• 3 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 2 Post By BITTER
  • 15 Post By NickiDrea
  • 4 Post By Kittylady
  • 2 Post By SapphireJD
  • 2 Post By BelledeJour
  • 1 Post By tulip
  • 2 Post By rollo

Thread: Kristen Stewart ‘judged harshly people’ who can’t deal with Alzheimer’s patients

Default Kristen Stewart ‘judged harshly people’ who can’t deal with Alzheimer’s patients

Kristen Stewart knew Julianne Moore way before they filmed their new indie drama Still Alice.
    “I’ve known her for a number of years [because] I worked with her husband [Bart Freundlich] on a movie that I did when I was really little called Catch That Kid,” Stewart told me last night at the Still Alice screening at the AFI presented by Audi film festival. She was just 10 years old when Freundlich directed her in the 2004 crime comedy co-starring future High School Musical star Corbin Bleu. In Still Alice, Stewart plays the daughter of a woman with Alzheimer’s (Moore).

“Everyone always says that you want to work with people that you truly have a connection with, but it doesn’t always happen,” the Twilight star said. “That’s the kind of stuff that I really go after when I know that I could play her daughter because it’s not a stretch. It’s something that is so very much in us. The story is powerful and sad and scary, so I was very comfortable jumping into that with her.”
    Moore gushed about Stewart, “I couldn’t love her more. She’s such a wonderful actress and she’s so emotional, so full of feeling. She really has it at her fingertips, and I just love her. I love her to death.”

Preparing for the movie involved intense research. Stewart spent time with an elderly Alzheimer’s patient with severe dementia.

“She was quite old, so it made sense that she wasn’t fully with me,” she said. “But I knew, for a second, that she had been dropped into her body, and I was like, ‘Oh my God, this is rare, and this is very brief.’ I really held on to those few seconds, and I really appreciated it. Cut to two seconds later, we’re hanging out with her and her family, and she’s trying to say something about the dinner or something, and everyone’s just talking over her,” Stewart continued. “I felt instantly that she has so much to offer, and she might not be able to cognitively explain how she’s feeling, but she’s feeling so much. I had a connection to this subject. I judged harshly people who couldn’t deal.”

[From E! News]

Cele|bitchy | Kristen Stewart ‘judged harshly people’ who can’t deal with Alzheimer’s patients

So basically she judged the patient's own family?
    BelledeJour likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Shut up.

Also, ProActive.
    Froogy, Kittylady and deenz like this.

Why hasn't she left yet?
    arie_skop and Kittylady like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Spending a few hours with a person with Alzheimer's is nothing like being a caretaker for them. She would be singing a different tune if she spent all day feeding the person, changing them, bathing them, lifting them, etc. My dad and stepmomwere the the primary night caretakers for my step grandmother when she had Alzheimer's. They had plenty of money for a very nice assisted care facility- one in their town- but my stepmom couldn't bear to put her mom in a home. They were completely exhausted by caring for her and it took a toll on them physically, emotionally, and mentally even though she had a visiting nurse during the way.

Alzheimer's is a horrible disease for both the person suffering from it and their caretakers. Seeing the person you love deteriorate that way is a terrible experience. Sometimes people need a break from the stress of it. That doesn't mean they don't care about their loved ones.
    sluce, Shinola, arie_skop and 12 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

She didn't know this woman when she was together and vibrant. She hadn't seen the changes wreaked on her by this vicious disease or had to suffer the anguish of this living death and then having some sulky twat come in, hand hold for a bit and then say that she judged them harshly for how they were dealing with it...

Alzheimers destroys lives. It destroys relationships and marriages. It is a form of torture that can last for years so STFU Bitchtits!

Edit:

“She was quite old, so it made sense that she wasn’t fully with me,”

No, it doesn't make sense, you silly cow. There are plenty of older people who remain fully in control of their wits up to the day they pass over, just as there are others who fall victim to early onset dementia at frighteningly young ages. Don't make assumptions based on age, you stupid little girl.
    idunno, Snarker, Novice and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Gold Member

She hasn't got a clue-no idea at all about the course of the disease or what it does to the families and caretakers. Of course, this doesn't stop K-Stew from running her mouth about her "artistic" inspirations. She may want to spend a few months working at an ALF to truly get into the role.
    Kittylady and rollo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireJD View Post
    She hasn't got a clue-no idea at all about the course of the disease or what it does to the families and caretakers. Of course, this doesn't stop K-Stew from running her mouth about her "artistic" inspirations. She may want to spend a few months working at an ALF to truly get into the role.
    Worse than Megan Fox!

Could she please just go away?

As NickiDrea wrote: only because she spent a few hours, does not mean she knows anything about this topic.
    BITTER and rollo like this.

Elite Member

My friend's father had Alzheimer's and I will never forget when she told me about the day he no longer recognized her. He was still at home, being cared for by his wife, and my friend came for a visit. He thought she was a stranger breaking into the house and went into a rage. He was screaming at her, throwing things at her, trying to get her out of the house. My friend always said that is the day she lost her dad. When he actually died it was a relief because his mind was so ravaged by the disease. It is a horrible, horrible disease.

Kristen has no idea what it is like to love and lose someone to Alzheimer's.
    Shinola likes this.

Gold Member

How her parents resisted the urge to drown her at birth I'll never know.

She never makes sense about anything - and she's not even old!
    Kittylady and Ravenna like this.

Thread Information