Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Sony Pictures Hacked Including Co-Chairman's Confidential Emails

Leaked Sony Emails Reveal Jokes About Obama and Race | Variety

Leaked Sony Emails Reveal Jokes About Obama and Race
    Mark Wilson/Getty Images
    December 10, 2014 | 07:36PM PT
    Alex Stedman
    News Editor, Variety.com @a_sted

In the latest of embarrassing emails to leak online from Sony this week, studio co-chairman Amy Pascal and producer Scott Rudin riff on what President Barack Obama’s favorite movies could be, focusing mostly on films starring and by African Americans.

According to Buzzfeed, Pascal asked Rudin for advice before going to an Obama fundraiser hosted by DreamWorks Animation head Jeffrey Katzenberg, particularly what she should ask the President “at this stupid Jeffrey breakfast.”

“Would he like to finance some movies,” responded Rudin.
    “I doubt it. Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?” said Pascal, with Rudin replying “12 YEARS.”

“Or the butler. Or think like a man?” continued Pascal, who is a major donor for the Democratic party and President Obama.

“Ride-along. I bet he likes Kevin Hart,” said Rudin.
    Hart, who stars in the upcoming Sony comedy “The Wedding Ringer,” was called a “whore” by a different Sony exec (Clint Culpepper) in another email on Wednesday for demanding more money from the studio.

“I’m not saying he’s a whore, but he’s a whore,” Culpepper said of the box office star, who had asked for more money on top of his $3 million payment for tweeting about his new comedy.

“If he doesn’t do his normal routine,” he wrote to Pascal, “his film will not open as well and his brand will appear diminished and he will- in fact – be f—ing himself because we have his next 2 immediate films.”

On Tuesday, other damaging emails showed Pascal and
    Rudin trading nasty insults, mostly over the Steve Jobs biopic “Jobs” that started at Sony and ultimately moved to Universal. In the emails, Pascal said Angelina Jolie was upset that David Fincher was set to direct “Jobs” when she wanted him to direct her big-budget “Cleopatra,” to which Rudin called the actress a “minimally talented spoiled brat.” Rudin also took a jab at producer and Annapurna founder Megan Ellison, calling her a “28-year-old bipolar lunatic.”

As the Sony situation continues to unravel, it was revealed through more stolen emails on Wednesday that Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai stepped in to scrutinize and approve certain scenes from James Franco and Seth Rogen’s controversial upcoming film “The Interview.”
    A group calling itself Guardians of Peace has been targeting Sony Pictures since Nov. 24, resulting in the leak of confidential information about executive and star salaries, movie budgets and employees’ personal information. The group also released five new Sony movies on torrent sites, including the upcoming titles “Annie” and “Still Alice.”

A Sony rep declined comment on the leaked emails while Rudin did not immediately respond to Variety’s request to comment.

Leaked Sony Emails Reveal Jokes About Obama and Race | Variety
    Brookie likes this.

Man, those guys are fucking morons. The constant talking of shit about the actors that they need in their movies, the fucking president... good lord. Talk about shitting where you eat!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Michael Fassbender in latest hacked email to embarrass Sony Pictures | Daily Mail Online

'He just makes you feel bad to have normal-sized genitalia': Aaron Sorkin's private emails about Michael Fassbender leaked in Sony hack just a day after another described Angelina Jolie as a 'brat'
    • Aaron Sorkin claimed he had no idea who Michael Fassbender was
    • The Oscar-winning screenwriter was working on a film about Steve Jobs
    • Sorkin wanted Tom Cruise to play the Apple creator in the planned movie
    • Sony studio bosses said they preferred Irish actor Michael Fassbender
    • In another email, one producer says of Michael Fassbender, who is now set 'he makes you feel bad to have normal sized male genitalia'
    • The comments were contained in an email leaked following a cyber attack
    • This follows claims that Angelina Jolie is a 'minimally talented spoiled brat'
    • Sony suffered a massive computer security breach on November 24

By David Mccormack for MailOnline
    Published: 01:20 EST, 11 December 2014 | Updated: 08:50 EST, 11 December 2014

Oscar-winning screewriter Aaron Sorkin claimed that he had no idea who Michael Fassbender was according to the latest tranche of embarrassing emails leaked as part of the Sony cyber-hacking scandal.

The emails reveal, however, that others at Sony were aware of the actor - or at least the rumors surrounding the size of his manhood - with producer Michael De Luca allegedly claiming in one email that the star, 'makes you feel bad to have normal sized male genitalia.'

The latest leaks concern Sony’s failed attempts to make a movie about the life of Apple co-funder Steve Jobs, which Sorkin was adapting from Walter Isaacson’s biography.

The emails reveal Sorkin’s attempt to lobby for Tom Cruise to take the lead role and reveal his initial disdain when informed that Fassbender, Oscar-nominated for 12 Years A Slave, was favoured for the role.

Academy Award-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin and actor Michael Fassbender are the latest Hollywood stars to be embarrassed by information leaked after a massive cyber attack at Sony Pictures

‘I don't know who Michael Fassbender is and the rest of the world isn't going to care,’ was his sniffy reply to Columbia Pictures Chairman Amy Pascal and movie producer Scott Rudin.

It was Rudin who called Angelina Jolie a 'minimally talented spoiled brat' in another email, while the latest leak of documents by the group calling themselves ‘the Guardians of Peace,’ are from Pascal’s email box.
    Her exchanges with Rudin and Sorkin reveal that an extensive list of Hollywood big hitters had been considered for the Jobs role.

After Leonardo diCapro turned it down, Christian Bale was mentioned, but email exchanges show Sorkin only had eyes for Cruise.

When Pascal sent Sorkin a message to say that director Danny Boyle ‘seems committed to’ Fassbender, he wasn't best pleased.

'This used to be an event. I don't know who Michael Fassbender is and the rest of the world isn't going to care. This is insane,' he wrote.

Sony producer Michael De Luca allegedly claimed in one email that the star (pictured), 'makes you feel bad to have normal sized male genitalia'

Letting loose: In one email, Rudin (left) writes to Sony Pictures co-chairperson Amy Pascal (right) that Jolie is a 'minimally talented spoiled brat'

Jolie felt the ire of several Sony execs over her desire to star in a remake of Cleopatra

However Sorkin eventually came round to the idea of Fassbender and wrote, 'F*** it. He's a great actor whose time has come.'

'That’s where I ended up,' Pascal replied.

'Yeah, if the movie’s good, he’ll be on the cover of everything and get nominated for everything,' Sorkin conceded.

Not long after Sony's attempt to make the movie collapsed and the script has since been picked up rivals Universal.
    The leaking of sensitive internal emails continues to be a source of embarrassment for Sony, which has announced that it isn’t taking any chances with the red-carpet premiere of The Interview on Thursday.

The comedy, slated for U.S. release on December 25, stars Seth Rogen and James Franco as a producer and television host tasked with assassinating North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

The film has caused great anger in North Korea and there is much speculation that the country is behind the massive cyber attack at Sony and now the studio has announced that the movie's stars won’t be available to interview.
    Sony Pictures said on Wednesday that no broadcast media will be invited to cover the film's gala opening in Los Angeles and no interviews will be granted to print reporters at the screening.

A Sony spokeswoman refused to comment on the reason for the premiere's coverage restrictions.

The studio is also adding extra security for Thursday’s event.

'Security is always a concern at premieres, and this is certainly no different,' a Sony official told Deadline. 'We will have appropriate security at the premiere.'

According to the LAPD, four off-duty officers have been added to the security team for the premiere at the Ace Hotel’s palatial theater in downtown Los Angeles.

The Interview: The Franco/Rogen comedy has caused great anger in North Korea and now Sony has added extra security for Thursday's red-carpet premiere in Los Angeles

The studio also cancelled a Los Angeles press day that had been planned for this week and said a press day in New York next week may not take place.

The cyber attack launched on Nov. 24 shut down Sony's computer network and exposed company secrets.

Among them were e-mails that revealed Sony Corp Chief Executive Kazuo Hirai ordered The Interview be toned down after North Korea complained.

The e-mail exchanges concerning Jolie claim she was displeased to learn that David Fincher was going to be directing the Jobs biopic rather than her re-make of Cleopatra.

Rudin referred to Jolie as 'a minimally talented spoiled brat' before viciously slamming her in multiple e-mails.

'[Jolie] is upset about us giving david jobs she wants to talk,' Pascal, 56, told Rudin in a leaked e-mail dated February 27.

Over a series of email, Rudin, left, and Pascal, right, slam Angelina Jolie and her desire to have David Fincher direct her remake of Cleopatra

But he apparently had no interest in discussing the matter with the Maleficent star, saying, 'She’ll survive it. I don’t want to waste my time on this.'

Later that day, he appears to have sent another e-mail to Pascal, which read, ‘YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN BEFORE SHE MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR DAVID TO DO JOBS.’

She appears to respond with, 'Do not f**king threaten me.'
    Rudin then proceeds to criticize Jolie with a number of cutting remarks and slams the idea of the movie altogether.

'There is no movie of Cleopatra to be made (and how that is a bad thing and rampaging spoiled ego of this woman and the cost of the movie is beyond me) and if you won’t tell her that you do not like the script — which, let me remind you, SHE DOESN’T EITHER — this will just spin even further out in Crazyland but let me tell you I have zero appetite for the indulgence of spoiled brats and I will tell her this myself if you don’t.'
    Read more:

Read more: Michael Fassbender in latest hacked email to embarrass Sony Pictures | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by dougie; December 11th, 2014 at 02:29 PM.

I'm totally floored to see that Sony execs, who are supposed to have brains, would put these kinds of messages in email - where they could be documented and accessed later. Or forwarded to someone else. This like a big fat "F" in Corporate Communications 101.

I also think it shows the desperation of North Korea that they would go to these lengths to try to keep a dumb comedy from being distributed. They have given the movie 100 times as much publicity as it would have gotten if they had just stayed quiet. What I don't understand, though, was why "Team America" didn't piss off the North Koreans as much as this movie does.
    Nevan likes this.

What a bunch of arseholes, not that I'm particularly surprised to hear that Hollywood is run by a bunch of obnoxious, needle dicked cretins but cheers for removing all doubt guys
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Part of me thinks that they're idiots, but I do wonder when this invasion of private information is going to stop. Where is it going to stop? You can't say anything anymore and think the comments or conversation is going to stay private. Some one is hacking you're emails, your iCloud, recording your phone conversations, etc.

ummmm, yeah - Sony is going to have to fire some of these dipshits. I mean, no company is going to want to say "Yes, we pay people A LOT of money to sit around their desks and send emails like THIS out!"
    And they are speculating that North Korea is to blame because of that movie "The Interview"? Wow...
    The leaking of sensitive internal emails continues to be a source of embarrassment for Sony, which has announced that it isn’t taking any chances with the red-carpet premiere of The Interview on Thursday.
    The comedy, slated for U.S. release on December 25, stars Seth Rogen and James Franco as a producer and television host tasked with assassinating North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
    The film has caused great anger in North Korea and there is much speculation that the country is behind the massive cyber attack at Sony and now the studio has announced that the movie's stars won’t be available to interview.

Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

There's nothing wrong with putting these things in writing - how else are you supposed to communicate? No one has time to be on the phone all day long and even if they were, some asshole would find a way to tap the lines. I'm with kris - the issue here isn't that they put this in writing (big fucking deal), it's that some asshole hacked sony's computers and made these emails public.

as for the emails themselves, i think they're pretty funny and it's just people being honest about their work and the stuff they deal with. the only part that shocked me was that aaron sorkin wanted tommy girl to play steve jobs. seriously, dude? he's gotta be hitting the crack pipe again.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think it's funny as hell too. Especially the "minimally talented spoiled brat" thing.

I've said some things in emails and texts that I certainly wouldn't want made public (or at least not to the people I was bitching about )
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

oh, the shit amuses me... but I'd bet my left pinky nail that Sony is NOT amused.
    Brookie likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

That's where i'm at too. Why can't we just say what we want?? Whether we are kidding or not. The whole thing is lame.
    And i am goning to have to say...in that third pic, fassbender has something going on down there in then jeans. Looks fine to me. [regarding the small dick comments]

related:

11 December 2014 Last updated at 12:46 ETShare this page

Rogen 'objected to Kim Jong-Un film edit'

Warning: this story contains plot spoilers

The film was not among those leaked online in the cyber attack on Sony

Actor Seth Rogen objected to re-editing his new film The Interview, about an assassination attempt on Kim Jong-Un, just "to make North Koreans happy".
    Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal wrote to Rogen to ask him to tone down a scene in which the North Korean leader is blown up.
    Pascal said the request came from Kazuo Hirai, chairman of Sony Corporation.
    The exchange was revealed in leaked emails in the wake of a massive cyber attack on Sony Pictures.
    But Rogen - who wrote and directed The Interview - refused to meet all of the demands made by Mr Hirai.
    "This is now a story of Americans changing their movie to make North Koreans happy," he wrote, in an email dated 15 August. "That is a very damning story."
    The Interview - due to be released on Christmas Day in the US - sees Rogen and James Franco play two reporters who are granted an audience with Kim Jong-un. The CIA then enlists the pair to assassinate him.
    'Flunky'In June this year, North Korea described the film as an act of war and an "undisguised sponsoring of terrorism", and called on the US and the UN to block it.
    Ms Pascal wrote to Rogen relaying concerns raised by Mr Hirai about a key shot in the film which depicts Kim Jong-un struck by a tank shell, causing his head to explode.
    "As embarrassing as this has been from my point of view," wrote Ms Pascal to the film-maker, "you have to appreciate the fact that we haven't just dictated to you what it had to be."
    "This isn't some flunky. It's the chairman of the entire Sony Corporation who I am dealing (with)," she said, referring to Mr Hirai's position as the head of the studio's parent company.
    She stressed she was keen to ensure that the Japanese company would not be placed "in a bad situation", in terms of its political relations with North Korea.
    In a later response, Rogen agrees to remove some of the ghoulish detail, including reducing the "flaming hair", but added: "The head explosion can't be more obscured than it is because we honestly feel that if it's any more obscured, you won't be able to tell it's exploding and the joke won't work."

Annie, due for release on 19 December, was among the Sony films leaked online

In an email to Mr Hirai, Ms Pascal notes that she has encountered considerable "resistance from the filmmakers".
    But a final email in October, from Rogen, confirms that his latest edit had "removed the fire from the hair and the entire secondary wave of head chunks".
    "Please tell us this is over now," he adds.
    Details of the emails were reported by Bloomberg News. Representatives for Rogen declined to comment.
    Sony Pictures announced this week that the stars will be giving no interviews at the Hollywood premiere of The Interview.
    The California-based studio's computer system went down last week and hackers then published a number of as-yet unreleased films on online download sites. The Interview was not among them.
    North Korea has denied it was directly involved in the hacking but praised the attack itself as a "righteous deed".
    Embarrassing emailsA slew of emails, including embarrassing exchanges about some of Hollywood's biggest stars, have also been leaked.
    It included a private email conversation between producer Scott Rudin and Ms Pascal, in which Rudin called actress Angelina Jolie a "spoiled brat" and made jokes about President Obama's race and presumed taste in movies.
    He apologised on Thursday, saying the emails were "written in haste and without much thought or sensitivity".
    "To anybody I've offended, I'm profoundly and deeply sorry, and I regret and apologise for any injury they might have caused," he told Deadline.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

the emails were "written in haste and without much thought or sensitivity".
    "To anybody I've offended, I'm profoundly and deeply sorry, and I regret and apologise for any injury they might have caused,"

and so it begins... as we knew it would.
    gas_chick, snoopqueen and sluce like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    There's nothing wrong with putting these things in writing - how else are you supposed to communicate? No one has time to be on the phone all day long and even if they were, some asshole would find a way to tap the lines. I'm with kris - the issue here isn't that they put this in writing (big fucking deal), it's that some asshole hacked sony's computers and made these emails public.

i'm not so sure.

at work, we are actually discouraged from writing things that sound like personal attacks. like writing that angelina is a minimally talented spoiled brat. where i work, we would probably just write that cleopatra is a stinker and angelina needs to accept that. these emails are authored in the 'nyah nyah' style, not sure that would go over so great at my work. even if the emails were not leaked.

^^^^
    yeah, of course people shouldn't. but real life rarely imitates HR guidelines. my boss also shouldn't be texting me and emailing me at 10pm when that shit can wait until the next morning but she still does and she also expects a reply.
    and in this case, you're talking about a small circle of very high-up people who work closely together and whose job also involves dealing with the personalities and egos of actors and directors (and themselves), of course things are going to get personal. people aren't machines.

i hate this culture of fake apologies. i wish someone had the balls to say "i'd apologise, except i have nothing to apologise for since the only crime here is that private emails were made public, so the only ones that should be apologising are the fucking hackers, and the tabloids who are having a field day with this".
    Snarker and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information