• 22 Post By Air Quotes
  • 7 Post By Bellatheball
  • 1 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 5 Post By MsDark
  • 4 Post By firebrat1229
  • 3 Post By levitt
  • 1 Post By AnnT
  • 1 Post By nessysuperstar

Thread: Jennifer Lopez ‘felt abused in one way or another: mentally, emotionally, verbally’

Default Jennifer Lopez ‘felt abused in one way or another: mentally, emotionally, verbally’

Jennifer Lopez makes a surprising admission in her upcoming memoir, True Love: She’s felt abused in some of her past relationships. While she doesn’t specify the abuser, Lopez writes, “I’ve never gotten a black eye or a busted lip, but I’ve felt abused in one way or another: mentally, emotionally, verbally.” (She does not claim any physical abuse.)

Her new book describes the many ups and downs of her love life, as well as the reasons behind her 2011 split from Marc Anthony, the father of their 6-year-old twins, Max and Emme. But this wasn’t the book she planned to write.
    “It started out as fan book, a diary of the years I went on tour,” Lopez tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue. “But it turned into something else. As I started looking at things, it helped me face a lot. I would never go into specifics about my relationships, and I don’t. But the idea was that I learned something.”

Lopez, who has been married three times, says she’s learned a lot about love, especially when it comes to the importance of standing up for oneself.
    “Every day that you don’t walk out that door, every day you accept things in your partner and in yourself, is a day that you’re saying it’s okay,” she writes.
    “I had to learn to take care of myself and know my worth,” the American Idol judge also tells PEOPLE. “When things are not working out, and you’re not being treated in a way that you want to be treated, you have to look at that because it’s nobody’s fault but yours. You have to take control and you have to set up your own boundaries. You have the power to change it.”

Anthony, she says, is supportive of her and her new book. “He read it and said, ‘Wow, I didn’t realize you were going through this whole journey,’ ” says Lopez. “We try to be supportive of each other. We feel that’s the best thing for our kids.”
    For Lopez, who broke up with choreographer Casper Smart in June, it’s now about putting all these lessons into practice.
    “I’m learning to set up boundaries, you know what I’m saying?” says the singer, who adds that she is definitely single. “I call myself a W.I.P. – a work in progress. I’m still learning and growing every single day.”

[From People]

Cele|bitchy | Jennifer Lopez ‘felt abused in one way or another: mentally, emotionally, verbally’

Go fuck yourself.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

^ This thread should've closed now because, really, there's nothing more to say than that.

I feel auditorily abused every time I hear her screeching on the radio. And visually abused every time I see pics of her making those stupid "sexy" faces. So she needs to STFU.
    MissMitford likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

That crop top is visually abusive to my eyes.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I wonder if MC Hammer knows she took his pants?
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

He's wardrobely abused right now.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Hit By Ban Bus!

She needs to go away, once and for all. That outfit is absolutely horrendous...why did I open this thread? *slaps head*
    Kittylady likes this.

Bronze Member

She is the Worst.....but I kinda like her. She should of been over years ago but here she still is harassing us. Why and How???
    NickiDrea likes this.
    "The Signs & The Looks & The Pictures, They Give Your Game Away, Yeah"
    DURAN
    DURAN

Quote Originally Posted by nessysuperstar View Post
    She is the Worst.....but I kinda like her. She should of been over years ago but here she still is harassing us. Why and How???
    I like your reasoning... unfortunately I can't co-sign it because the same is true for Kim Kardashian and I hate her.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thread Information