if we didn't see this one coming.
    Another Keeping Up With the Kardashians spin-off series could be in the works, this time focusing on the two youngest members of the reality TV clan.
    An insider has told Variety that a series focusing on Kendall, 19, and Kylie Jenner, 17, is "on the drawing board", but it's not clear yet how quickly it could happen.

And while neither of the sisters are yet to sign the dotted line, there's definitely enough action there for a spin-off.
    Kendall's booming modelling career and Kylie's rumoured romance with Tyga would offer plenty of juicy material. Not to mention the launch of their two fashion lines and the debut of the sisters' first novel, Rebels: City of Indra: The Story of Lex and Livia.
    The potential series would be the fifth KUWTK spinoff after Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Khloe & Lamar, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami and Kourtney and Khloe Take the Hamptons. And would totally explain the whopping $100 million four-year contract the family reportedly signed last week.

Read more at Kendall and Kylie Jenner to get a Kardashian spin-off series | The FIX

May God have mercy on our souls.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

why do we need another reality show on this family.

Aw, poor Kylie getting a leg up, brow up etc.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I thought Kendall was trying to distance herself from her nutty family because of their negative influence upon her epic modeling "career"

So much smizing. They practice these poses 24/7.
    Lily Bleu likes this.

Ugh. They should just change the E! channel to K!
    tulip, Belt Up, Lily Bleu and 9 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I am sure Cris has told Kendall to help her sister. She doesn't need this krap with her modelling career taking off (like it or not.) I am rooting for Kendall to make all the others redundant.

the debut of the sisters' first novel
    Huh. I would've thought functional literacy was a prerequisite for writing a novel.

All of it, a steaming pile of horseshit.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Jesus. We're never getting rid of these people.
    Novice, Lily Bleu, qwerty and 4 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Kockroaches.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Is this what Bruce is trying to look like??? -------->

Not to mention the launch of their two fashion lines and the debut of the sisters' first novel, Rebels: City of Indra: The Story of Lex and Livia.

Yeah, "their" novel
    "Rebels: City of Indra is a 2014 science fiction/dystopian novel by the American reality television stars Kendall and Kylie Jenner. The novel is ghost written by Maya Sloan."

I can just imagine it; an office in the valley, with a real writer & the inarticulate K-sisters saying things "I think... urm... like.. there should be... like... a .... erm... GIRL.. yeah.. like... a...like... girl...."

However, having read the first few lines of an interview with her in the LA times, I have less sympathy for her ""I've learned to check my ego," Sloan said. "Ego will get you a teaching job in Iowa grading freshman comp papers, or a 9-to-5 editing promotional material where you want to slit your wrists. I'm writing for a living, and it's a gift to be a working writer.""
    Obviously teaching the coming generations in Iowa is totally heinous & a worthless profession *insert eye roll here*

For Maya Sloan, ghostwriting Jenners' YA book just part of fiction fun

"It's a gift to be a working writer," says Maya Sloan, co-author of the new "Rich Kids of Instagram." (Carolyn Cole / Los Angeles Times)

By Amy Kaufman contact the reporter

NEW YORK — One day. That was all the time Maya Sloan allowed herself to Google reviews of the dystopian young adult novel she ghostwrote for Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
    Not surprisingly, Internet trolls had it out for the youngest sisters of the Kardashians — lampooning the idea that two teenage models who had yet to graduate from high school wanted to be taken seriously as authors. But Sloan, 37, didn't escape unscathed, either.
    "Maya Sloan must have a serious need for money to submit herself to this kind of public humiliation," posted one Gawker.com commenter about her role as ghostwriter.
    I've learned to check my ego. Ego will get you a teaching job in Iowa grading freshman comp papers ... I'm writing for a living, and it's a gift to be a working writer." - Maya Sloan

Yeah, so maybe this wasn't the response she envisioned after five years toiling away on two separate writing MFAs. It certainly wasn't what her family imagined; relatives regularly email her job openings at places like the prestigious Iowa Writers' Workshop and suggest she try submitting her fiction to literary journals instead of ghostwriting.
    "I've learned to check my ego," Sloan said. "Ego will get you a teaching job in Iowa grading freshman comp papers, or a 9-to-5 editing promotional material where you want to slit your wrists. I'm writing for a living, and it's a gift to be a working writer."

A busy one too: After last month's arrival of the Jenners' "Rebels: City of Indra," now comes "Rich Kids of Instagram," a novel Sloan co-wrote with the anonymous creator of the popular Tumblr site of the same name.

Sloan, a self-proclaimed lover of hypertext, fictionalizes the mysterious figures from the blog's featured pictures and offers her own take on the novelistic form.

Just as Helen Fielding used a journal to tell the story of "Bridget Jones's Diary" and Jennifer Egan included a chapter full of PowerPoint slides in her Pulitzer Prize-winning "A Visit From the Goon Squad" — not to mention the many attempts at Twitter novels — Sloan's use of Tumblr entries and Instagram photos as source material for "Rich Kids of Instagram" is one more example of how popular culture and social media are influencing fiction.

In this case, Sloan, who normally stays in the background, is the public face for a co-author who doesn't want to be named. The creator of the "RKOI" Tumblr cites legal threats among his reasons for opting to remain anonymous. He did, however, meet with Sloan in person multiple times.
    Between the Jenners and her anonymous co-author, she has unintentionally become a youth scholar. To understand the wealthy adolescents behind "Rich Kids," she crashed their parties in the Hamptons; to inform the characters in the sci-fi-themed "Rebels," she spent time gossiping about boys with Kendall and Kylie.
    [Kendall and Kylie Jenner] are teenage girls. They're wealthy and they have a famous name, but I didn't want to look at them — or their book — as a product. - Maya Sloan

"These are teenage girls," said Sloan, sitting at a bar across the street from Simon & Schuster, whose Gallery Books imprint has published all of her novels. "They're wealthy and they have a famous name, but I didn't want to look at them — or their book — as a product."
    If there's anyone who could withhold judging two statuesque reality stars from Calabasas, it's Sloan. While teaching a beginning novel writing class at NYU's School of Continuing and Professional Studies this spring, she seemed wary of discouraging her students with harsh critiques.
    "Are you nervous, honey?" she asked one young woman who was about to receive feedback on a short story. "Don't be. This is so promising. Let's help make it better."

Sloan, a native of Oklahoma City, has taught at nine different universities while pursuing her own writing. Her first novel, "High Before Homeroom" — about a teenager seeking popularity through drug use — was published in 2010 and was less read than "Redefining Diva," the 2012 memoir she ghostwrote for Broadway star Sheryl Lee Ralph. It was the latter book that got her a meeting with the Jenners, who were seeking to write something in the vein of "The Hunger Games" trilogy.
    "We just wanted to do something different — not something everyone would have expected from us, like a fashion, high school kind of story," said 18-year-old Kendall, calling during a break from a fashion shoot in Montauk, N.Y., this week.
    "We just wanted to do something different -- not something everyone would have expected from us, like a fashion, high school kind of story," says Kendall Jenner. Kendall, left, and Kylie Jenner pose for photos at a book signing in June. (Angela Weiss / Getty Images)

Along with their creative director Elizabeth Killmond-Roman, the Jenners created a broad two-page outline describing the futuristic tale about two girls with superpowers who are secretly twins. Sloan was hired to execute that vision, using Kendall and Kylie as inspiration for the book's protagonists. The sisters took her along with them to New York Fashion Week and let her hang in their hotel room while they texted their friends.
    "Maya wanted to understand our lingo," explained Kylie, 16, who said she is a fan of the "Pretty Little Liars" and "Twilight" book series. "She's super smart and just kind of adapted to us — remembering what we said and the way we talked."
    While Sloan actually wrote the book, Killmond-Roman took pains to emphasize the girls' involvement in "Rebels." They had numerous Skype and Face-Time sessions with Sloan, she said, and the group all marked up drafts with extensive notes.

"People are trying to take this away from the girls," she said. "But most art is collaborative. It was never, like, 'Maya — go off and write 10 chapters and send them back to us.'"
    In the acknowledgments for "Rebels," they thank Sloan for her "tenacious and creative spirit." And in a recent interview with "Good Morning America," Kendall said she and Kylie received "some help" with their book because "we obviously can't write a sci-fi novel on our own." Her admission came shortly after an embarrassing gaffe on the Billboard Music Awards, during which she misread a teleprompter and awkwardly blurted out: "Guys, I'm the worst reader!"
    Still, when footage of the sisters promoting their book appears on an upcoming episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," Sloan's face won't pop up.

"They didn't ask me to be on the show, and that didn't hurt my feelings," the writer said. "Besides, I'd have to lose 15 pounds."
    Along with her husband, Danish illustrator Thomas Warming, Sloan is spending her summer in Orlando, Fla., living in Jack Kerouac's old home as a writer in residence there. By August she hopes to have completed her next novel — this one written without a co-author — which delves into the world of burlesque in 1930s New York.

"People are going to want to say I'm a YA author now, but it's not like one day I can't write a literary novel — whatever literary means," she said. "As if there are these Greek gods dictating what literature is? None of the students I teach read — even the really smart ones. They read magazines and blogs; everything is becoming really visual. So I can talk to you about Tolstoy and I can talk to you about 'Divergent.' I refuse the snobbery."
    *but won't work as a teacher in Iowa... Just sayin'
    She's even proud of the sure-to-be controversial cover of "Rich Kids of Instagram," which features a realistic textured line of cocaine on a $100 bill.

"You know some of those rich kids are going to be snorting coke off that line, which I think is hysterical," she said. "I don't judge."
    For Maya Sloan, ghostwriting Jenners' YA book just part of fiction fun - LA Times
    The whole "teenagers don't read" thing is getting so tired & old. Maybe you're not starting with the expectation when they are younger that they will read, etc etc etc.... Teens do read, they just want to read the right stuff (for them).
    Free Charmed.

I think I'd rather teach in Iowa or edit promo material (oh, wait, I edit lots of pointless stuff *checks wrists*) than whore myself out to the Kardashians. If she has checked her ego, then I don't know why she needs to imply she's superior to professors and editors and people living in various unglamorous states.

Besides, she's from Oklahoma per her bio.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Enough already!!!!
    darksithbunny likes this.

Enough of the Kardashian Klan?? Never! They are the patron saints of the attention whore look at me generation.

Articles about them get lots of clicks (eh Anna?) so they are here to stay

Unless we pick them off one by one.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

for the love of God ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information