• 2 Post By Honey
  • 3 Post By shedevilang
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 2 Post By sluce
  • 1 Post By Annika
  • 2 Post By Icepik
  • 1 Post By greysfang

Thread: Zelda Williams on dad Robinís suicide "we donít have an explanation"

Default Zelda Williams on dad Robinís suicide "we donít have an explanation"

Zelda had an interview air on The Today Show this morning, conducted by Kate Snow. You can see the videos in two parts, below. Zelda impressed me so much, especially in light of some of the invasive questions Snow was asking. Zelda talked about how sheís grieving following the loss of her dad, and how sheís trying to move forward in her life. Zelda came across as vulnerable and honest but straightforward and practical. Hereís some of what she said.

Grieving for her dad
    For me especially itís going to take a lot of work to allow myself the fun happy life that I had.

On the outpouring of love for her dad
    There was an enormous outpouring of love from every corner of the worldÖ the side of him that people know and love and that is attached to their childhood is the characters that he had so much fun being and thatís whatís important. I do think thatís what a lot of people will hold on toÖ for the most part itís nice to have just our private life be our private life.

She was asked if she ever wonders why her dad committed suicide
    I donít think thereís a point [to wonder why]. Itís not important to ask.

People want to know why her dad took his own life

Diseases are Ė until we find out exactly how they work, we donít have an explanation. Thereís no one I can offer. A lot of people who have been through it and lost someoneÖ who have gone on to lead very full lives know that thereís no point questioning it and thereís no point blaming yourself or the worldÖ it happened so you have to continue to live and manage.

On public acceptance of mental illness

One of the things that is changing that is wonderful is that people are starting to approach talking about illnesses that people canít immediately see. I want people to be more accepting.

It was important for [my dad] for people to talk about important things. He didnít like people feeling like the things that were hard for them, they should go through alone. Thatís the big legacy for him.

On what people should remember about her dad

People should remember what they want to remember of him. Who am I to guide what their childhood memories are of watching his movie.

Cele|bitchy | Zelda Williams on dad Robin‚Äôs suicide ‚Äėwe don‚Äôt have an explanation‚Äô
    greysfang and yoyoma like this.

Seems like she's got a good head on her shoulders
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I was very impressed by her in this interview.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

What a lovely and smart young lady Zelda is.

She and her family have been through so much pain, not only her Fathers passing away but also all the negative crap that was hurled about via media/social media about Robin.

i really do love the fact that Robin named her after a video game character... that is so sweet.

i hope Zelda and her family have a brighter future and i wish them all they very best.

Aw man, it hurts to hear about losing Robin again. I can imagine how much greater his family's pain must be.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

As odd as this may sound, I believe their pain is probably less. This was less of a shock for them. Their day to day contact, and dealing with his illness, better prepared them for the possibility. I have worked with families where you could physically see as they collectively released the breath they had been holding for so long.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Seems like a good kid. I feel for their family.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

i can't understand how i feel about this. i'm almost not sad that he died, only because he chose to and didn't go out with a heart attack or accident. it's like, everyone is going to die some day and i feel sorry for those who die that wanted to live. this dude just didn't want to be here anymore. i dunno, it's weird. i feel really horrible for his family and other suicides have made me sad in the past but his didn't. i might be messed up in the head with this one.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

It's very sad that he felt so tormented in life that he thought death was the only answer.
    eeyore0101 and Clubber Lang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i can't understand how i feel about this. i'm almost not sad that he died, only because he chose to and didn't go out with a heart attack or accident. it's like, everyone is going to die some day and i feel sorry for those who die that wanted to live. this dude just didn't want to be here anymore. i dunno, it's weird. i feel really horrible for his family and other suicides have made me sad in the past but his didn't. i might be messed up in the head with this one.
    He had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's so maybe you're right.
    Annika likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I've been to see Robin's genie, his tribute inside the World of Warcraft. He's on a little island where you can rub his lamp and he will come out for a few minutes. Boy the tears sure did flow when I went out there to pay my respects.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    As odd as this may sound, I believe their pain is probably less. This was less of a shock for them. Their day to day contact, and dealing with his illness, better prepared them for the possibility. I have worked with families where you could physically see as they collectively released the breath they had been holding for so long.
    a friend of mine's husband killed himself about 4 years ago. she said to me once that she always knew suicide was a distinct possibility with him so as sad as she was about his death, she never had trouble accepting the way in which he died. she did think it would happen much later though.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information