Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Lena Dunham denies child abuse claims stemming from new autobiography

Default Lena Dunham denies child abuse claims stemming from new autobiography

Kevin D. Williamson, a columnist for the conservative-leaning magazine National Review, accused Lena Dunham this weekend of admitting to sexual abuse in her new memoir Not That Kind of Girl.

Getty Images Stuart C. Wilson

Williamson points to a passage in the memoir where Dunham details how she sexually experimented with her little sister, Grace. Williamson also calls Dunham’s parents child abusers.

Dunham writes of casually masturbating while in bed next to her younger sister, of bribing her with “three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds … anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying.” At one point, when her sister is a toddler, Lena Dunham pries open her vagina — “my curiosity got the best of me,” she offers, as though that were an explanation.

Truth Revolt, a blog run by Conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro, published “Lena Dunham Describes Sexually Abusing Her Little Sister,” a follow-up to the National Review’s piece. The author, Bradford Thomas, writes:

In one particularly unsettling passage, Dunham experimented with her six-year younger sister’s vagina. “This was within the spectrum of things I did,” she writes.
    In the collection of nonfiction personal accounts, Dunham describes using her little sister at times essentially as a sexual outlet, bribing her to kiss her for prolonged periods and even masturbating while she is in the bed beside her.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...x-abuse-claims

The rest of the story is at the link but I'm a moron and can't post it without messing up.

Elite Member

She says this was just "weird" behavior...um...I think "disturbing" is a better adjective. It wasn't just a curiosity peek. There's a pattern of behavior here.

She writes about this and then is upset when people call her on it? There's something seriously off here.

I used to think she was just an attention whore. There's a lot more going on.

I still think that just shows how much of an attention whore she really is. Depraved depths of attention whoredom with her.

This is sad and changes my opinion of her. Writing it, as if it is normal and acceptable, will not make it so. That said, it is normal for siblings to do some experimenting since it's a period when curiosity begins and they are closest in age and proximity. I'm talking more of "show me yours and I'll show you mine."
    Fly_On_TheWall and Belt Up like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It is way to early to read that shit.
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

The irony of crusading social conservatives portraying experimenting 7-year-olds as a bigger threat to women's bodies has not escaped me.
    tulip, needmeds and Sunrider like this.

“This was within the spectrum of things I did,” she writes. Uh, if this were a boy opening his sister's vulva what would people be saying. I have always thought she is a nut, this doesn't change my mind.
    Callalily likes this.

Elite Member

I wouldn't label her a predator, and I know that siblings/kids do some checking out at this point, but there was something about pebbles being in her sisters vagina too -- I read that somewhere else. Just strange. Even if you did this, why would you write about it and not expect any eyebrows to be raised at all? And how does her sister feel about this coming forward? The whole thing is just weird. She's just weird.

Elite Member

Surely she meant vulva and not vagina? If she had her fingers all up in her 1 yo sister's vagina, that's just wrong.
    I want to like Girls, but the characters are just so self-centered and unlikable, I can't be bothered to watch.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She is nothing more than a shit-stirring troll of a woman.

Seeing as she's recently admitted to reading gossip sites, now might be a good time to step back from that. Gonna be a lot to read about herself.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I wanna know what her sister has to say about all this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I wanna know what her sister has to say about all this.
    "Ouch."

I was actually thinking of buying her book but after reading those passages online, I won't. I don't want to read such stories and her style of writing seems to be boring.
    arie_skop likes this.

Truth Revolt is a disgusting blog with an agenda. They originally "mistakenly" wrote that Lena was seventeen at the time, rather than seven.

Gawker printed the relevant excerpt and it didn't seem like a big deal to me. Her mom had just taught her about vaginas and penises and she was playing outside with her little sister, thought, "I wonder if Grace has a vagina too" so she looked. Then she screamed because she saw her sister had put some pebbles in her crotch, so their mom came out of the house and dealt with it. To try and portray it as "sexual abuse" is an offense to those who've genuinely suffered.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information