Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Marilyn Monroe Named the Newest Face of Max Factor

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Marilyn Monroe Named the Newest Face of Max Factor

Marilyn Monroe announced as new face of Max Factor | Daily Mail Online

Some STILL like it hot! Marilyn Monroe announced as new face of Max Factor - despite being dead for 53 years

• Silver-screen actress will be 'global glamour ambassador' for the brand
    • Campaign will emphasise role make-up played in starlet's transformation
    • Blonde actress, real name Norma Jeane Mortenson, died in 1962, aged 36

By Steph Cockroft for MailOnline
    Published: 01:42 EST, 5 January 2015 | Updated: 04:46 EST, 5 January 2015

She may have been dead for more than half a century, but Hollywood's most sought-after blonde is still very much in demand.

Max Factor has announced that Marilyn Monroe will be the new face of the make-up brand - despite her death in 1962.

As the brand's 'global glamour ambassador', she will take the starring role in this year's advertising campaigns.

Max Factor has announced that silver-screen starlet Marilyn Monroe (left and right) will be the new face of the make-up brand - despite having died in 1962

The adverts will emphasise the role that make-up played in Monroe's transformation, during which she cemented her reputation as one of the west's most enduring sex symbols

The adverts will emphasise the role that make-up played in Monroe's transformation, from mousy Norma Jeane Mortenson to the red-lipped, platinum-haired bombshell which cemented her reputation as one of the west's most enduring sex symbols.
    The glamorous actress, who died at the age of 36, was a Max Factor client in the 40s, when the American brand catered for silver-screen starlets from its beauty parlour in Hollywood Boulevard.
    Earlier this year, Gwyneth Paltrow was transformed into a modern interpretation of Marilyn Monroe in celebration of the 1940s and to continue the brand's Hollywood legacy.

Other faces of the brand have included Madonna and supermodel Gisele Bundchen.
    Pat McGrath, from Max Factor, told The Daily Telegraph: 'Marilyn made the sultry red lip, creamy skin and dramatically lined eyes the most famous beauty look of the Forties, and it's a look that continues to dominate the beauty and fashion industry.
    'It is the ultimate look that defines glamour - nothing else compares.'

The actress (pictured left in Seven Year Itch and right in River Of No Return) will be the brand's 'global glamour ambassador'

Last year, Monroe was ranked as sixth in the Forbes magazine's annual list of the highest-earning dead celebrities. She makes an estimated 11m a year.
    The rights to Monroe's image belong to the Authentic Brands Group, a licensing company which helped develop Monroe-branded spas and nail salons, as well as a clothing line for teenage girls at U.S department store Macy's.
    Her real name Norma Jeane Mortenson, Marilyn was 36 when she died of a barbiturate overdose in 1962.
    She was married to the baseball star Joe DiMaggio and the playwright Arthur Miller, and it has long been claimed she had affairs with President John F Kennedy and his brother Robert.
    However, her last years were marked by illness and personal trauma. It has never been proved conclusively whether her death was a suicide or an accident.

Marilyn Monroe announced as new face of Max Factor | Daily Mail Online

Considering this is what her image is now does anyone really care?

"A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

She is being exploited as usual but that's nothing new. I'd rather her than the horrifically unglamorous Madge.
    HeartShapedBox likes this.

Silver Member

Does that mean Max Factor will be sold in the US again? It vanished off our store shelves over 10 years go.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Her over made up, blowsy barmaid mug would actually put me off the brand. I am well aware that my distaste of all things MM is not shared by many.
    Dorahacky and JerriBlank like this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

What are they planning to do, dig her up and demonstrate how Max Factor makeup can even transform an old corpse?
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Most of the pics I've seen of her were exactly like the first, with that huge smile that looks like she's gonna inhale you. But that's a typical expression in lots of photo shoots, chicks put on that huge, open, laughing smile that looks so put-on. Kinda like Twisty but not really.

So are they going to use old pictures and show us how with the help of photoshop you can look great? I don't get it.

So who buys Max Factor makeup?

On the bright side, it's not a Kardashian or Jenner.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    Her over made up, blowsy barmaid mug would actually put me off the brand. I am well aware that my distaste of all things MM is not shared by many.
    I've never, ever seen her appeal. She wasn't ugly or completely untalented, but I've never understood the massive stan loyalty she generates.
    Angeli and NickiDrea like this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    So are they going to use old pictures and show us how with the help of photoshop you can look great? I don't get it.
    Me too, I dont get how they will use her to sell today's make up.
    BelledeJour and ConstanceSpry like this.

She was captivating on screen IMO. She was one of those rare actors you can't take your eyes off. She's also instantly recognisable and ageless. I can see the appeal.
    stef, Lalasnake, arie_skop and 2 others like this.

Eh, most of her best work was done on her back.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

They should try to be more original. If you want to use a crazy dead actress to shill make up go with Frances Farmer.
    LaFolie likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information