• 1 Post By Belt Up
  • 1 Post By Brah
  • 1 Post By Belt Up
  • 4 Post By stef
  • 1 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By KrisNine

Thread: Wes Cage: 'I Was Digging My Grave' with Substance Abuse

Default Wes Cage: 'I Was Digging My Grave' with Substance Abuse

Since welcoming son Lucian Augustus with wife Danielle last year, Wes Cagehas been soaking up every moment with his new family.
    It’s a stark contrast from the dramatic headlines that used to follow Nicolas Cage‘s elder son — a bloody fight with his former trainer, a messy split from exNikki Williams — and one that he welcomes wholeheartedly after a tough battle with substance abuse.

“It got to the point where people thought I was digging my grave,” he tells PEOPLE exclusively about his journey to sobriety. “Lucian’s saved both of our lives, and we are very blessed to have him. It’s just a very joyous time right now.”

Drinking multiple cases of beer, a box of wine, hard liquor and taking pills throughout a single day at his lowest point, Cage, 24, quit alcohol cold turkey after landing in the hospital in 2012 after suffering from a severe withdrawal.

PAMELA LITTKY

At the time, his first marriage to Williams was ending, and Cage met Danielle, also 24, shortly after through mutual friends.
    “When I met him, he was on his way to getting sober,” Danielle tells PEOPLE. “I could see he was trying so hard to make [his marriage] work even though he wasn’t being appreciated.
    My first bit of advice to him is you need someone who loves you as much as you love them.”

The new parents — who tied the knot in England in 2013 — now live a low-key life with Lucian, 7 months, in Los Angeles.

“Spending time with both of them is peaceful,” says Danielle. “We can be doing anything, and as long as we’re doing it together, it’s perfect.”
    Adds Cage: “I want him to know what real guitar playing is, so I play Spanish music for him. We just spend skin-to-skin contact time and listen to flamenco music … he loves it.”

Cage, who is estranged from his mother Christina Fulton, also keeps in close contact with dad Nicolas, 51.
    “Weston is what I call the total artist,” the actor tells PEOPLE. “He can do things I dream about doing … compose music, sing, act, sculpt and cook and now he is a loving father. To see my son with my grandson is as close to a sense of blissful completion I ever had.”

For Cage, the easiest part of staying sober has been wanting to be the best for his family. “Having the combination of Danielle and Lucian and my father in my life, just that trinity right there, basically is going to keep me here,” he says.

PAMELA LITTKY

For more on Cage’s road to sobriety and for exclusive photos of baby Lucian, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands now.
    – Melody Chiu

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2015/02/06/wes-cage-substance-abuse-sober-son-lucian/

lovely story but sorry... who is he?
    Kittylady likes this.

He's 24? A baby doesn't "save" you. It's the other way round.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

He's a creepy looking sod whoever he is.
    Wilson likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

That's Nicolas Cage's kid right? Didn't he used to be hot? He looks like a werewolf mid-change. I didn't even bother reading the article, who cares about this one.

Edit: I question my past taste because Google is telling me, No, he did not used to be hot.
    Angeli likes this.

Brah likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

well, he definitely looked better without perfectly blended smokey eye shadow.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    He looks like a werewolf mid-change.

My new favorite description!
    Brah likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I don't think substance abuse was his only issue....thought he suffered from pretty significant mental illness, unless I'm confusing him with someone else. There was domestic violence and shit with his previous piece, as well.
    Anyway, he's not smiling in any of these. He gives me a real bad vibe.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

babies look so cute in jeans.

He would have been a pretty girl.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

He's got really pretty eyes.
    gas_chick likes this.

That's what I was gonna say Kris. Gorgeous blue. Hopefully he keeps his shit together.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information