Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Vanilla Ice Arrested

  1. #1
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    14,256

    Default Vanilla Ice Arrested

    Rap star Vanilla Ice is arrested, charged with burglary

    By Lorenza Brascia, CNN
    Updated 7:14 PM ET, Wed February 18, 2015



    Vanilla Ice performs at NBA All-Star Weekend in February.


    Story highlights


    • Vanilla Ice is taken into custody in a burglary and theft case
    • House adjacent to one he was renovating had items stolen




    (CNN)Vanilla Ice was put on ice Wednesday, thanks to an arrest in Lantana, Florida.

    The rap artist, whose real name is Robert Van Winkle, was taken into custody Wednesday and charged with burglary residence and grand theft, according to a news release issued by the Lantana Police Department.
    The Police Department said the robbery occurred sometime between December and February in a home that was going through foreclosure. Items stolen include a pool heater and furniture.

    The stolen property has "since been returned to its rightful owner.""During the investigation, it was determined Robert Matthew Van Winkle played a role in the burglary and theft. Mr. Van Winkle is currently renovating the residence adjacent to the property in which the items were stolen. A search warrant was obtained and executed in unincorporated Palm Beach County in which several of the stolen items were recovered at a residence under the care and control of Robert Van Winkle," the department said.
    Vanilla Ice stars on the show "The Vanilla Ice Project" for the DIY Network. On the show, he renovates and then sells houses.
    CNN reached out to Van Winkle's press rep and DIY Network, who have yet to respond.





  2. #2
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    21,266

    Default

    How lame. What an idiot. Way to end your career.
    Angeli likes this.

    "A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

  3. #3
    Elite Member Sylkyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indahood, AL
    Posts
    9,241

    Default

    I don't get why he would do this. He's had a very successful, lucrative career (from what I've read) in the real estate market. Why would you fuck that up stealing shit from a house? Surely there's some kind of "reason" or at least viable explanation for this. OTOH, once an idiot, always an idiot.

  4. #4
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,256

    Default

    Now the Amish will shun him.
    Trixie and Wicked Goddess like this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  5. #5
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    13,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    I don't get why he would do this. He's had a very successful, lucrative career (from what I've read) in the real estate market. Why would you fuck that up stealing shit from a house? Surely there's some kind of "reason" or at least viable explanation for this. OTOH, once an idiot, always an idiot.
    Maybe he loaned them a cup of sugar and was just breaking in to steal it - I mean, rightfully take it back. It might have been his very favourite mug.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  6. #6
    Gold Member Yoko Ono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Maybe he thought because he's famous the neighbours wouldn't mind if he "borrowed" a few things.
    He seems like the entitled celeb type.

    "random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

  7. #7
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,367

    Default

    What a fool. Houses in foreclosure often have thefts reported. Sadly, it is often from the actual home owners who were kicked out.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  8. #8
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    41,304

    Default

    What a nice move bonehead. You were at least making a living with this show.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  9. #9
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    23,230

    Default

    I'm thinking he wasn't the one who actually committed the burglary. He sent one of his minion workers over to get the stuff, or he at least knew what they were doing.

    There are foreclosed houses around here, in very wealthy areas, where there is nothing left but the walls, studs, and floor boards. They take everything. Toilets, cabinets, flooring, thermostats, wiring, plumbing, etc. It's crazy.

  10. #10
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    28,170

    Default

    If he's convicted will he soft serve any serious time?

    P.S.

    Florida man!
    Bombshell likes this.

  11. #11
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    19,829

    Default

    ^ Same here, Kris. I saw a real estate listing not long ago for a house that was listed for about half its value. Looked at the pics and figured out why pretty quickly. Everything was gone except for one toilet.

    I assumed it was the (foreclosed) owners, foreclosures take so long it seems they have plenty of time to gut and sell the fixtures. But I guess other people loot the places too. In this case, the house was probably vacant for awhile so the idiot figured it was fair game. And wasn't even smart enough to get rid of the evidence.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  12. #12
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    19,517

    Default

    This is nothing new. Where I used to live as a kid the local housing authority would have to be on standby to put shutters on a house within minutes of the last occupants leaving otherwise the whole place would be stripped by opportunists. Some of them would even go so far as to wreck the walls to strip the wiring out. If it had a scrap value then it would be taken. In my last house we had to have the emergency plumbing service out after someone broke in to the old unused outside loo and ripped the old pipe work out, and that was while were at home, asleep in bed!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  13. #13
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    23,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Same here, Kris. I saw a real estate listing not long ago for a house that was listed for about half its value. Looked at the pics and figured out why pretty quickly. Everything was gone except for one toilet.

    I assumed it was the (foreclosed) owners, foreclosures take so long it seems they have plenty of time to gut and sell the fixtures. But I guess other people loot the places too. In this case, the house was probably vacant for awhile so the idiot figured it was fair game. And wasn't even smart enough to get rid of the evidence.
    I think it's both. A few years ago, when the market took a real dump, the owners would destroy the house before they left. One house had all of the appliances dumped in the pool. They even through the portable propane tanks from the BBQ in the pool. They smashed the tile floors. It was a real mess. I worked for a real estate company at the time and it was amazing what people would do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    This is nothing new. Where I used to live as a kid the local housing authority would have to be on standby to put shutters on a house within minutes of the last occupants leaving otherwise the whole place would be stripped by opportunists. Some of them would even go so far as to wreck the walls to strip the wiring out. If it had a scrap value then it would be taken. In my last house we had to have the emergency plumbing service out after someone broke in to the old unused outside loo and ripped the old pipe work out, and that was while were at home, asleep in bed!
    They do that here, too. They rip the wiring right out of the walls and sell it for scrap. I can't believe that happened while you were home sleeping!
    Kittylady likes this.

  14. #14
    Elite Member panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,413

    Default

    Van Winkle got busted. *points and laughs*
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

  15. #15
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    19,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I think it's both. A few years ago, when the market took a real dump, the owners would destroy the house before they left. One house had all of the appliances dumped in the pool. They even through the portable propane tanks from the BBQ in the pool. They smashed the tile floors. It was a real mess. I worked for a real estate company at the time and it was amazing what people would do.
    Yeah, several years ago my hubs worked with a guy who got a windfall $1m inheritance from some distant relative. He and his wife sold their modest home and built a monstrosity in the country, basically went crazy with the money, ended up splitting up and losing the house. We heard the guy stripped the place bare and was selling whatever he could for scrap before the foreclosure hit. Throwing stuff in the pool is just nuts though, not that I condone it but if someone is gonna go that route, they could at least get a few bucks for their stuff before they're evicted.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vanilla Ice: Home Remodeling Show Debuts on DIY
    By celeb_2006 in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: October 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM
  2. Deep chocolate vanilla torte
    By Honey in forum Recipes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 13th, 2008, 03:15 PM
  3. Vanilla Coke smells like wet dog
    By Eli in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: August 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM
  4. Vanilla Ice arrested for domestic violence
    By marie in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 12th, 2008, 07:15 AM
  5. OMG!! No More Diet Vanilla Coke!
    By britlitgal in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: November 9th, 2005, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •