Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: Benedict Cumberbatch Is Engaged to Sophie Hunter

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Benedict Cumberbatch Is Engaged to Sophie Hunter

Benedict Cumberbatch is ENGAGED to girlfriend Sophie Hunter - millions of hearts break - 3am & Mirror Online

Benedict Cumberbatch is ENGAGED to girlfriend Sophie Hunter - millions of hearts break

A forthcoming marriage announcement appeared in The Times newspaper today detailing the actor and his girlfriend's upcoming nuptials

Congrats!

Benedict Cumberbatch has become engaged to girlfriend Sophie Hunter - as revealed in a newspaper announcement.

The Sherlock actor's parents chose a traditional way of breaking the news by taking out an ad in the Forthcoming Marriages section of The Times.

The announcement reads: "Mr BT. Cumberbatch and Miss S.I. Hunter: The engagement is announced between Benedict, son of Wanda and Timothy Cumberbatch of London, and Sophie, daughter of Katharine Hunter of Edinburgh and Charles Hunter of London."

The 38-year-old actor was spotted with his partner at a tennis match this summer but they have kept their relationship out of the limelight.

Sophie is a 36-year-old Oxford-educated theatre director, and the pair have been spotted out together more regularly recently.

Is Sophie the new envy of millions? There were reports last month that the star had headed to Edinburgh to seek the blessing of Sophie's mother for the marriage.

When asked about the relationship, Sophie’s mum Anna said cryptically at her home: “Watch this space. You never know.”

Fans have reacted with complete shock to the news, with many hearts no doubt breaking across the globe.

One Twitter user wrote: "Okay he's really gonna be engaged with someone.

"Congrats to Benedict Cumberbatch for your upcoming engagement," while another added: "BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IS ENGAGED IM CRYING."

Benedict has previously said he wants someone with good “conversation skills”. And intelligent Sophie fits the bill.

She studied French and Italian at Oxford before enrolling at the prestigious Jacques Lecoq school of theatre in Paris – where students have included Sacha Baron Cohen, Steven Berkoff and Geoffrey Rush.

THAT announcement Last year the actor described his ideal girlfriend as: “A woman who knows that she doesn’t have to get all decked out to look good is sexy.

“A woman who can make you feel smart with her conversation skills is also sexy. I believe the sense of humour is important. I also think someone who is good at working with others is sexy.

“It’s like playing a tennis doubles match. You need to work well together if you are to stay partners for a long time.”

His disappearance from the eligible bachelor lists comes just a matter of weeks after the Hollywood star George Clooney married the lawyer Amal Alamuddin.

Cumberbatch, 38, is enjoying a golden period in his career as one of Britain's most popular actors and he has been lauded for his role as codebreaker Alan Turing in The Imitation Game, with suggestions he could make it onto the Oscars shortlist for the role.

Benedict Cumberbatch is ENGAGED to girlfriend Sophie Hunter - millions of hearts break - 3am & Mirror Online
    dowcat likes this.

I've never seen him act in anything and I don't get the hype because he's gruesome looking, and I assumed he was gay, but congrats.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

He has the strangest name, that perfectly suits his weird face.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Too many syllables. That's just selfish.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

I assumed he was gay too. He's an actor - come on. She has a lovely heart shaped face. That's all.

Oh and a formal announcement in The Times? Purleeze.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

He is an odd-looking man, but he is quite endearing when you see him in interviews. After seeing a few, I can understand why he has legions of "Cumberbitches" -- such a weird name for a fandom.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Well. So much for that.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

I love him and think he's hot as hell. He missed out on me dang it.
    PoisonGirl and teforde23 like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I swear, all I see when i look at this dude is the lil guy from Close Encounters:

He's a brilliant actor, but that mug.

His face is weird, I don't find him attractive at all. BUT he is great as Sherlock.
    BelledeJour and Sunrider like this.

I had no idea he was dating. He was great in "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy." Haven't seen him in anything else. He doesn't do it for me.

Did Tumblr explode?

I'm sorry he felt he had to do this. I knew he would take it hard when he found out I was taken.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

And Here Comes The Human Lizard Baby Rumors……

November 6, 2014 / Posted by: Michael K

Early this morning, every Cumberbitch woke up and after she used her fingers to chip away the shell of crusty tears that sealed her eyelids shut, she opened her eyes to see her loved one holding an open laptop while saying, “It’s time to face the Internet again.” The glare from her laptop screen blinded her for a second and she screamed, “I’m not ready! I’m not ready to face the truth!” Well, hopefully she ignored the Internet, went back to bed and continued to weep while clutching her otter stuffed animal (it’s the closest thing to a Benedict Cumberbatch Real Doll out there), because this totally truthful rumor will make her rip her own heart out and eat it.
    As you all know, the Internet was almost buried alive under a mountain of broken hearts and shattered dreams yesterday when Bendandsnap Culomatches and his fancy theater director girlfriend Sophie Hunter announced in a newspaper that they’re getting married. The Daily Mail says that B. Cums and Sophie Hunter are moving pretty fast, because he only started rubbing his cloaca against her recently. B. Cums and Sophie have been friends for years and years, but they just started dating full-time five months ago, if that. The source says that B. Cums proposed on Monday and they told the newspaper on Tuesday.
    “It has moved fast, but when something works, it works. They are very good for each other and are very much in love. They have mutual friends and mutual interests in the theatre. It just works. They have clicked. It is lovely news. They just got engaged this week. He didn’t go up to Edinburgh to ask her mum first. He asked her, I think, on Monday, then they rang to put the advert in on Tuesday.”
    Because B. Cums put a ring on it so fast, some are saying that Sophie is pregnant and might hatch out a litter of alien lizard human babies in a few months. But a few Cumberbitches think this is all just a STUNT QUEEN stunt to get him more exposure before he begins his campaign for Oscar! I know, getting married is crazy in itself, but getting married to win an Oscar? Whatever happened to the old-fashioned sane ways of winning an Oscar like pushing your rival down the stairs or anonymously telling the media that your biggest competition is a racist homophobe?
    I doubt B. Cums knocked up his fiancee, but if he did, we’ll all save so much money on our heating bills this winter. We’ll be able to warm our ass cheeks on the flames of fiery rage shooting out of the Cumberbitches.
    Dlisted | Be Very Afraid | Page 1
    dougie likes this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Forthcoming Marriages. I just love that. Forthcoming. So fancy sounding.

I've only seen him in the BBC's, Sherlock. Love him in it.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information