Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By KrisNine
  • 1 Post By Yoko Ono
  • 4 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 2 Post By HWBL

Thread: Halle Berry: Plastic Surgery Is Pushed "Like Crack" in Hollywood

Default Halle Berry: Plastic Surgery Is Pushed "Like Crack" in Hollywood

Swimming upstream! Unlike some of her Hollywood peers, Halle Berry told Yahoo! Beauty on Friday, Feb. 13, that she's resisting the urge to go under the knife.
    "It is pressure," Berry, 48, confessed of plastic surgery. "When you see everybody around you doing it, you have those moments when you think, 'To stay alive in this business, do I need to do the same thing?'"

The Oscar-winning beauty admitted that she has personally been told to get work done. "I wonít lie and tell you that those things donít cross my mind," she continued, "because somebody is always suggesting it to me. 'You know if you just did a little bit of this and that, lift this up, then this would be a little bit better.' Itís almost like crack that people are trying to push on you. Thatís what I feel like."

The mother of two offered advice to those struggling with similar surmounting pressure to preserve their youth.
    "I just have kept reminding myself that beauty really is as beauty does, and it is not so much about my physical self," Berry reflected. "Aging is natural, and thatís going to happen to all of us. I think of those women that I thought aged so beautifully, like Lena Horn. Even how Jane Fonda is aging ó I donít know what she has or hasnít done, but she looks beautiful as sheís going about her way. I just want to always look like myself, even if thatís an older version of myself. I think when you do too much of that cosmetic stuff, you become somebody else in a way."

Berry acknowledged, however, that accepting one's age is no cakewalk. "We have to stop wanting to look like that decade before," Berry told Yahoo! "We have to stop coveting that. Let it go and embrace it now and really be okay. Itís easy to say, I guess, but thatís the goal."
    The A-lister's comments about aging and plastic surgery come at a timely junction, after one of Berry's fellow age 40-plus peers recently made headlines for her transformation. Uma Thurman became a trending topic worldwide this past week after sporting a shocking new look on the red carpet.

While the Internet speculated about possible plastic surgery, Thurman brushed off the comments on Thursday. "I know I look weird!" she said. "I guess nobody liked my makeup."

Read more: Halle Berry: Plastic Surgery Pushed "Like Crack" in Hollywood - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

But, she's had plastic surgery. She felt the need to fit into a certain mold to get her foot in the door in Hollywood. Now, she thinks it's crazy that they want her to look a certain way now that she's older? That's Hollywood.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Jane looks great but she's had heaps of surgery over the years.
    What a dumbass.
    snoopqueen likes this.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    But, she's had plastic surgery. She felt the need to fit into a certain mold to get her foot in the door in Hollywood. Now, she thinks it's crazy that they want her to look a certain way now that she's older? That's Hollywood.
    ^^I know, it's all bullshit she's spouting. We all know about the nose job(s) Halle, we've seen Gothika.

Shut up crazy lady. No one wants to hear your babbling.
    Trixie likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Yeah, she's had a nosejob, but I think she's referring to the pressure to stay young, facelifts and stuff. And she's just ignorant about Fonda who's had tons of stuff done to look younger.
    qwerty and snoopqueen like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

And it doesn't even work because she is too skinny! Halle still looks good but please ...
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

No amount of plastic surgery is going to fix your ugly inner twat, Halle. Perhaps you should be focusing on that.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Thread Information