Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Evangeline Lilly refuses to compromise her womanhood

Default Evangeline Lilly refuses to compromise her womanhood

On her tough lady roles: ďI donít like the idea of playing a one-dimensional character who is just fearless, strong and killer and has instincts and just thrives in dangerous circumstances ó thatís really boring to me and I donít think it represents what most women feel inside. Iím very proud of being a woman, and as a woman, I donít even likethe word feminism because when I hear that word, I associate it with women trying to pretend to be men, and Iím not interested in trying to pretend to be a man. I donít want to embrace manhood, I want to embrace my womanhood.Ē

Roles come to her easily: ďI have been a bit of a reluctant actress since the get-go, since the beginning of Lost. Iíve been focused during the last five years on my writing career and Iíve just been fortunate and lucky enough to have some pretty great filmmakers come to me and say, ĎWeíd like you to play this role or that role.íĒ

Are there more roles for women these days? ďTo be honest with you, and I mean this in all humility, I donít know because I actually donít seek out roles and I havenít for a very long time Ö Iíve just been fortunate and lucky enough to have some pretty great filmmakers come to me and say, ĎWeíd like you to play this role or that role.í And thatís not to say there havenít been roles Iíve said no to. There have definitely been roles that I read and I think, ďWell, that just isnít exciting, I donít want to do that.Ē But it does mean that I am most certainly not an authority on the topic because I donít go out and read every script out there for a woman of my age, I donít meet with all the filmmakers, Iím not pounding the pavement or pursuing it in a way that would give me the authority to talk about whatís out there or whatís available. Although I do love the question.Ē

[From HuffPo]

Cele|bitchy | Evangeline Lilly, not feminist: ‚ÄėI‚Äôm not interested in trying to pretend to be a man‚Äô

I don’t even likethe word feminism because when I hear that word, I associate it with women trying to pretend to be men, and I’m not interested in trying to pretend to be a man.
    Sigh. Women this stupid make me wish I was a misogynist.
    czb, gas_chick, KrisNine and 5 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I know I had to sigh when I read that. She must not be an internet reader because I thought we'd been through this.
    BoogsBun likes this.

I think I hate her. Not just the bullshit opinion on feminism, but the "oh I'm such a reluctant star, I just mind my own business and directors are beating down my door begging me to work with them". Fuck off.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Gold Member

The only thing I know her from is "Lost." She still gets roles...?

^Yes, thousands, don't you know? I've never seen her in anything else either, but she assures us she's in great demand.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Who?
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I didnt even know she was getting any roles. Last time I heard about her was in Lost

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

I donít even likethe word feminism because when I hear that word, I associate it with women trying to pretend to be men, and Iím not interested in trying to pretend to be a man.

Sigh. Women this stupid make me wish I was a misogynist.
    Sadly they are growing in number, especially amongst younger women. A young woman of twentysomething that I know has started being all "fuck you feminists!" and seems to think that we would have been better off if the Women's Rights movement had never started. Yeah, because it would be just peachy if we'd never got the right to vote, have access to contraception, be allowed to work outside the home for a wage that wasn't deliberately halved because of what we don't have between our legs and remained the property of our father until some man took pity on us an took over our ownership through marriage....
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Sadly they are growing in number, especially amongst younger women. A young woman of twentysomething that I know has started being all "fuck you feminists!" and seems to think that we would have been better off if the Women's Rights movement had never started. Yeah, because it would be just peachy if we'd never got the right to vote, have access to contraception, be allowed to work outside the home for a wage that wasn't deliberately halved because of what we don't have between our legs and remained the property of our father until some man took pity on us an took over our ownership through marriage....
    Isn't that just a phase, though? Once the young women enter the job market, get sacked during pregnancy, get passed over for promotions, are expected to put up with unwanted sexual advances from creepy bosses etc. they might change their minds.
    Lalasnake likes this.

I've never been such an idiot when it came to feminism - here's hoping it's a phase for the woman Kitty knows, but not everyone is that ignorant in their twenties.

Evangeline needs to stop opening her mouth, I remembered years ago during her Lost days she said in an interview how hard it was for her growing up as she was so beautiful and everybody making a move on her and finding her attractive. She sounded like an utter dolt then and continues to do so today.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Don't know this idiot and don't care to.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Isn't that just a phase, though? Once the young women enter the job market, get sacked during pregnancy, get passed over for promotions, are expected to put up with unwanted sexual advances from creepy bosses etc. they might change their minds.
    I think it's also not knowing anything about the history of the women''s rights movements. The fight for the right to vote, and on and on. Not knowing current history and women's salary levels relative to men's. They benefit from very hard-fought gains and have virtually no idea how they got them in the first place - and how hard some people are fighting to roll them back.
    Lalasnake and mostroop like this.

I'm not sure. A lot of the women that I meet are not interested in having a career. I've met women in their early 30's who have never really worked a day in their lives. Some even have a college/university education. They went to school in hopes of meeting a husband. Some are even getting engaged in college, marrying right after and starting a family a couple years later. They have zero interest in women's rights, voting, etc. It's crazy to me.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

In her case I doubt it. She's very set in her ideas and in particular that everybody owes her something and she's hard done by. Yeah, really, well how about going back just a few scant years and finding out what it's REALLY like to be hard done by as a woman? In realistic terms it wasn't all that long ago that a man couldn't/wouldn't be prosecuted for rape if the victim was his wife. It wasn't that long ago that you'd get half the salary for doing exactly the same job as the guy sat next to you. And it wasn't that long ago that you couldn't get contraception unless you were married and even then you had to fight to prove that having more children would put you at a serious risk of harm. We've come so far in just our lifetime and we still have a way to go and negating all the work and sacrifices made by feminists of previous generations just because you think you should get lots of presents off lots of men instead of buying them yourself with your own money that you have been able to earn and put in your own pocket instead of your husband or father's is, quite simply, a crock of shit.

/rant over.
    Lalasnake and witchcurlgirl like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information