• 11 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 3 Post By rollo
  • 2 Post By faithanne
  • 2 Post By NickiDrea
  • 2 Post By Air Quotes
  • 7 Post By BITTER
  • 3 Post By InigoMontoya
  • 1 Post By kasippu

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow's website Goop 'faces $1.6M in debt' as it continues to lose money

Default Gwyneth Paltrow's website Goop 'faces $1.6M in debt' as it continues to lose money

Published: 12:03 EST, 3 November 2014

Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop has debts of over $1 million.

The actress opted to file an 'abbreviated balance sheet' for her lifestyle business' 2013 accounts but according to RadarOnline.com, the company's assets fell from $848,226 (£530,184) in 2012 to $752,210 (£476,410) the following year.
    And Goop has debts of $1,626,295 due to be paid in the coming year, up from just over $1,155,330 (£722,000) in the previous 12-month period, according to the company's financial records filed in the UK and obtained by the website.

Hard times: Gwyneth Paltrow's website Goop is $1.6 million is debt, according to corporate filings, the actress pictured on Monday in LA

Heading off: Gwyneth is seen queuing for her flight as she leaves LA on Monday

Shareholders' funds have plummeted from a loss of $284,449 (£177,788) in 2012 to $837,087 (£523,200) but the company are optimistic of their future, largely thanks to a move into e-commerce.
    The report notes: 'As the company started product sales in June, 2012, the directors are of the opinion that predicted profits will provide sufficient resources to enable to the company to continue trading for the foreseeable future.'
    In 2012, Goop recorded an overall loss of $39,823 (£23,718).
    MailOnline has contacted Gwyneth's rep for comment.

+5

Borrower: Radar claimed in April that Gwyneth took an interest free loan from the company's treasury, pictured last week in LA

+5

Uncertain future: Goop has debts of $1,626,295 due to be paid in the coming year, up from just over $1,155,330 (£722,000) in the previous 12-month period

This year, the company - which has moved from London to Los Angeles - has seen big staff changes, with former Martha Stewart Living executive Lisa Gersh taking over from Sebastian Bishop as CEO, and Finance Director Preete Janda leaving her role in July after a year.
    The site claimed in April that Gwyneth took an interest free loan from the company's treasury.
    Radar reported that both Gwyneth and Seb received 'interest-free loans', $49,025 (£29,200) for Gwyneth and $83,617 (£49,800) to Seb.

+5

Company turmoil: Gwyneth poses with former Goop CEO Seb Bishop at Goop's party to launch the summer season at Mark's Club in May last year

However, no doubt Gwyneth - whose movies that she's starred in have grossed more than $3.9 billion - will be able to turn things around.
    Business Week also reported last year that the website has over 150,000 subscribers.
    As well as the website, Gwyneth is also an accomplished author, and her last cookbook, It's All Good, became a hit after reaching number one on the New York Times Best Seller List.

Gwyneth Paltrow's website Goop 'faces $1.6M in debt' as it continues to lose moneyÂ* | Daily Mail Online

People don't want to pay $500 for a sweater? Didn't see that coming at all.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

It was only ever a vanity project/tax scheme.
    Sassiness, Sunrider and kasippu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    People don't want to pay $500 for a sweater? Didn't see that coming at all.
    They will pay that much, but people who have that kind of money aren't going to be spending it shopping online at GOOP. Or not enough of them anyway.
    Kittylady and Laurent like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Peace out, bitch!

(Sorry, Gwenyth hater here).
    sprynkles and Kittylady like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Couldn't happen to a cuntier cunt.
    Laurent and Sassiness like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Her dress looks like it's twisting up on her.

If she's so personally wealthy, why did she need to take a interest free loan (for only $49K? what's that ... a pair of pants and half a tank top on her site?) from her shit, errr, site?

ETA: I'm sorry, I just can't help myself. I personally think she's so unattractive (of course, that often happens with me when you're a cunt ... even if you're gorgeous or pretty or even girl-next-door cute, if you're a cunt, you're fucking ugly (looking at you too, Heigl) .... not to be confused with the beautiful and gorgeous cunts we have here), but even people that seem to not be bothered by her (which are few and far between) bitch about her hair. Even though she tries to play off that she's a natural blonde (never underestimate Google Image Search, bitch, and old movies of the week), she's so obviously not and her hair is soooo brassy yellow. I buy this John Frieda shit that is like a purple conditioner (it's like freaking $12, if that) at Target that you're supposed to use once every week or two to keep the brassiness away between hair appointments. I'm dark blonde with lots of fake highlights, so I've had issues with brassiness too, especially since my hair is cool/ashy toned. If I, a mere peasant, can take care of it with a drugstore product that's been out for a long time (different brands and everything), WHY can't she? And the dry, straw hair ... go to Sephora (again, I'm sure you can find many drugstore alternatives ... I just got a sample of this stuff and fell in love with it) and get Living Proof's Restore shampoo, conditioner and mask treatment. I know it's owned by your nemesis, Jen A., but Jesus, why are you a millionaire many times over and have such AWFUL, brassy, straw hair, when there are SO VERY MANY products you have at your disposal. Jen isn't a natural blonde either, in fact, I think she's got really dark hair, right? ... but damn, her hair is absolutely gorgeous. Sorry, I know, so freaking petty, but every time I see a picture of her, I can't get over her shit hair. I hate her.
    Last edited by Nevan; November 4th, 2014 at 07:32 PM.

czb

maybe she didn't need to but it was economically advantageous for her to do it. big diff.

pleaseGodletherfallonherflatfacepleaseGodpleaseohp leasei'lleventurnhetero.
    rollo, stef, OrangeSlice and 4 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    #pleaseGodletherfallonherflatfacepleaseGodpleaseoh pleasei'lleventurnhetero.
    Fixed that for you.
    Kittylady, BITTER and sunnyb like this.

Time to start whoring yourself, Goopy!

I'm in total agreement with Nevan regarding that low rent hair of hers. There is no excuse.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    If she's so personally wealthy, why did she need to take a interest free loan (for only $49K? what's that ... a pair of pants and half a tank top on her site?) from her shit, errr, site?.

She didn't, like Rollo said, it is a scheme anyway. If she really cared about GOOP, she could invest in it (sure she has the money) but it is a nice little way of getting her travel expenses paid, her make shift apartments for when she's doing a shitty movie, her wardrobe...
    rollo likes this.

Exactly. One tax vehicle funds another and the money keeps a-rolling.

On the subject of her yellow hair, she is busy, busy, busy! She has no time for hair unlike Jenni.

Thread Information