Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By *DIVA!

Thread: Rosie O'Donnell Leaving The View and left another wife

Default Rosie O'Donnell Leaving The View and left another wife

So happy they adopted another child in 2013...

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/rosie-odon...021749770.html

Rosie O'Donnell is leaving The View.

She will leave the ABC show next week to focus on her family, following a split from wife Michelle Rounds, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Next week will be her final on the show.

"Rosie is an immensely talented star who comes in each and every morning brimming with ideas, excitement and passion for the show," an ABC rep said in a statement to THR. "When she told us that she wanted to exit The View, we respected and understood her desire to put her well-being and her family first. We’re delighted she’s still part of the ABC family with upcoming guest appearances on The Fosters. And we know she’ll return to The View often with her unique point of view and updates on her work and her family."

Page Six broke the news.

More to come...
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

I'm really surprised at both pieces of news.

I haven't watched this show once since the new season started but it seems they really need to put it out of its misery.

As for Rosie, sorry but the girl's got issues. I'm a little surprised she can just exit like that though, didn't she have a contract for one season at least?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She seems to have very manic moments in her life of very high highs and very low lows. I think if her love life is going well everything else falls in line and when it falls apart she lets everything fail as well.
    msdeb, sluce, dallison and 1 others like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'm sure the rest of the staff from the view are upset that she's leaving

Gold Member

Good to see her sense of humour remains intact; and her wife looks like Julie Newmar, the best TV Catwoman, in my humble opinion:

Rosie O'Donnell cracks jokes about split with wife, 'View' departure in first appearance since news she's leaving daytime gig

Rosie O'Donnell jokes about split with wife, 'View' exit - NY Daily News

The comic poked fun at her career and home-life upheaval and ragged on NBC's Brian Williams. 'Will that deflect from my divorce?' she asked the audience Friday after a screening of her standup special at the Athena Film Festival.

BY OLIVER COLEMAN , DENIS SLATTERY
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Saturday, February 7, 2015, 7:33 PM

RICHARD CORKERY/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    In 2012 Rosie O'Donnell (right) showed off Michelle Rounds’ engagement ring. Now, the two have split and O’Donnell has left 'The View,' but she's able to joke about the news.
    Rosie O’Donnell doesn’t know why her marriage fell apart, but she’s ready to joke about it.
    “Don’t ask,” the star said Saturday with a shrug after an uptown screening of an hour-long standup special at the Athena Film Festival.
    It was the funny lady’s first public appearance since the double-barrel bombshell announcement Friday that O’Donnell would be leaving “The View” and had split with her second wife Michelle Rounds.
    O’Donnell joked about her career and home-life upheaval by mentioning that she’s now single and ragging on embattled “NBC Nightly News” host Brian Williams, asking the audience, “Will that deflect from my divorce?”
    The comedienne returned to her standup roots with the show, “Rosie O'Donnell: A Heartfelt Stand Up,” which will air on HBO on Valentine’s Day. The standup segments, which include some references to Rounds, were filmed in December before a live audience at Levity Live, a comedy club in Nyack.
    LOU ROCCO/ABC
    O’Donnell hugs it out with (from left) Rosie Perez, Whoopi Goldberg and Nicolle Wallace of 'The View.'
    O’Donnell will have plenty of time to work on new material after her departure from her daytime gig.
    Sources say ABC execs are in no rush to name a replacement for O’Donnell, 52, who said through a spokeswoman that she was leaving to focus on her family.
    The network has been trying to reinvent “The View” since Barbara Walters, who created the show in 1997, retired in May.
    The show will likely rely on a revolving door of guest hosts to fill the void left by O’Donnell’s departure.
    LOU ROCCO/ABC
    Sources say ABC execs are in no rush to name a replacement for O’Donnell, 52.
    ABC representatives touted ratings data Saturday that show “The View” has been enjoying a decent jump over its rival “The Talk” in recent weeks.
    The talk show is outperforming its CBS competition in key demographics including the target audience of women ages 18-49.
    Bosses at ABC believe O’Donnell will be back . . . as a guest.
    “We know she’ll return to ‘The View’ often with her unique point of view and updates on her work and her family,” the network said in a statement Friday.
    DANIEL BOCZARSKI/GETTY IMAGES
    Rosie O'Donnell (right) and her second wife Michelle Rounds have called it quits.
    O’Donnell’s short stint on the show, her second time as a regular host on the program, was fraught with tension as she often feuded on-air with co-host Whoopi Goldberg and conservative pundit Nicolle Wallace.
    Rumors swirled in recent weeks that “Glee” actress Naya Rivera would be joining the show after a series of guest spots.
    Rivera was said to be in the running to replace Rosie Perez, who took time off last month to rehearse for her role in Larry David's upcoming Broadway play “Fish in the Dark.” But Perez returned to her chair full-time last week.
    Heartbroken O’Donnell fans took to the star's Facebook page to lament the sudden news that she would be leaving her daytime gig.
    “You are strong and will get through this,” Deb Rhodes posted on a photo that O'Donnell shared of daughter Dakotah Saturday. “We all love and support you. Family first.”

Not quite sure what her whole stand up show is about, but I caught snippets of it on some channel I was flipping through recently. She seemed.......needy. And angry.

The thought popped into my head that she was trying to do what Ellen did a few years after her big downfall after she came out with her (Ellen's) HBO special. Like, realign herself with fans?

Rosie, IMO, just doesn't have the same warmth and every-day personage that Ellen has. She's so polarized to me. And I don't watch the View or pay attention to her either way.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Rosie O'Donnell

I'm Officially Done with This Marriage

... Divorce Papers Filed

2/27/2015 4:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

breaking news
    Rosie O'Donnell filed divorce papers Friday ... 3 weeks after announcing she and Michelle Rounds were splitting.
    Rosie filed in Manhattan, and in the docs she calls the marriage "an irretrievably broken relationship." The papers also reveal they have a prenup, according to People ... which first reported the filing.
    In the docs, O'Donnell says they've been separated since November.
    She dropped the bombshell of their break-up at the same time she first revealed she was leaving "The View."
    Michelle and Rosie have been sharing custody of their 2-year-old daughter, Dakota since separating.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Thread Information