Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Chris Rock Divorcing Wife Of 19 Years

Default Chris Rock Divorcing Wife Of 19 Years

Malaak Compton-Rock and Chris Rock attend the 2nd annual Steve Harvey Foundation Gala at Cipriani, Wall Street on April 4, 2011 in New York City -- Getty Images
    Another longterm Hollywood marriage bites the dust! After nearly two decades of marriage, Chris Rock and wife Malaak announced they are divorcing.
    "Chris Rock has filed for divorce from his wife, Malaak," his attorney Robert S. Cohen said in a statement to People on Sunday. "This is a personal matter and Chris requests privacy as he and Malaak work through this process and focus on their family."
    Malaak also acknowledged the split in a statement to the magazine.
    WATCH: Chris Rock’s Take On Reality TV
    "After much contemplation and 19 years of marriage, Chris and I have decided to go our separate ways," the philanthropist and founder of the nonprofit styleWorks said. "Being fortunate enough to lead a life of service by working with those most vulnerable makes me well aware of life's blessings, even when faced with difficulties.
    "While recognizing that this is a significant change, my children remain at the center of my life and their well-being is my top priority. It is in this spirit that I sincerely ask that their privacy and the privacy of our family be respected during this transition in our lives."
    WATCH: Chris Rock Responsible For Jay Z’s ‘99 Problems’?
    The actor, 49, and Malaak, 45, exchanged vows in 1996. The couple has been residing in New Jersey, where they are raising their two daughters, Lola Simone, 12, and Zahra Savannah, 10.

Source: https://ca.yahoo.com/celebrity/s/chr...213154066.html

That stinks. Wasn't there some kind of crazy phone conversation between Rock and a detective that was recorded and floating around out there? It regarded claims being made by another woman.

She barely looks 19 let alone being married that long.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

I didn't realize they'd been married that long. That's sad.

She's beautiful. I love Chris, but he's supposed to be a huge womanizer who can't keep it in his pants.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I'd never seen his wife before. She's gorgeous.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I've heard a lot about Chris and his college girls. He even talked about it in one of his acts.
    BITTER likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^Wow, I knew he was a cheater, but I didn't know it was with college girls.

I know they were separated once before but reconciled.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

This shit is so disappointing to hear. It's so predictable, but somehow that just makes it worse in my mind. The more examples I hear, it leaves me feeling like all men are like this, given the opportunity.
    Froogy, AquariusMoon and Belt Up like this.

I didn't know he was a cheater. I even read his Reddit AMA recently and he said he turned down an offer from a little person, telling her he was married. I was impressed. I guess I shouldn't have been, and if I were her, I'd be offended!!

From His AMA:

Strangest fan interaction?

I remember a midget girl hit on me one night. She came up to me, at a club, I forget what city - it was getting late - and she asked what hotel I was staying at, and I said I was married, and she said "Can't blame a bitch for trying!" That was funny.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    This shit is so disappointing to hear. It's so predictable, but somehow that just makes it worse in my mind. The more examples I hear, it leaves me feeling like all men are like this, given the opportunity.
    Was thinking the same thing, Beeyotch.. Are there any decent males left in the world? .. sigh..

My goodness, Malaak is a beautiful woman and i wish her and her family all the very best for the future.

Men are only faithful as their options.
    Palermo likes this.

Yes, so of course it is the fault of women who will get with married men. Poor men are so weak. We are so silly to blame them. Of course we must also recognize that women lose their men because the FAILED to satisfy them at home.
    Kittylady, Froogy and nana51 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I do find it interesting that Chris, instead of his wife, filed both times. First, the one that was withdrawn a few years ago. And now the one that he just filed. Sluce, any insight on that? Normally, I would think the aggrieved party would be the one who filed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information