Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow, no to alcohol, caffeine, added sugar, gluten, dairy, soy and corn...

Default Gwyneth Paltrow, no to alcohol, caffeine, added sugar, gluten, dairy, soy and corn...

Just say no to alcohol, caffeine, added sugar, gluten, dairy, soy and corn... Gwyneth Paltrow reveals 'simple but tough' detox plan (starting with a colonic)

• Actress reveals details of annual detox on Goop website
    • Provides seven day meal plan and recipes
    • Bans alcohol, caffeine, added sugar and dairy
    • Said detoxing can eliminate excess weight as well as harmful toxins
    • Recommends complementing diet with spa treatments

Published: 09:46 EST, 2 January 2015

If you're planning to detox this January and need some advice then look no further than the queen of lean, Gwyneth Paltrow.
    The actress turned health guru has famously tried a number of detoxes and written a book about her healthy eating habits.
    Now on her lifestyle website Goop, she has revealed the secret to detox success for anyone keen to cut back in 2015.

The website offers a food plan with recipes and explains the benefits of detoxing for those who have made a New Year resolution to get healthy.
    Mother-of-two Gwyneth, 42, writes: 'Okay. Time to give that liver a break. January always signifies detox time for us, and this year is no different.

'The more we research, the more concerned about environmental toxins we become. We asked Bruce Lourie if it would be possible during our annual cleanse to not only drop some accumulated weight, but to get rid of some of the heavy metals, fire retardants, and pesticides in our systems, too (it is!).'

She adds that she recommends a number of wellness centres in the U.S. that have helped her detox in the past.

She said: 'I checked out some spots in Los Angeles to aid and abet us in our attempts: Tikkun, a little day spa in Santa Monica where they take detox to the next level, and The Springs LA, a beautiful new wellness center in a warehouse in downtown LA where the practitioners were remarkable and I grabbed delicious vegan snacks on the way out. I may move in there.

'There is more in the guides online, like Surya Spa, a full Panchakarma healing cleanse I did last spring, which was one of the most intense detoxes of my life (that's saying a lot).'

What you can eat: Hummus is allowed as a snack with rice cakes

She adds that she recommends a number of wellness centres in the U.S. that have helped her detox in the past.
    She said: 'I checked out some spots in Los Angeles to aid and abet us in our attempts: Tikkun, a little day spa in Santa Monica where they take detox to the next level, and The Springs LA, a beautiful new wellness center in a warehouse in downtown LA where the practitioners were remarkable and I grabbed delicious vegan snacks on the way out. I may move in there.
    'There is more in the guides online, like Surya Spa, a full Panchakarma healing cleanse I did last spring, which was one of the most intense detoxes of my life (that's saying a lot).'

For those who can't get to L.A., they can follow Gwyneth's Goop plan.
    The website states that it is a 'simple but tough' detox. Basically, you have avoid all your favourite foods and drinks.
    It explains: 'Just say no to: alcohol, caffeine, added sugar, gluten, dairy, soy, corn, and nightshades (white, blue, red, and yellow potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant).' Easy!
    Other tips for an effective detox include drinking plenty of water ('hot water in the morning is key') and 'getting to the spa for a handful of treatments: Anything that gets the lymphatic system moving is clutch, and IR saunas are particularly great (and effective) as sweat is one of our body's most effective means for flushing toxins.'
    It adds: 'Think about kicking the week off with a colonic - they definitely get things going.'

Gwyneth Paltrow reveals 'simple but tough' detox plan (starting with a colonic) | Daily Mail Online

But she'll say yes to cigarettes.
    Merlot-N-Bali, czb, rollo and 10 others like this.

She'd be fun to hang out with.

And if if she's the paragon of healthy eating she says she is, why the fuck does she need to detox? Do shut up Goopy.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Been reading up on detoxes - basically, they're all weight loss programs. You have organs that detox for you on a daily basis - kidney, liver, skin. If your organs aren't pumping the toxins out of your body, you'd probably die pretty quickly. But it's whatever people will buy, and if they think they're detoxing something (which sounds really good!), then something will sell.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

She brings uptight to a whole new level.
    rollo, Kittylady and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    She'd be fun to hang out with.

And if if she's the paragon of healthy eating she says she is, why the fuck does she need to detox? Do shut up Goopy.
    This.

And also, I'd like to live some of my life while I'm alive. I don't advocate a smack sandwich fried in sadomasochism served with a side of cigarette dipping sauce EVERY DAY, but maybe sometimes. Why be around if you're not enjoying anything?

She's like the ultimate Calvinist.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

I actually thought about doing this because I get the Goop newsletter and I really went overboard on my grandmother's stained glass Christmas cookies. I read Day 1 and as soon as I saw Godzilla Native Juice was what was recommended for breakfast, I just thought, forget it. Where would I even find that, Japan? So I looked up what Godzilla Native Juice ingredients are and it starts with 10 long dandelion leaves and then 9 leaves of lacinato kale. I didn't even know there were different types of kale! Where am I supposed to find long dandelion leaves? As well as the fact that I'd probably need to go to the hospital since I'm allergic to dandelions.
    Why can't she make a detox with ingredients I can buy from ShopRite?
    Linne and Mrs P like this.

Neptunia, just drink a green juice or a green smoothie instead, made with whatever greens are available and that you like. She's probably getting paid to push particular products.

Brookie, I agree 100%. The reason you feel better during a detox is simply because you're not eating the junk that made you feel like crap in the first place. It ain't rocket science. That whole superfood thing bugs the crap out of me, too. A bunch of expensive nonsense. Superfoods will add extra nutrients to your diet, but they aren't better than any other healthy foods.

I wouldn't buy anything that promises me to detox my body, I simply try not to eat stuff pumped with preservatives, on a daily basis - I read the labels.

On occasion cutting back seriously on stuff obviously bad for your body (alcohol, caffeine, sugar for example) is not a bad thing though - only not detoxing but not poisoning your body on purpose and on a grand scale.

The rest is just money making scam.

As usual Goopy is 10% truth, 90% marketing bullshit
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Why does she have to use the royal 'we?' That really bugs me which isn't difficult as far as she is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Neptunia, just drink a green juice or a green smoothie instead, made with whatever greens are available and that you like. She's probably getting paid to push particular products.
    Thanks, I'm going to try that instead. I love kale and spinach, I'm going to look for a recipe for that type of smoothie or juice. I can buy those ingredients when I'm shopping for other things at the grocery store. So much easier than searching for 9 long dandelion leaves.
    Her recipes are ridiculously complicated, I would have to take the week off from work and just shop and chop veggies in order to actually do her detox!

I think this bitch must live on air and self-righteousness!

It's so simple Neptunia.... just go to your local fruit and veggie market. Pick to your hearts' desire.
    Stay away from the aisles that has anything processed. Everything should be fresh and that you can touch with your hands. Nothing processed.That's what you put in your blender to make smoothies with. That's how you detox.
    I personally freeze my bananas to create a frothier smoothie and often add some flax, chia and hemp seeds. Kale is my fav green to add and blueberries are the fav berry. You can experiment! Carrots, lemon,ginger, celery, beets. tumeric, cinnamon, taro, etc etc Go on! try! The worst that can happen is it doesn't taste good so down the drain (or garden) it goes and try again.
    I stopped reading once I got to the words Los Angeles.
    I only need my local market not some glittery hob of celeb uptights
    Linne likes this.

She also doesn't eat humility.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

A*O

I guess it's a sign of the times that people apparently need to be told that eating fresh, unprocessed food and produce is better for you than the usual crap that many people live on.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information