Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Jack White doesn't like bananas

Default Jack White doesn't like bananas

Jack White furious after students publish his $80k fee and list of demands - including a ban on BANANAS anywhere in the building

• Jack White's backstage demands for a performance at the University of Oklahoma were published by the student newspaper
    • It was also made clear there should be no bananas anywhere in the building
    • White was angry with the paper as they also revealed his $80,000 fee for the performance

By CHRIS SPARGO FOR DAILYMAIL.COMPUBLISHED: 21:03, 7 February 2015 | UPDATED: 14:47, 8 February 2015

Jack White is incredibly serious when it comes to his music, and even more serious when it comes to his guacamole and bananas.The much admired American musician made an appearance at University of Oklahoma this week and, after getting their hands on his contract for the evening, the student newspaper decided to let the world know all of White's crazy demands and backstage needs before he gets out on stage.It turns out however, that White may be one of the easiest stars ever when it comes to demands, asking for little and even skipping out on alcohol all together, but stressing one thing above all - that his homemade guacamole recipe is made just how he likes it.That and that there be no bananas anywhere in the building. Scroll down for video+3Jack White's (above) backstage demands for a performance at the University of Oklahoma were published by the student newspaper+3The artist (seen above at the Oklahoma performance) asked for very little, and no alcohol, but did demand his guacamole be made just how he likes it and wrote out the recipeWhite's amazing guacamole recipe from his rider

The Oklahoma Daily seemed less interested in then guacamole than in White was being paid that evening though, writing; 'White in the contract is guaranteed $80,000 versus the right to receive 90 percent of the amount earned from ticket sales, which have a net potential of a little over $147,000.'They did however attach the contract, which breaks down how White's guacamole is made.It starts with 8 'large, ripe Haas avocados' which are cut in chunks and combined with four 'vine-ripened tomatoes' diced, half of a chopped yellow onion, a bunch of chopped cilantro, four Serrano peppers that are both 'de-veined and chopped' and some salt and pepper to taste.This then gets gently mixed, so as not to mush up the avocados, and then covered with the avocado pits and the juice of half of a lime so the mixture does not brown.White suggests that it be made early, but not to early, and tossed in the refrigerator.The rider also states this is a 'no banana tour,' and then adds; 'We don't want to see bananas anywhere in the building.' Jack White performs Would You Fight for My Love? on Ellen+3The White Stripes frontman (above with Meg White) was upset the college published his $80,000 feeSpeaking of White, he was none too happy to have his rider go public, and a member of his team let it be known in a letter on his website. It said: 'The most important function of a rider is that it lays out optimal technical specifications to ensure the audience has the best experience possible. For that, Jack hires a team of very qualified touring professionals who write the rider and attempt to execute a professional and pleasant experience for all involved.'The letter the said; 'Part of that is making sure that the tour personnel of about 30 people plus the local venue staff are fed. Contrary to what some believe, Jack doesnít write the rider nor make demands about his favorite snacks that must be in his dressing room.'Most importantly however, this letter makes one thing clear above all else.'We recommend you try Laloís guacamole recipe,' says the author. 'Itís delicious.'Read more: Jack White furious after University of Oklahoma students publish his rider | Daily Mail Online
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'm with him on the banana thing. I detest them and the smell of them gags me.
    Oddly, though, banana bread (without nuts) is my favorite dessert in the world.
    BITTER and spinmonkey like this.

I wonder if he'd know if they didn't use a butter knife.
    kersalli and spinmonkey like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

That's interesting about putting the pits back in to prevent from browning. I thought the lime juice took care of that.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I hate bananas. The smell of them used to make me nauseous, until I had kids who LOVE bananas. Now I'll handle them if I have to, but the texture and smell still gross me out.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Overrated ass.
    witchcurlgirl and Honeythorn like this.

This is a very minor rider and not at all demanding.
    Sassiness, czb, Beeyotch and 3 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

He'd like my guacamole.

I agree, this isn't shit compared to say, Mariah or JLo's rider.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Jack White IS bananas.. hahaha...

8 ripe Avocado's.. Holy moly.. haha where i live Avocado's are BLOODY expensive.. and having to purchase 8 of them would probably destroy the University's budget for the year.. Yikes!

Yep, i'm also with him on the banana thing too.. i just.don't.like.them.

But i can see why the band are angry about the rider being made public.. surely this is meant to be a private agreement between the band and the venue?

Banana haterz! To ban them from the entire building is just funny. Did they have a banana patrol do a sweep?
    Drive-by poster

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    That's interesting about putting the pits back in to prevent from browning. I thought the lime juice took care of that.
    i think it's an urban legend. i started doing it and then stopped becuase i didn't notice any difference. and lime juice works fine. besides, if your guac is turning brown you're doing it wrong because WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS DOESN'T EAT ALL THE GUACAMOLE BEFORE IT EVEN HAS A CHANCE TO BROWN?they made the jackamole over at buzzfeed. apparently it's quite good. uses the same ingredients i do but i think it needs more avocado and less tomato, and less chunks. and homegirl needs to learn how to dice tomatoes and how to chop her onions and cilantro way more finely. also, i always add a dash of cumin in my guac. yummy. http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisen...ood#.puKb4ZDbj
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

guac-i-festo!
    sluce, sputnik and CornFlakegrl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think it's an urban legend.
    Myth number four on the list.
    http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.c...ebunking/?_r=0
    sputnik likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Pretty standard guac recipe I think, I use red onion though and maybe a few drops of tabasco. Maybe I'll try cumin next time, thanks, sput.
    sputnik likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

That's a lotta cilantro.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information