Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The son of Charles Manson is his very spitting image

Default The son of Charles Manson is his very spitting image

Charles Manson's 26-year-old bride is 'an opportunistic pariah' simply interested in his hidden fortune, says his son, a musician whose mother was raped by the imprisoned serial killer, 80

• Matthew Roberts tells MailOnline he believes his father and his new stepmother have put bizarre wedding together
    • Manson appears to have married Afton 'Star' Burton in recent days and she has been seen with ring on her wedding finger
    • Roberts has formed relationship with serial killer despite learning that his mother was raped by Manson
    • He believes his father's fortune from artworks and music made in prison and sold on official website may be well into six figures
    • Says Burton is happy to have access to it while Manson is getting 'bit of amusement' before he dies
    • 'She needs to realize she will become the most hated woman in America,' says Roberts

Published: 10:25 EST, 17 December 2014 | Updated: 15:22 EST, 17 December 2014

The son of Charles Manson has slammed his father’s young ‘super fan’ bride claiming she is a ‘pariah’ who is after the notorious serial killer’s hidden fortune.
    Musician Matthew Roberts says Afton Burton – who at 26 is a third the age of 80-year-old Manson – has targeted the psycho to drain him of all his cash.
    Photos which emerged over the weekend show Burton – who goes by the name Star – wearing a wedding band on her ring finger suggesting the controversial marriage went ahead as planned.
    The couple filed for a marriage license on November 7, which gave them 90 days to carry out the nuptials.
    Burton was spotted wearing the new ring outside her home in Corcoran, California - near to the prison where Manson is held - on Saturday.

Wedding: Afton Burton was seen wearing a wedding band. She and Manson were given a wedding license last month and appear to have used it

Warning: Matthew Roberts has come to form a relationship with his father despite learning the serial killer raped his mother. He says Manson's new wife must come to terms with her pariah status

In an exclusive interview with MailOnline her new stepson Roberts 47, says the idea that the pair have married is ‘bizarre’ and ‘stupid’ – a plan conceived by two people who are clearly ‘touched’.
    He said: 'I am warning her, if she has married my dad who is the most hated man in America, she needs to realize she will become the most hated woman in America, I hope she thought long and hard before saying "I do".’
    In prison Manson is unable to reach any of the money he has accumulated over the years – which Roberts claims runs in to hundreds of thousands of dollars – so Burton takes care of all his affairs.
    Burton spends her days maintaining ‘Brand Manson’ which includes several social media and merchandise sites, including MansonDirect.com and Charliesarts.com.

It is believed Manson has accrued a small fortune from selling music, paintings, dolls, wigs, signed photos and other memorabilia - but he cannot personally access any of it.
    His son believes that his wife potentially could.
    Roberts, who has grown close with his dad despite being conceived after the killer raped his mother during an orgy in 1967, said: ‘Charlie’s in jail locked behind bars and Star has managed to wriggle her way into his world.
    ‘I heard he’s the wealthiest inmate in the prison system but I’m not sure exactly how that works.
    ‘I mean he’ll never see a penny of that but Star potentially could.
    ‘She says she loves him, but I think she just loves the idea of him.
    ‘For me the whole thing is about money for her, I absolutely believe that, there’s no doubt in my mind.’
    Discussing the wedding, to which Roberts, 46, had originally been invited, he said: ‘I think it’s lame and stupid, but I would have gone out of curiosity. But now it seems it’s happened without me.

‘If it’s just some joke wedding and he’s using it to shuffle his money around or if she’s just an opportunistic pariah trying to take advantage of him then I want to know. That’s my fear of her – wouldn’t anybody fear that?
    ‘There’s got to be something wrong with her or maybe not – maybe she’ll come out of this filthy rich. The Manson name is a brand.’
    Roberts, who lives in Los Angeles, said that initially he thought his father was living up to his sinister reputation and manipulating a young girl with his charms as he did with his cult followers back in the 60s.
    But Roberts says that this time it’s the other way round.

Recent: A picture taken of Manson in prison in Calfornia. He can never be released

Web presence: Burton maintains websites campaigning for what she calls the 'truth' about Manson, that he was not given a fair trial, is actually innocent, and has been tortured behind bars. The State of California does not accept any of the claims

Sale: A Manson website sells merchandise. It may be able to avoid Son of Sam laws as Manson was infamous before he committed his murders, so he can argue it does not exploit his crimes for money

‘If anything, Star manipulated Charlie. She’s after his money, he does have a lot of money.

‘I think you’ve got two people who are a little bit touched. They got their reasons for marrying that people like you and I wouldn’t understand.’
    He added of Star: ‘But I can’t imagine what she’s doing with an 80-year-old man. It’s actually shocking.
    ‘I mean who goes and marries someone who’s going to spend the rest of their life in jail? How do you explain that to people. It’s just bizarre.
    ‘This isn’t just someone in jail, this is someone who could kill you.’
    Roberts believes that Star is hoping to become sole heir to Manson’s growing fortune once he dies.
    ‘I don’t think Charlie took the wedding too seriously, it’s a bit of amusement for him, he’s probably thinking he’s going to die soon - he’s getting pretty old,’ he said.
    ‘He’s written a will for a bunch of people that he doesn’t want to give his money to so maybe he’s going to try reel that in now.
    ‘If it’s a legal marriage your wife gets the money. I think that’s what this whole thing is about.’
    Roberts said that Star believes she and Manson can make tens of thousands of dollars from the exclusive sale of their wedding photos to a media outlet – photos that have yet to emerge.
    He claims Star is working with one of Manson’s close friends, a man known only as Gray Wolf, to maximize their profits.
    ‘She says they’ve had an offer for $75,000 for the pictures but she said she wants double that.
    ‘Initially Star wasn’t really trying to have a whole bunch of media attention but I think the whole dynamic has changed.

Couple: Afton Burton and Charles Manson pose for a picture in prison before they obtained their wedding license. They are believed to have married in recent days after she was seen with a band on her ring finger

Roberts has since received a string of rambling handwritten notes and postcards, some signed with the swastika - a symbol the killer has tattooed on his forehead.

The DJ and musician once took a DNA test with a woman believed to have been fathered by Manson, but he said the results came back inconclusive.
    Another test carried out using DNA smuggled out of prison was contaminated, precluding an accurate result,.
    But Roberts believes he is definitely the son of Manson and is frustrated he can’t prove his doubters wrong.
    ‘For me I feel like it is 100%,’ he said. ‘What with all of the various things that have come together to lead to this conclusion it would almost be absurd if it wasn’t true.

‘Proof is more to show everybody else, the people who think I’m a fraud or think I’m doing this to advance my career or some bull cr*p like that.’
    Manson himself has confirmed he was his father, recalling times spent with Roberts’ mother Terry.
    And the convicted killer continues sending letters to his long lost son.
    'He sends me weird stuff and has written me songs and sent paintings.
    ‘I sympathize certainly with the families of his victims, it’s terrible what happened to those people.
    ‘But he's my biological father - I can't help but have some kind of emotional connection.
    ‘That's the hardest thing of all - feeling love for a monster who raped my mother and killed those people.'

Adopted: Roberts grew up in Rockwell Illinois with his adoptive parents. He only discovered his link to Manson when he traced his birth mother.

Charles Manson's bride Afton Burton is 'an opportunistic pariah' says son Matthew Roberts | Daily Mail Online

Geez.... imagine looking up your biological parents and Charles Manson turns out to be your Dad!??!

And, I gotta say; Charlie looks pretty good for 80. Must be from being locked up and never seeing the sun.
    Palermo and BelledeJour like this.

One way to avoid wrinkles for sure

Never heard of this guy before. I hate to say it, but Manson looks pretty good for 80. In that last pic at least.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I don't think his kid looks all that much like him, but then again that's a blessing. What's with Charles' crossed arms
    pose? Dickhead.
    BeantownBitch likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

There were quite a few children living at Spahn ranch, they were taken by the state at the time. I've always wondered what happened to those children later on.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I don't think his kid looks all that much like him, but then again that's a blessing. What's with Charles' crossed arms
    pose? Dickhead.

The son of Charles Manson, Matthew Roberts

Photos of the young Charles Manson

Charlie is UNMISTAKABLY his father. Wow.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

Meh, i still don't see it too much.
    Some of the same features perhaps [the beard & mustache] but the nose and overall face structure just isn't the same.
    But yeah, i could not imagine what the guy thought when he found out manson was his dad.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Never heard of this guy before. I hate to say it, but Manson looks pretty good for 80. In that last pic at least.
    There's something to be said for spending 40 plus years out of the sun.

I still don't see it all that much. Two guys with dark hair and dark eyes, but I wouldn't walk past his son and think "holy shit, he looks like Charles Manson!" - I hate typing this out, dear lord, but Charles was much better looking (looking at photos I assume where they are relatively the same age).
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    There were quite a few children living at Spahn ranch, they were taken by the state at the time. I've always wondered what happened to those children later on.
    They did a special on them a while back. Most were adopted or taken in by grandparents. I can't even imagine what they think. It seems pretty much all of them stay as far away from the limelight as they can.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I still don't see it all that much. Two guys with dark hair and dark eyes, but I wouldn't walk past his son and think "holy shit, he looks like Charles Manson!" - I hate typing this out, dear lord, but Charles was much better looking (looking at photos I assume where they are relatively the same age).
    What I find interesting is that the son seems like maybe he is trying to play up any resemblance - hair style, facial hair - rather than minimizing it.
    Trixie likes this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

He's totally playing up the resemblance.
    Air Quotes likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Probably because he is the attention whore who wants the money.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information