Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Singer Zendaya Calls Out Giuliana Rancic for Offensive Hair Comments

Default Singer Zendaya Calls Out Giuliana Rancic for Offensive Hair Comments

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/singer-...954684778.html

Singer Zendaya Calls Out Giuliana Rancic for Offensive Hair Comments

E!’s Fashion Police are known for their harsh criticism of stars looks on the red carpet, but this time, host Giuliana Rancic may have taken things too far. During Monday night’s broadcast of the post-Oscars Fashion Police show, Rancic commented on actress and singer Zendaya’s choice to wear dreadlocks on the Oscars red carpet, saying, “I feel like she smells like patchouli oil. Or weed. Maybe weed?”

Zendaya took to Twitter on Monday night to respond to Rancic’s comments, calling her remarks “outrageously offensive.” In the Twitter post, which has over 35,000 retweets and 38,000 favorites, Zendaya lists prominent men and women who also wear their hair in dreadlocks and recommends that people go and listen to India Arie’s song, “I Am Not My Hair,” before judging others. “There is already harsh criticism of African American hair in society without the help of ignorant people who choose to judge others based on the curl of their hair,” says the singer. “My wearing my hair in locs on an Oscar red carpet was to showcase them in a positive light, to remind people of color that our hair is good enough.”

Many of Zendaya’s fans, including Khloé Kardashian, took to Twitter in support of her statement and look.

Rancic tried to clear the air on Twitter early Tuesday morning suggesting that her comment was not related to race. “I was referring to a bohemian chic look. Had NOTHING to do with race and NEVER would!!!” But this might only be the beginning of a much larger discussion about beauty and race.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Giuliana Rancic is a stick figure and an idiot.
    Kittylady, *Kat* and deenz like this.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Even if I believed Rancic about the bohemian chic lie, still offensive to boho. Get her. She is an idiot.
    Kittylady, BITTER and lindsaywhit like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I believe, however, that Drexel Spivey DID smell strongly of weed ant patchouli....

Oh, BULLSHIT, Giuliana. Bohemian Chic thing my ass.
    Kittylady and dilligaf like this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

they're bullshit extensions so i'm kinda like- poseur. i know this kid is half black so it doesn't apply, but irl i relentlessly mock the shit out of white kids with dreads.......and they usually do smell like patchouli, and dirty feet. on the other hand i love dreads on black people. i have no idea what that says about me, but there it is......
    DeChayz, Syd, BITTER and 8 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    they're bullshit extensions so i'm kinda like- poseur. i know this kid is half black so it doesn't apply, but irl i relentlessly mock the shit out of white kids with dreads.......and they usually do smell like patchouli, and dirty feet. on the other hand i love dreads on black people. i have no idea what that says about me, but there it is......
    I feel the same way. I love dreads on black people and think whites with dreads look like they smell foul. If you figure out what that says about you, let me know because I'm right there with you
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Kelly Osbourne

Giuliana Better Make It Right With Zendaya ...

Or I'll Quit!!

45 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

breaking news
    Kelly Osbourne just dropped an ultimatum on Giuliana Rancic and their "Fashion Police" bosses -- issue a mea culpa for saying Zendaya smells like a hippie pot smoker ... or she'll quit the show.
    Kelly is responding to the firestorm Giuliana sparked with a comment about the Disney star's Oscar look -- which included new dreadlocks. Rancic said she thought Zendaya must smell like patchouli oil or weed. Kathy Griffin joined in on the "weed" comment.
    Kelly went off on a Twitter rant, saying ... "I'm giving everyone involved 24 hours to make it right or the world will hear how I really feel." She added she doesn't condone racism and is seriously questioning staying on the show.
    Osbourne reminded fans she's friends with Zendaya -- who herself blasted Rancic for making such an "outrageously offensive" stereotypical comment.
    It sounds like no one involved is buying Giuliana's apology that the comment "had NOTHING to do with race."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3ShwDN9aD

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Makes one wish that the stick insect doesn't apologize, if it will get rid of Kelly.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Wasn't Kelly there last night who she said it?? Why didn't she call her out then??
    czb, arie_skop, BrickHouse and 2 others like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I honestly don't think the stick made the comment to be racist. Not everything is racially offensive. Sometimes, people are just dumb.

I rode an elevator back in the day with Lenny Kravitz. Wanna know what he smelled like??

I know...someone tell Giuliana that she's fat .
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I once did a few lines with Lenny Kravitz, he smelled pretty good (of course my nose was runny, so I'm not sure if I got the full eau de Len)

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I once did a few lines with Lenny Kravitz, he smelled pretty good (of course my nose was runny, so I'm not sure if I got the full eau de Len)
    Damn, you had a much better time than I did!! He smelled like essential oils and a little BO. Perhaps you were still a little stuffy He was still nice to look at.

I've heard about the BO from the mutual friend who we did the lines with. Apparently Lisa bonet had the same scent. (That's how long ago it was, but she wasn't there that night). I also once did a line with Kelsey Grammer, in a place appropriately named the Ski Bar.......

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information