Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Elton John Marries David Furnish

Default Elton John Marries David Furnish

Elton John married his longtime partner David Furnish in England on Sunday, Dec. 21, Us Weekly can confirm -- get the details! Credit: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for CIROC Vodka
    Feeling the love tonight! Elton John married his longtime partner David Furnish at his Windsor home in England on Sunday, Dec. 21, Us Weekly can confirm.
    PHOTOS: Celebrity weddings in 2014
    Back in March, the legendary "Tiny Dancer" singer, 67, revealed he was planning to wed Furnish, 52, following England's legalizing of same-sex marriage. (They underwent a civil partnership in 2005.)
    PHOTOS: A-list honeymoons
    "We'll do it very quietly. But we will do it and it will be a joyous occasion and we will have our children," John told Today show's Matt Lauer at the time.
    Doing it "quietly" seems a thing of the past. On Dec. 19, John created an Instagram account in order to invite fans to his big day. After sending out a virtual invitation, the Brit then began posting pictures leading up to the ceremony.
    "That's the legal bit done. Now onto the ceremony! #ShareTheLove @DavidFurnish," he captioned a photo signing his marriage license.
    True to his word, John posted images throughout the ceremony, including the couple exchanging their vows.
    PHOTOS: Out and proud celebs
    "I'm very proud of Britain and the laws that we've seen come into existence since we've been together," he continued. "Having our civil partnership was an incredible breakthrough for people that have campaigned for a long time through the '60s and the '50s in England when it was so hard to be gay and hard to be open about it. And it was a criminal act. So for this legislation to come through is joyous, and we should celebrate it. We shouldn't just say, 'Oh, well we have a civil partnership. We're not going to bother to get married.' We will get married."
    PHOTOS: Hollywood's gay power couples
    John and Furnish first met in 1993 and are parents to sons Zachary, 3, and Elijah, 23 months.

Read more: Elton John Marries David Furnish: Wedding Details! - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
    Brookie and sparkles like this.

More photos at the link....not sure how to copy them over here!

About time. Best wishes to them.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I thought they did this years ago. Glad for them. While looking for pics of the wedding, which looks very sweet and simple, I saw pics of him after another marriage. I don't think I knew he was married back in the day.

^^^ I thought he was engaged to a women, but "escaped" before they tied the knot that pays. (Don't Let the Sun...
    was written about that relationship?) I could be completely off on that, though.

I'm very happy for them, and their children.

Btw, does anyone else think Furnish looks like Matt Lauer with hair?

He got married in Sydney to his audio engineer, a German woman whose name escapes me (Renata maybe?).

He's a big fat hypocrite - I remember a couple of years back he basically told gay men they didn't need to be married and a civil union would suffice, because he wasn't really bothered so obviously nobody else should be. I'm glad he and his husband now have the same rights as everyone else but still, fuck you Elton.

eta here's the quote from a few years back:

We're not married. Let's get that right. We have a civil partnership. What is wrong with Proposition 8 is that they went for marriage. Marriage is going to put a lot of people off, the word marriage...I don't want to be married. I'm very happy with a civil partnership. If gay people want to get married, or get together, they should have a civil partnership. The word "marriage," I think, puts a lot of people off. You get the same equal rights that we do when we have a civil partnership. Heterosexual people get married. We can have civil partnerships.
    Jazzy, Novice and rollo like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Thought they had married a long time ago and had an adopted kid, but it must have been the civil partnership.
    Drive-by poster

I'm losing my mind as well, because I thought they got married right before they adopted their kid(s)(?). I actually thought this was a necro'd thread! lol

Good, finally made an honest man out of him.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    He got married in Sydney to his audio engineer, a German woman whose name escapes me (Renata maybe?).

He's a big fat hypocrite - I remember a couple of years back he basically told gay men they didn't need to be married and a civil union would suffice, because he wasn't really bothered so obviously nobody else should be. I'm glad he and his husband now have the same rights as everyone else but still, fuck you Elton.

Lol I had forgotten about that, google says it was in 1984. Her name is Renate Blauel.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post

He's a big fat liying bastard that likes to have sex with underage (ie under 18, as it was then, I think that the age law has now been changed) rent boys.
    I'm still waiting for the Jimmy Saville alligations to come calling, in fact I'm surprised that they haven't so far; he must be more sensible that I thought & only pays for it.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^^I didn't know about the underage boys, but he seems like a major dick.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    He's a big fat liying bastard that likes to have sex with underage (ie under 18, as it was then, I think that the age law has now been changed) rent boys.
    I'm still waiting for the Jimmy Saville alligations to come calling, in fact I'm surprised that they haven't so far; he must be more sensible that I thought & only pays for it.
    Wow, I never would have guessed. Jimmy Saville allegations for real?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

There was some press (the Sun I think) that was quickly shut down and maybe even paid him damages.

Congrats to them. They seem very happy together and seem to love their boys very much.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information