• 3 Post By azoria
  • 1 Post By Kittylady
  • 3 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By rollo
  • 3 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 1 Post By MsDark
  • 3 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By rollo

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow talks to CNBC: ‘I think my strengths are in anything aesthetic’

Default Gwyneth Paltrow talks to CNBC: ‘I think my strengths are in anything aesthetic’

Gwyneth Paltrow isn’t just an Oscar-winning actress. This year she invested in the nation’s largest chain of blow-dry bars, Blo, with 50 locations and plans to add 30 next year. She’s not just an investor; she’s involved in shaping the look of the salons and the services they offer. “I think my strengths are in anything aesthetic so the look of the salons, trends, social media,” said Paltrow.

Paltrow said the investment happened organically, sparked by her investment in Tracy Anderson’s fitness business. “We were opening our flagship studio here in Brentwood in Los Angeles, and I thought wouldn’t it be great if we take this little space that we didn’t know what to do with and put a blow-dry bar in it for our clients,” says Paltrow. She said the response was so overwhelming that she and her partner in the venture, David Babaii (who is also her hairdresser), discussed opening more, and were introduced to Ari Yakobson, the CEO of Blo.

In addition to her partnerships in Blo and Tracy Anderson, she also runs lifestyle site Goop. Paltrow dismissed comparisons to Martha Stewart: “I don’t think of ourselves like that…. Goop is a very modern lifestyle brand, and it’s not eponymous and a collective of women.” Paltrow said the company is focused on “contextual commerce,” weaving lifestyle content and retail together as seamlessly as possible. “Obviously, Martha invented the category and we have a lot of respect for her, but we don’t consider ourselves … it’s a very different business in my mind.”

As for Stewart’s criticisms of Paltrow’s endeavor (Stewart has said publicly “If she were confident in her acting, she wouldn’t be trying to be Martha Stewart), the actress thinks they’re a good thing.
    “I’m incredibly flattered, I mean it’s amazing. We’re a very nascent biz, and it’s amazing that she would regard us competition,” Paltrow said.

While Paltrow juggles her various ventures, she said she plans to continue to act in a movie each year. “In this chapter I’m very interested in the entrepreneurial side of me and raising my kids,” Paltrow says. “I do try to act when I can, and I really love it and hopefully it’s not an either/or situation.”

[From CNBC]

Cele|bitchy | Gwyneth Paltrow talks to CNBC: ‘I think my strengths are in anything aesthetic’

Says she of the perpetual piss-yellow, split-end, limp-hanging straw.

But if you wanna pay 5Gs for a blowout, step right up.

For that price, you'd think they could throw in a stellar bj.
    Mrs P, redcat, snoopqueen and 1 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I thought the title said anesthetic. Which would be true.

“Obviously, Martha invented the category and we have a lot of respect for her, but we don’t consider ourselves … it’s a very different business in my mind.”
    Is Gwennie using the "Royal we" or is she developing multiple personalities? That way she can be eponymous, and a collective of women, all by herself! Paltrow's a powerhouse!

BTW for those keeping track fitness trainer to the stars Tracy Anderson and Madonna are on the outs, Paltrow and Madge are on the outs, but Anderson and Paltrow are still busom buddy! & GP is setting her up in a Blo job too!

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    I thought the title said anesthetic. Which would be true.
    And I thought it said athletic. Which would also be true allegedly.

Srsly, how many more pronouncements is she going to make this week?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post

Srsly, how many more pronouncements is she going to make this week?
    Lots. Lots and lots and lots. Here's yet another one:

Gwyneth Paltrow discusses 2015 as she smoulders in new beauty shoot | Daily Mail Online

She's going to be like the Christmas turkey - you keep chewing and chewing but you never seem to be able to get through it all.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Ugh, why is she on a turkey roll? Did one of her movies get canned? Was there an email leak about how obnoxious she is?

Smoulders?!

Oh do shut up, Goopy.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Gwyneth Paltrow Snubbed Over Lack Of College Degree

PHOTO: BEIMAGES/GREGORY PACE.
    Gwyneth Paltrow seemingly has it all: an Oscar, a successful career, beautiful kids, her own lifestyle site, and Beyoncé's phone number. The one thing she doesn't have? A college degree. Apparently, some people won't let her forget that.

According to a feature on Yahoo! president and CEO Marissa Mayer in the New York Times Magazine, Paltrow's lack of a college degree may have cost her a contributor gig.

"Even though the actress Gwyneth Paltrow had created a best-selling cookbook and popular lifestyle blog, Mayer, who habitually asked deputies where they attended college, balked at hiring her as a contributing editor for Yahoo Food," the article states. "According to one executive, Mayer disapproved of the fact that Paltrow did not graduate college."

It's unclear as to whether Paltrow actually pursued the job or if her name was merely suggested and then rejected. The actress studied at University of California, Santa Barbara before dropping out to focus on acting. Mayer, meanwhile, has her B.S. and M.S. from Stanford University.

As the big boss at Yahoo!, it's Mayer's right to hire and fire whoever she pleases. Nobody would think twice about this decision if Gwyneth Paltrow didn't happen to be very, very famous. Would male CEOs receive the same flak for their own job criteria? Doubtful.

See, kids? Education matters. But, should Yahoo! ever launch a rap platform, we're backing Jay Z all the way, degree or not.

Gwyneth Paltrow Marissa Mayer Yahoo College Degree
    snoopqueen likes this.

I'm no goopy fan, but Marissa Mayer sounds like a snobbish asshole.
    qwerty, llamamama and soogar like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

If she's made a pleb of Goopy then I like her already.
    rollo likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I know quite a few wildly successful people with no college degree, and here I sit with mine, doing diddly squat.

Yeah but it's a legitimate, handy way of dressing down someone who is so snobbish and all about feeling so above everyone else.
    rollo, Kittylady and Bellatheball like this.

I want to hear that Dr. Goopy is now doing a PhD from the University of Goopenomics.
    Kittylady likes this.

I just realized something... I'm more educated than Goopy!

And not even a little bit more. Waaaay more. Catch up, Goop.

Thread Information