Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Tea Leoni is 'divorced and liking it, thank you'

Default Tea Leoni is 'divorced and liking it, thank you'

Unlike many of her Hollywood peers, Tea Leoni is fully aware there isn't a fountain of youth, and at 48, the Madame Secretary actress is okay with that. As she approaches her 49th birthday, Leoni tells MORE magazine she's realized that her happiness is paramount when it comes to aging. "Chasing youth is a war I'm not going to win," admits the star. "It's not like I'm thrilled to turn around and catch my can in the mirror, but I can see now how much of my happiness could be a victim of trying to stay young and desirable. And it feels like peace and victory to be relieved of that burden."

Choosing to abandon her inner critic was a decision Leoni made as she raised her two children, Madelaine, 15, and Kyd, 12, with ex-husband David Duchovny. Fear, Leoni tells MORE, also creeped in as she and Duchovny approached the end of their marriage. (The couple divorced in 2014 after 17 years together, including a brief reconciliation in 2008)

"I don't want people to judge me and find me wanting. I spent some time in my marriage being fearful of how it would go, or end, or not end, and I think, with the kids, some fear as a new mother. I didn’t know what I was doing," Leoni admits. "I remember packing the freaking diaper bag. I would get obsessed. If there is an earthquake, can we survive for two weeks on the contents?

Currently "divorced and liking it," Leoni's commitment to living life on her own terms allowed her to take on the leading lady role on Madame Secretary -- and uproot her family to the show's New York City headquarters -- without regrets.
    "People tell me I've never really made it. They say, 'You don't have an Oscar.' There's not an accolade in Hollywood that could replace time with my kids," Leoni says. "At this stage of my life, it's not about contentment. Or appealing to 20-year-olds. Or awards. It's about finding something more. As I tell my daughter, 'Hear your voice first.'"

Read more: Tea Leoni "Divorced and Liking It," Talks Aging in Hollywood - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

never have liked her.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Me either she's one of those actress that I never understand why they pick her for a role when there are tons of slightly better aging blondes out there.
    Callalily likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

She's always reminded me of Meredith Baxter and I can't stand her either.

At times I think she's hilarious and like her fashion style, and others I think she's grating and obnoxious.

Either way, even if she hadn't chosen time with her children over her career, I doubt she'd have won an Oscar.
    Kittylady likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I have always liked her.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I absolutely love her. She has depth, character, ... "Something."

(shrugs) Different strokes, right?

eta: I also really like Merideth Baxter, but that has some basis in reality, lol. I had a very slight acquaintance with her many years ago, and she was very kind and lovely.
    sluce, Syd and sputnik like this.

I've never liked her either, even though I sort of enjoyed that sitcom she did back in the day. I just don't like that skinny energetic loudmouth type (as opposed to fat, lazy loudmouths like myself) and she was always a little too butchoid to be a great beauty.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I just don't like that skinny energetic loudmouth type (as opposed to fat, lazy loudmouths like myself)...
    Nice! It's the same for me here

I'm glad you are liking it. I'd like to fuck your ex husband.
    nwgirl, sputnik and Kittylady like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I like her. And I like her ex husband even more.
    Laurent likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like her a lot and I really like her attitude about aging. Much more dignified than the desperation of many other aging actresses who butcher their faces in a fight they can't win.
    Alysheba likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    never have liked her.
    Me either and I really have tried. I think it's because her character in "Spanglish" was such a bitch and that sticks in my head. Plus, she has no lips which make her teeth look ginourmous.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I saw Spanglish, but it was difficult for me to watch Sandler in his role so she kind of fell into the background for me. She was funny in Fun with Dick and Jane and to this day after watching it a gazillion times, my son will giggle throughout the entire movie. She was much more likable in that than Spanglish. I don't remember her in anything else.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I really like her. She always sounds way more literate in interviews than the average actor.
    Alysheba likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information