Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Danny Masterson Sounds Off on Scientology Movie, Says Haters Can "Go F--k Yourself"

Default Danny Masterson Sounds Off on Scientology Movie, Says Haters Can "Go F--k Yourself"

Danny Masterson sounds off on Scientology hatersCredit: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage
    Tell us how you really feel! Former That ‘70s Show actor, and practicing Scientologist, Danny Masterson sounded off on critics of his religion in a candid (and expletive-filled) interview with Paper magazine conducted at the Sundance Film Festival ahead of the premiere of controversial documentary Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief. Masterson, in short, told the mag that those who think his religion is “weird” can “go f--k” themselves.
    PHOTOS: Fellow Scientologist Tom Cruise
    "I heard about that documentary; the documentary where they interviewed eight people who hate Scientology. Should be pretty interesting. I wonder if Sundance would allow a documentary of, like, eight people who hate Judaism. But you know, my religion's fair game, I guess, 'cause it's new," Masterson told the mag, before going in to detail about his religion and those who frown upon it.
    "There's basically like 200 lies in the book and so therefore he couldn't even publish that book [in Canada or the UK because the libel laws],” he added, referring to Lawrence Wright’s book, which inspired the buzzed-about documentary.
    Masterson, who started practicing the religion at age 8, went on to explain that it’s hard to explain Scientology to those who haven’t read founder L. Ron Hubbard’s book Dianetics. Essentially, he says, “Everything in Scientology is just based on logic…the word Scientology means the study of knowledge.”
    PHOTOS: Celebs fight back
    “There’s nothing else to it,” he adds. “It’s literally just that.” When it comes to his “personal relationship” with founder Hubbard, Masterson candidly added: “He’s a f--king guy who wrote awesome s--t that I love studying.”
    After explaining the roots of the religion, Masterson then got into the battle between Scientology and psychiatry, and, not to mention, former follower Paul Haggis, who left the church on account of gay marriage.
    “You will not find a Scientologist who does not f--king hate psychiatrists,” he sounded off. “Because their solution for mental and spiritual problems is drugs. So let's talk about putting a Band-Aid on something that's just going to get worse and worse and worse…[where as] Scientology handles those things, those mental problems that people have. It gets rid of them. It gets rid of them by that person doing it for themselves. That's the solution to depression, not f--king Prozac.”
    As for Haggis, Masterson said his anger “had nothing to do with Scientology.”
    PHOTOS: Sundance 2015
    “[It’s] so stupid. What Paul was angry at made perfect sense, but it had nothing to do with Scientology,” he explained. “Paul was just mad that, as a religion, we're not going to come out and say that we are for or against anything, which is a political matter…It’s like, ‘We have no opinion in the world of politics. We are a religion.’”
    The interview with the magazine was a first for Masterson, who said he had yet to openly discuss his philosophy before. But, it likely won’t be the last.
    “I love doing it and have no problem doing it,” he concluded. "I work, I have a family and I'm a spiritual being who likes to understand why things happen in the world and want to learn more so that I can have them not affect me adversely. So if that's weird, then, well, you can go f—k yourself

Read more: Danny Masterson to Scientology Haters: "Go F--k Yourself" - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I really liked him and his brother but they really are drinking the kool aid. I wish they would just leave this fucking cult.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yep I loved Hyde so it's really too bad he's a crazy C0$bot.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Well that'll convert a shitload of people.
    nwgirl and firebrat1229 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I really liked him and his brother but they really are drinking the kool aid. I wish they would just leave this fucking cult.
    They were born into it, but that's really no excuse for not thinking for yourself. Plenty of Catholics and Christians were born into it and thought enough for themselves to to distance themselves a bit or leave entirely.
    Kittylady likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Makes me sad reading this.

Sounds to me like Hyde needs some f---king Prozac.
    greysfang and Wilson like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

So all of the abuse, harassment, intimidation, and isolation that the non-celebs experience in the Sea Org and all their sub-groups is just made up for kicks, right?

The book explained how celeb sceinos are shielded from all that, but that they could easily look into it if they had the spine. Tom Cruise is particularly called out for all of the abuse that has happened in his name/for his benefit -- exhaustive free labor and essential imprisonment for any act that Miscavige deems not kowtowing to Tom or him. Really sickening stuff.

And what body thetans and e-meters have to do with LOGIC or SCIENCE, Danny fucking Masterson needs to explain to me.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

If Danny was born into it, surely he has experienced the conditions non-celebs are subjected to. But maybe that's all forgotten now that he's being treated well.

“Everything in Scientology is just based on logic…the word Scientology means the study of knowledge.”
    Actually, "epistemology" is the study of knowledge. Gotta love how Scientologists think that nobody was studying about the nature of knowledge itself until L. Ron came along......

Scientology handles those things, those mental problems that people have. It gets rid of them. It gets rid of them by that person doing it for themselves. That's the solution to depression, not f--king Prozac.”
    What is Scientology's position on the treatment of schizophrenia, which is typically treated by psychiatrists? Does Scientology actually think there is a program for treating that?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Actually, "epistemology" is the study of knowledge. Gotta love how Scientologists think that nobody was studying about the nature of knowledge itself until L. Ron came along......

What is Scientology's position on the treatment of schizophrenia, which is typically treated by psychiatrists? Does Scientology actually think there is a program for treating that?
    I think they treat it with vitamins and sweat lodges. And I'm only half-kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    They try
    Death of Elli Perkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I think they treat it with vitamins and sweat lodges. And I'm only half-kidding.
    Scary:

While emphasizing that the CCHR is a “secular commission,” David Figueroa, president of the group’s Florida chapter and a practicing Scientologist, states that mental illness, as defined by the psychiatric community, does not exist. For instance, he says, bucking the world’s medical textbooks, “there is zero amount of proof that schizophrenia exists as a singular mental illness.”

That's what they do, they take half the story and twist it. There is serious debate if schizophrenia is ONE illness or multiple separate disorders (and newer research seems to indicate the latter) , but those Co$ fucks just twist everything to make it mean something else.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information