Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Living Saint Angelina Jolie "didn't eat much to support dieting actors of Unbroken"

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Living Saint Angelina Jolie "didn't eat much to support dieting actors of Unbroken"

'She was so thin': Angelina Jolie 'didn't eat much' when she directed Unbroken movie to support dieting actors

Director Angelina Jolie 'didn't eat much' on the set of Unbroken as she wanted to support dieting actors on set, according to Japanese actor Miyavi.
    The star, who plays a ruthless prisoner of war in the brutal film, told RadioTimes.com that the actors playing inmates had to lose a lot of weight to reflect the harsh conditions of life in captivity.
    She showed her support, by abstaining too, with Myavi telling the site: 'She came to the set every day, giving advice to the actors, and she actually didn't eat much [either].
    Scroll down for video

+6

Doing her bit: Angelina Jolie 'didn't eat much' when directing new movie, Unbroken to support dieting actors who were portraying prisoners of war

+6

Firm friends: The director with the actor Miyavi at a photocall for Unbroken in Sydney

'She was so thin because most of the actors were not able to eat because they're prisoners in the prison camp. So she was so close to us.'
    Angelina Jolie's new film Unbroken sees lead actor Jack O'Connell, who is best known for his role in Skins, portray the incredible story of Louis Zamperini.
    The former Olympic star spent 47 days drifting in the Pacific after his plane came down during WWII and was rescued by Japanese troops and imprisoned in a war camp.

+6

Japanese actor Miyavi said: 'She was so thin because most of the actors were not able to eat because they're prisoners in the prison camp. So she was so close to us'

+6

Talking shop: Skins actor Jack O'Connell (pictured) stars as her leading man in the WWII film - he portrays the incredible story of Louis Zamperini who spent two years in a prisoner of war camp

Angelina Jolie says Unbroken can give people hope

Jack added: 'I really respect her professionalism, her attitude towards the creation – she's so determined and passionate. It was intense on set but with her motivation and attitude we were on the same page.'
    The actor revealed that Jolie tried out all of his stunts, which included spending hours supporting the weight of a heavy wooden plank above his head.
    'She did test out all of my stunts before I had to do them. The plank – I’m not sure if that can be regarded as a stunt – but, in any case, she was under it before I turned up on set.

Angelina Jolie promotes new movie Unbroken in Australia

+6

Hero: Louis Zamperini (right) passed away in July this year aged 97 but lived long enough to see a final cut of the film

'I fainted twice. It’s quite a pinnacle moment. I didn’t actually hit the deck – it was one of those faints where my head had gone but my hands were still in front of me.
    'But I had no vision, couldn’t really hear anything and then just gradually gained both of those senses back and then went back under [the plank]. And no surprise, the same problem happened.'
    Louis Zamperini passed away in July this year aged 97 but lived long enough to see a final cut of the film.
    'I heard he liked my hair and my run,' says O'Connell.
    'So as long as those two factors are in place. No acting notes but I guess no news is good news.'
    Unbroken is slated for release on December 26.

+6

Glamorous couple: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt walk the red carpet at the Unbroken world premiere on November 17, 2014 in Sydney, Australia

Read more: Angelina Jolie 'didn't eat much' when she directed Unbroken | Daily Mail Online

That's nice. So what's her excuse for looking like the Crypt Keeper after a crash diet for the last few years before that? I can smell damage control after the bitchy Sony e-mails....
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Hmmm, the director is meant to have a critical eye. S/he is not a method actor! And she hasn't eaten much for years. If an actor said Angelina normally stuffs her face at the craft table now that would be a surprise.
    Kittylady, Sunrider, Mrs P and 4 others like this.

A*O

I really want to hate this bitch but I just can't. She's HOT.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

LOL. Is it 1997?

A*O, sometimes i worry about you,seriously..

Silver Member

I like her dress, but those tat ruin it.

Miyavi is HAWT!

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Hmmm, the director is meant to have a critical eye. S/he is not a method actor! And she hasn't eaten much for years. If an actor said Angelina normally stuffs her face at the craft table now that would be a surprise.
    Exactly! Don't know how she functions 100% at work without food, or even take care of her family.

Im so over hearing what a saint she is.
    Last edited by arie_skop; December 25th, 2014 at 04:36 AM.
    holly, Bluebonnet, Jazzy and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Callalily View Post
    I like her dress, but those tat ruin it.

Miyavi is HAWT!
    Now THIS I can get behind. He's yummy.

Also, the thread title: It's like "The Drunk Tara Reid." ("The Sandy Jennifer Aniston"?)
    Just Kill Me and Kittylady like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Don't eviscerate me, but I think she is one of the biggest phonies out there.

I think she's trying. I think she's like Gwinny in that she'll never REALLY get it, due to a spoiled life, but she tries to get it. For that I can't hate on her; she sees a problem and she wants to help. That said, I do think we need to try to be self-aware enough to realize when we have too little context to speak. 'Helping' blindly when we don't have enough context leads to problems like gluts of food aid in areas that use such resources to fuel their own power struggles.

Again, like Gwen, ANgieJo doesn't have that 'I may not know enough about this to help effectively' filter. That is annoying and concerning.

Still, no hate here. Just worry. Those with the public eye can to a lot of good, but Jenny McCarthy, if nothing else, demonstrates how a mistaken idea in the wrong hands can cause a nightmare.
    idunno likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I think she jumped on this particular opportunity.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I like her.
    sluce and lindsaywhit like this.

I don't believe for one second that she stopped eating to support the actors. She stopped eating years ago.

Maybe she knew the level of thinness that would be required to maintain a relationship with Vanilla Pitt.
    arie_skop, Bluebonnet and holly like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Don't eviscerate me, but I think she is one of the biggest phonies out there.
    Don't worry they won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I like her.
    I do too.
    Flygirl likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information