Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Patricia Arquette on Not Straightening Teeth: I Didn't Want to Look Perfect

Default Patricia Arquette on Not Straightening Teeth: I Didn't Want to Look Perfect

Still celebrating her Oscars win,Patricia Arquette opens up about the pressure Hollywood places on actresses. Subscribe now to learn why she refuses to change.
    When Patricia Arquette was in ninth grade, a male student who had voted her "best looking" in their class suggested she straighten her teeth so she could pose for Playboy.

Arquette who had already told her parents that she didn't want to straighten her pearly whites because "it didn't feel like it would fit who I was inside" was floored by her classmate's sexist suggestion.
    "I said, 'Why would I want to be in Playboy?' " Arquette, now 46, tells PEOPLE. "I just didn't want to look perfect. I didn't want to have to change myself to be attractive. I didn't think that was my responsibility."

Even today, Arquette whose new drama CSI: Cyber debuts Wednesday on CBS is loath to discuss her appearance and what it's like to age in front of the camera. Though she says it was "powerful" to do it for Boyhood, a movie that was shot over a 12-year period, Arquette doesn't understand why, as an actress, she is constantly asked to talk about how she appears on camera.

"I've had so many of these conversations in my life ... what I look like on film, what I don't look like on film. What are we supposed to look like? Men are not having these conversations," says Arquette.
    "It's like we're trapped in wet wool or something. I just want to be free of it so we can move to the next level as equals. Not that I don't love being a woman, not that I don't love the differences between men and women. I just mean, as an actor why is this a conversation? Why is aging a conversation? It's a one-sided conversation because it's only ever had by women."

http://www.people.com/article/patricia-arquette-refused-change-looks-teeth

I like her.
    Alysheba, piperdiva and Honeythorn like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I do too. And I like her teeth. I'm sick of the creepy, neurotic obsession with "perfection."
    idunno, Mivvi21, Alysheba and 6 others like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Elite Member

^^Especially when today's perfection often ends in horse teeth, bolt on tits, painfully inflated lips, and/or ridiculous arses.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    ^^Especially when today's perfection often ends in horse teeth, bolt on tits, painfully inflated lips, and/or ridiculous arses.
    You are so right! Add noses without any character and BLINDING white teeth.
    Honeythorn likes this.

This is why I like her. She's real.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I like her too. I try not to hold the fact that she was married to Nic Cage against her.
    idunno, sputnik, Linne and 2 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

what??! I don't even remember that!!

I've always been partial to teeth like hers.
    sputnik likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^^^
    same. i think it's sexy.
    sparkles likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Between Ermahgerd and Yee-muthafuckin' Haw

I like her too! And Whaaaat? She was married to Nic Cage? And people's Blinding white teeth freake out.

You kids, you're probably all too young to remember. Yes, they were married for a brief time. We all make mistakes in love.
    Icepik and Honeythorn like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

They were actually married for a while, weren't they? More than a year or two.

I think.

I think it was some crazy thing where they were legally married for a number of years but the relationship was DOA pretty quick. Exactly the kind of thing we'd expect from cage.....I have to go google. That might have been his other crazy marriage to Lisa Marie Presley. Or was that the one where the divorce case took longer than the marriage lasted.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

I love her. She is my fav. I loved the medium.
    Witchywoman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I think it was some crazy thing where they were legally married for a number of years but the relationship was DOA pretty quick. Exactly the kind of thing we'd expect from cage.....I have to go google. That might have been his other crazy marriage to Lisa Marie Presley. Or was that the one where the divorce case took longer than the marriage lasted.
    Oh, that sounds about right...but I could also be confusing the two marriages. A whole lotta crazy there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information