Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Christian Bale to George Clooney: "Just Shut Up," "Stop Whining"

Default Christian Bale to George Clooney: "Just Shut Up," "Stop Whining"

Christian Bale reportedly puts fellow Batman alum George Clooney on blast in WSJ. Magazine for complaining about the paparazziCredit: Ian Gavan/Getty Images; Andreas Solaro/AFP/Getty Images

Buck up, Batman. Christian Bale has some harsh words of wisdom for fellow former Caped Crusader George Clooney. According to The New York Post's Page Six, Bale thinks Clooney's complaints about the pitfalls of fame are "boring," and he has no problem saying so in a new interview for WSJ. Magazine.
    "It doesn't matter that he talks about it," the Welsh-born Dark Knight Rises actor, 40, told WSJ (via Page Six) of Clooney's issues with the paparazzi. "It's like, 'Come on, guys, just shut up. Just get on with it and live your lives and stop whining about it.' I prefer not to whine about it."

Which is not to say Bale's patience isn't tested every once in a while -- just that he tries to avoid getting too hot and bothered around photographers. As he told WSJ's Andrew Goldman, "you've got a choice" about how you handle those situations.
    "I was in Italy with my wife," he recalled, referring to former model Sibi Blazic, whom he married in 2000 and has two kids with. "I would go to work; she would leave the hotel. There would be a man who stood outside...and say the most obscene things imaginable to my wife...I know what he's after; he has a strategy there."

He continued: "Am I able to say I'm not gonna give him that satisfaction of angry Christian Bale coming after this man? But equally, he's killing my humanity and my dignity as a husband if I do not, and he knows this. So you've got a choice."
    Bale should know. His temper has gotten him in hot water before, perhaps most memorably in 2009, when audio leaked of him ripping into the director of photography on the set of Terminator Salvation. He later apologized for the profanity-filled rant, telling radio station KROQ that it was "inexcusable."

Read more: Christian Bale Tells George Clooney to "Just Shut Up," "Stop Whining" - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

I don't care if he's right, I still can't stand him. Did he really say "angry Christian Bale"? Please. You're an actor who yells. Not scary.
    Bellatheball, Brando and card like this.

He needs to shut up, not Clooney. OK maybe they both do, but Bale yells louder so he's more annoying.
    Angeli likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

They both need to STFU about everything.

Christian doesn't have to shut up, just come to me... I clearly have a thing for the Welsh
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Bale can stfu about everything. Clooney has been quiet (minus his over-the-top wedding) about everything in general. I like both of them, but Bale just needs to keep his yap shut, considering what a prick he is during production.
    card likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    He needs to shut up, not Clooney. OK maybe they both do, but Bale yells louder so he's more annoying.

And he yelled at a member of the the crew and that's never good.
    card likes this.

I love Christian Bale. Great actor and I gotta admit I got hours of entertainment over his melt down.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I love Bale as an actor, but I can't believe what I'm reading here. Bale can't even handle a lighting director standing 50 feet away, not saying anything, and we are supposed to believe that he can handle a paparazzi standing 10 feet away screaming obscenities?
    card likes this.

I think they're both pretty low profile in their real lives ... except for Clooney's recent marriage and that press conference he held after Diana's death. I think they're both good at what they do at work. I'm also sure there have been worse meltdowns about lesser things than Bale did, they just weren't recorded and released. Not saying he was right in any way. Just surprises me that suddenly Bale feels the need to open his mouth and throw shade on another actor.

I thought Clooney hadn't complained much but my friendly Google tells me that he has and not only that but he has told others not to complain!

George Clooney says acting is not hard

George Clooney has laid into fellow Hollywood stars, saying that acting is not hard work and they should stop moaning.

Hollywood star George Clooney Photo: REX

10:23AM GMT 06 Dec 2011

The 50-year-old, who is strongly tipped for an Oscar for his latest film The Descendants, said acting was a breeze compared to his early careers cutting tobacco or selling insurance.

"I cut tobacco for a living in Kentucky. That was hard work," Clooney told the Hollywood Reporter.

"I sold insurance door-to-door. That's hard work. Acting is not hard work. If you're lucky enough to be sitting at a table like this, you've been very lucky in your life.

"You caught the brass ring somewhere along the way.

"I've known a tremendous number of talented actors who didn't get opportunities. Is it hard work? It's long hours, but nobody wants to hear you complain.

Related Articles

"I remember I was selling women's shoes at a department store, which is a lousy job."
    Clooney said no actors should complain about their profession.
    "I remember I would hear of famous stars complaining in Hollywood about how hard their life was – I didn't want to hear that," he said.
    "So I don't find it difficult. I find it challenging, and sometimes I'm very bad at it, but I don't find it hard."
    Last month, the actor said he was left in such pain after seriously hurting his back six years ago that he considered committing suicide.
    Clooney sustained the spinal injury while filming Syriana in 2005 after a stunt went wrong.
    He told Rolling Stone magazine that he began to have suicidal thoughts while bedridden in hospital, suffering from intense headaches.
    The American, who won an Oscar for his performance in the film as CIA operative Robert Barnes, disclosed that the injury was so severe that he began blowing spinal fluid from his nose.
    “I was at a point where I thought, ‘I can’t exist like this. I can’t actually live’,” Clooney said.

George Clooney says acting is not hard - Telegraph

Merlot-N-Bali and Beeyotch like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Bitch fight? BITCH FIGHT!! C'mon guys, it's been a boring week. Help us out here.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I think they're both pretty low profile in their real lives ... except for Clooney's recent marriage and that press conference he held after Diana's death. I think they're both good at what they do at work. I'm also sure there have been worse meltdowns about lesser things than Bale did, they just weren't recorded and released. Not saying he was right in any way. Just surprises me that suddenly Bale feels the need to open his mouth and throw shade on another actor.

Bale has a film coming out this month, Exodus: Gods and Kings. That's why he's throwin with the shade.

Was there a Plague of Epithets? That's the role that Christian was born to play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information