Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Lance Armstrong Confirms Missing Nut; Blames Girlfriend for Hitting Parked Cars

Default Lance Armstrong Confirms Missing Nut; Blames Girlfriend for Hitting Parked Cars

Police: Lance Armstrong hit parked cars after partying in Aspen, blamed girlfriend

Police originally cited Armstrong's girlfriend, Anna Hansen, after the Dec. 28 accident, but those citations were transferred to Armstrong on Jan. 12 after a police investigation raised doubts about Hansen's account.

It’s not about the bike — it’s about the SUV and the parked cars.
    Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong allegedly hit two parked cars after a night of partying in Aspen — and tried to put the rap on his girlfriend to avoid negative press, the Aspen Daily News reported Tuesday.
    Police in the Colorado ski town issued two Armstrong traffic citations last month for failing to report an accident and exceeding safe speed for conditions. Police originally cited Armstrong's girlfriend, Anna Hansen, after the Dec. 28 accident, but those citations were transferred to Armstrong on Jan. 12 after a police investigation raised doubts about Hansen's account.
    Hansen allegedly lied when asked by police if Armstrong had been drinking.
    An Aspen homeowner told authoriies on Dec. 29 that relatives' rental cars had been damaged in a hit-and-run accident the night before, according to a police report. Police later contacted Hansen after a community safety officer saw an SUV owned by Armstrong had suffered significant front-end damage.
    Hansen met with police at the home she shares with Armstrong later that day, telling investigators that she drove the GMC home from an Aspen Art Museum party because her boyfriend had “a little bit to drink.”
    The police issued the two citations to Hansen, who said she had not been drinking that night.
    But her story fell apart after an investigator spoke to an employee of the valet company who worked the art museum event at the St. Regis Aspen Resort. The employee told police that he saw Armstrong enter the driver's side of the vehicle and drive away from the hotel.
    When an officer spoke again with Hansen and told her about the valet's account, she said she told Armstrong to get in the passenger seat after a stop at a local market.
    The Aspen homeowner who originally reported the accident also raised questions about Hansen's version of events. The homeowner told police that Hansen got out of the car after the crash and assumed responsibility.
    “She said, ‘I’m Anna, we’re the Armstrongs, my husband’s Lance, he was just driving too fast around the corner or something,’” the report said. Hansen later told police she did not know that she was required to report the accident.
    But Hansen came clean after she was questioned again by police on Dec. 31, following their interviews with witnesses. She told an investigator that it was Armstrong who had been driving when the SUV hit the parked cars.
    Hansen said she and Armstrong agreed together that she should take responsibility.
    “That was a joint decision,” she said. “You know we've had our family named smeared over every paper in the world in the last couple of years and honestly, I've got teen-agers, I just wanted to protect my family because I thought, ‘Gosh, Anna Hansen hit some cars, it’s not going to show up in the papers, but Lance Armstrong his some cars, it's going to be a national story.’”
    Hansen told police Armstrong was not intoxicated when he drove home from the St. Regis that night.
    “He was not intoxicated, and that was um, you know, I’m sorry I lied to you that morning but I was trying to make (it) sound like, well, I was driving because that was, just, I don't know … I was just trying to make something up at that time.”
    Pitkin County deputy district attorney Andrea Bryan told the Aspen Daily Newsthat Hansen will not be charged with filing a false report because she came forward with the truth quickly and was cooperative with police.
    “The policy of our office is to encourage all witnesses to tell the truth, and if witnesses lived in fear of being prosecuted for coming forward after making a mistake, we would rarely, if ever, get the full truth from our victims or witnesses," she said.
    Armstrong is scheduled to appear in court on March 17. His lawyer, Denver attorney Pamela Mackey, told police that Armstrong did not want to speak to authorities about the incident.

Another esteemed graduate of the Halle Berry driving academy....
    Brookie likes this.

Elite Member

Pitkin County deputy district attorney Andrea Bryan told the Aspen Daily Newsthat Hansen will not be charged with filing a false report because she came forward with the truth quickly and was cooperative with police.
    “The policy of our office is to encourage all witnesses to tell the truth, and if witnesses lived in fear of being prosecuted for coming forward after making a mistake, we would rarely, if ever, get the full truth from our victims or witnesses," she said.
    Armstrong is scheduled to appear in court on March 17. His lawyer, Denver attorney Pamela Mackey, told police that Armstrong did not want to speak to authorities about the incident.

She told the truth because there were witnesses who saw what really happened & the police confronted her with the truth. She did not make a mistake, she deliberately lied, and gave false information regarding an accident.
    Aren't they just dating? How are they the Armstrongs??

Hit By Ban Bus!

He is such a dickwad. My guess is, he probably WAS drunk, and this way they couldn't bust him for a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Another esteemed graduate of the Halle Berry driving academy....
    Could be worse. He could have attended Vince Neil's Driving School......
    Charmed Hour likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^
    witch! where have you been?

my friend posted on facebook earlier that it took no balls to do this.
    i replied that, technically, it took one.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

One ball! Nice one.

i was just being a ski bum. Then when I got back reality hit, I was so freaking busy.
    sluce likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

czb

glad you are back! we missed you!
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Thanks babe

i'm jealous. where did you go? i've been wanting to go all winter but my boss will kill anyone who asks for time off in the next few months.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Mont Tremblant. Really great but freezing. We always go there in January, completely insane 20+ year old tradition.

Nice. I learned to ski there when I was a little kid.

czb

have never been there. how was the snow?

Elite Member

Lying to the police, drunk driving (supposedly), blaming the accident on his girlfriend, lying throughout his career, bullying people who tried to call him out, involving his son in his lies, serial cheating. Does this man have any redeeming qualities?

He can ride a bike?
    czb and Nevan like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information