Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Karl Lagerfeld Hates Ugly People and Hasn't Seen His Sister in 40 Years

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Karl Lagerfeld Hates Ugly People and Hasn't Seen His Sister in 40 Years

Let's All Marvel at These Insane Karl Lagerfeld Quotes

Jordan SargentFriday 1:55pm

The New York Times Magazine has a fantastic story up today about a male model named Brad Kroenig, who has been a muse and (platonic) companion to legendary fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld for over a decade. The story follows Kroenig, pictured above, and Lagerfeld to a runway show in Dubai, and provides us with utterly incredible Lagerfeld quotes and anecdotes along the way.

For instance, here is Lagerfeld succinctly explaining why he travels with a small group of young, extremely attractive male models:
    "I hate ugly people," Lagerfeld told me. "Very depressing."
    (Same.)

At one point in the story, writer Irina Aleksander, Lagerfeld, Kroenig and Kroenig's young son Hudson—a Lagerfeld model himself—meet at an airport to take a private plane to Dubai. Lagerfeld arrived in good spirits but was quickly deflated by the size of the private jets splayed out across the runway.
    "Hello!" Lagerfeld said. He glanced at the field of small planes and frowned.

In the back of the private plane, a bed had been arranged for Lagerfeld. When Hudson, Kroenig's five year old son, noticed Lagerfeld's bed, he asked where he was going to be allowed to sleep. To that question, Lagerfeld responded:
    "You sleep on your seat, darling," Lagerfeld replied in his heavy German accent. "I have to arrive fresh, you don't have to. Don't be selfish."

At a lunch the day after, Lagerfeld gave Hudson a printer for his Polaroid camera. Lagerfeld has one too, and according to Aleksander, he printed a photo of his Siamese cat while Hudson printed one of his own face.

That prompted Lagerfeld to deliver the following statement about selfies, the greatness of which you must acknowledge even if you disagree:
    "I hate selfies," Lagerfeld said. "Don't use your film for ugly purpose."

When Aleksander describes Kroenig's house, we are reminded of one of Karl Lagerfeld's best-known eccentricities:
    A fax machine sits in the corner — until a few years ago, Lagerfeld communicated with friends only by fax

Later in the story, we're set in a room where Lagerfeld is overseeing fitting for the clothes Hudson will model on the runway.

This scene is just perfect:
    Lagerfeld presided at a table at the far end of the room. When Hudson was sent out in a long white tunic and pointed Aladdin-like shoes, Lagerfeld leapt out of his seat.

"Ah, our little prince!" Lagerfeld said. "But I think he needs much more diamonds."

Don't we all?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Diet-Coke.html

EXCLUSIVE: 'I have no family,' designer Karl Lagerfeld has declared. But his secret American SISTER isn't hurt she hasn't seen him in 45 years - and would welcome him to her rural home town to share a Diet Coke

• German-born designer, 81, told New York Times his entourage is his real family and were 'sons, without the unpleasant obligations sons create'
    • But he actually has sister in Connecticut who follows his career avidly and remains fiercely proud of his achievements
    • Christiane Johnson, 83, treasures pictures and letters from the designer and tells Daily Mail Online: 'I enjoy looking at the clothes'
    • She hasn't seen him since the 1970s but remembers when he arrived in small town Portland, CT, in black limousine
    • Says she would love to see him again and let him get to know her grandchildren who have never met him but adds: 'I know he's busy.'
    • He wrote in letter to her that it was 'incredible' he was still working

By Ben Ashford For Dailymail.com In Portland, Connecticut
    Published: 14:26 EST, 21 January 2015 | Updated: 16:42 EST, 21 January 2015

He is the legendary fashion designer who this week icily declared: 'I have no family.'

Multi-millionaire Karl Lagerfeld said that he saw his entourage of male models as his real 'family' - and that although he had a sister in the United States, he suggested they had no relationship.

But in fact the Daily Mail Online can reveal the Chanel designer has a sister living in rural Connecticut who dotes on the fashion icon, and is ready to pop out to get his favorite Coca Cola if he comes to visit.

Christiane Johnson, 83, treasures her younger brother, and although she has not seen him since the 1970s, follows his career with affection - and keeps his achievements in pride of place in her modest home.

The grandmother-of-six pores over magazines for news of his successes and collecting photos and cuttings about his jet set lifestyle.

Family: Baptiste Giabiconi, Karl Lagerfeld, and Brad Kroenig at a French AIDS benefit in 2010. Lagerfeld says his entourage of young male models is his real family - especially his longterm muse, Kroenig, of St Louis, MO

Real family: Christiane Johnson, of Portland, Connecticut, lives modestly but is actually Lagerfeld's closest family member - and keeps in touch with him while following his brilliant fashion career

Paris-based Lagerfeld, 81 - worth an estimated $125 million - told The New York Times last week that he prefers his entourage of male models to his relatives.

He said: 'I see them like family. I have no family at all, so it's good to have, like, sons but without the unpleasant problems sons can create.

'It's a choice, it's not an obligation. There's a big difference. I have a sister in America who I haven't seen for 40 years. Her children never even send me a Christmas card.'

But for his sister, it is just how the brother she is proud of is - and she is not taking it as a slight.

Mrs Johnson, 83, remains hopeful that her brother will one day visit her blue collar hometown of Portland to meet his great nieces and nephews for the first time.

Speaking from her two-bed $260,000 home beside the Connecticut River, Mrs Johnson told Daily Mail Online: 'I enjoy looking through the magazines and looking at the clothes - I've never worn any of them.

'I haven't seen him since the 1970s but people bring me articles and I keep them all.

'I'm not angry, I know he's really busy. He lives over there and I live here - it's just one of those things.

'I have the phone number for his kitchen but that doesn't do me any good. Then there's the six-hour time difference.

Full Article:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Diet-Coke.html
    Last edited by dougie; January 21st, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

Elite Member

I like Kunty Karl as much as anyone, but he seems like such a cruel person to know in real life. And a racist by all accounts.
    rollo likes this.

If he hates ugly people and finds them depressing, then I surmise he keeps no mirrors in his home.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

A*O

The New York Times Magazine has a fantastic story up today about a male model named Brad Kroenig, who has been a muse and (platonic) companion to legendary fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld for over a decade.
    Pshyeah, right.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Aw, that's sad. It wouldn't hurt for him to pay for his family to come over.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

i love kunty karl. no apologies.
    effie2 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

He looks like an uptight prick.

He is an ugly person, inside and out.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

"I hate selfies," Lagerfeld said. "Don't use your film for ugly purpose."
    Has anyone explained to him that you don't need film for an iPhone?
    Kathie_Moffett, Linne and redcat like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    If he hates ugly people and finds them depressing, then I surmise he keeps no mirrors in his home.
    Right? Looking like a cross between one of those hideous fairy tale gnomes and an old gay hooker. He is ugly. And he's a racist too? Fuck him, fuck him right in the ass.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Has anyone explained to him that you don't need film for an iPhone?
    He's old, he probably still calls internet The Internet.

The World Wide Web I believe.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    He is an ugly person, inside and out.
    maybe. but he's also wickedly smart and hilarious and bitchy. and we'd be bored to death if everyone in the world was fucking nice. i love the eccentrics - even the evil fat shaming fashion queens.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If you read the article, he says "film" because he gave the little boy a Polaroid and that's what the kid was using to take selfies.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I love Kunty Karl too. He doesn't give a fuck. But it is kind of sad that he doesn't keep in touch with his sister.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information